Another Skip Baseless Controversy

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skip Bayless did it again. He just said the Giants receiving group was better than the Packers. He said Nicks was better than Jennings and Nelson, Manningham "catches everything", and Cruz is better than all the Packers receivers. Maybe he forgot a receiving corp is made up of 5 receivers. (Plus Finley)

Skip never seems to stop his hate for the Packers. But seriously, who's surprised at this point.

WELLLLLL

There is SOME merit to that with JUST receivers...

i'll give u QB and i'll give you TE by a long shot -

OP
OP
Bensalama21
Reaction score
WELLLLLL

There is SOME merit to that with JUST receivers...

i'll give u QB and i'll give you TE by a long shot -
The difference that I would give you is that you guys run more 3 receiver sets than 5 receiver sets. The Packers run 5 receiver sets. That makes both groups of receivers dangerous except when both teams are in 5 wide, I would take the Packers in a heartbeat cause after Jordy Nelson and Greg Jennings, everybody is basically interchangable for the 3rd spot.

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The difference that I would give you is that you guys run more 3 receiver sets than 5 receiver sets. The Packers run 5 receiver sets. That makes both groups of receivers dangerous except when both teams are in 5 wide, I would take the Packers in a heartbeat cause after Jordy Nelson and Greg Jennings, everybody is basically interchangable for the 3rd spot.

while that is true I would still take Mario out of all of them. Mario is gonna be a FA next year, hes going to be a WR2 or 1 depending on where he lands money wise

We can then go on to debate Jennings/Nelson vs Nicks/Cruz all day

OP
OP
Bensalama21
Reaction score
while that is true I would still take Mario out of all of them. Mario is gonna be a FA next year, hes going to be a WR2 or 1 depending on where he lands money wise

True. Neither team would trade for the other I believe.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This person says the contrary to evoke emotion.

He measures success by the number of people discussing his views and it matters not if you agree or think him the fool. Either way attention equals interest equals web traffic equals ad revenue. If you dislike him, don't do him favors by posting his thoughts. Why help him out?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We could debate Rodgers Eli if you would like :)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could, but I guess that means u would concede the WRs debate.
concede? No of course not. I think it was you who said neither side was budging so I just figured we agree to disagree and move on.

I'm frankly surprised were even debating the offenses. But hey that's what the week leading up to the game is for

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
concede? No of course not. I think it was you who said neither side was budging so I just figured we agree to disagree and move on.

I'm frankly surprised were even debating the offenses. But hey that's what the week leading up to the game is for

well we aren't debating. You didn't read what I said and then just responded

passtheSALSA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the receivers stack up evenly. I can't agree that Manningham catches everything though. Hakeem Nicks is hands down the best receiver on the Giants, please don't say Cruz is. Nicks is doubled CONSTANTLY and he still makes outstanding plays. Cruz is a huge big play threat just as Mario is. But I believe Nicks is definitely a top5 WR.

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the receivers stack up evenly. I can't agree that Manningham catches everything though. Hakeem Nicks is hands down the best receiver on the Giants, please don't say Cruz is. Nicks is doubled CONSTANTLY and he still makes outstanding plays. Cruz is a huge big play threat just as Mario is. But I believe Nicks is definitely a top5 WR.

Na Nicks is the #1... he ALWAYS has saftey over the top.

Falcons tried to double cruz and so we just went Nicks

Nicks doesn't have the "surest" hands, but hes a dynamic player.I even think those dropsies are overblown

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Na Nicks is the #1... he ALWAYS has saftey over the top.

Falcons tried to double cruz and so we just went Nicks

Nicks doesn't have the "surest" hands, but hes a dynamic player.I even think those dropsies are overblown

and I meant Manningham not Nicks about the surest hands comment

JJC7301

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skip Bayless did it again. He just said the Giants receiving group was better than the Packers. He said Nicks was better than Jennings and Nelson, Manningham "catches everything", and Cruz is better than all the Packers receivers. Maybe he forgot a receiving corp is made up of 5 receivers. (Plus Finley)

Skip never seems to stop his hate for the Packers. But seriously, who's surprised at this point.
HA! I'm a Giants fan -- I guess EVERYONE dislikes Skip Bayless because our boards can't stand him either.

BackingJPP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What?! Skip is hilarious; he gets paid to say controversial stuff and this thread is a perfect example of why he's always gets so much coverage. People pay attention to him, he says funny things and he has good/charming character to go with it. Don't like him? Then don't watch him and don't make threads about him. It'll only add to his popularity.

OP
OP
Bensalama21
Reaction score
What?! Skip is hilarious; he gets paid to say controversial stuff and this thread is a perfect example of why he's always gets so much coverage. People pay attention to him, he says funny things and he has good/charming character to go with it. Don't like him? Then don't watch him and don't make threads about him. It'll only add to his popularity.
I don't care about how famous he is. I mean is a thread about him on a Packers forum going to make him famous? Every professional in every sport knows about him. Lil Wayne has been on his show. Adam ******* has been on his show. Rodgers has talked about Skip Bayless. I didn't like Alabama or LSU but I still watched them. You don't like the Packers but you are still on their board. Think of this thread as an update to what the almighty Skip Baseless is up to in the world of opinions.

fahad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do not listen to Skip period.
He hate every successful team and he always think he know better.
GB receivers are much better, just look at the numbers also A. Rodger is much much better than Eli Manning. No comparison between GB and Giants in the passing department. There is a reason why GB 15-1 and Giants 10-6.
GB should win this match up with a good fight. Sorry Giants, GB is not Atlanta.
Giants looked great defensively vs. Falcons. They will pressure A. Rodger but he is one of the best QB against the blitz.
The Saints blitz heavy in first game against the Packers, our CBs and the team paid the price.
Giants have better DL than Saints for sure. But I think A. Rodger will be smart enough to pull a win.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the receiver issue is a draw. Some might try to argue the top three on each team advantage Giants...but when you factor in the 4th and 5th receiver (which GB uses 4 and 5 receiver sets frequently) and Finley at TE I dare say it's advantage Packers. But for arguement's sake we'll call it a draw.

As for QB comparisons...well I don't think we need to go there.

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skip is either a genius or completely insane. As they say there is a very fine line between the 2. I'd like to give him some truth serum to find out if he really, truly believes the nonsense he throws out there. Deep down I can't believe he does. So if he doesn't he's just a ***** looking for attention and saying whatever will get him attention and money.

Like how does he constantly rip Aaron Rodgers and LeBron James but has no problem praising Tim Tebow and a lowlife scumbag like Ben Roethlisberger? I know I shouldn't watch the show but I can't help myself. It's entertaining to me. The show would not get nearly as much attention if he always agreed with Rob Parker and Stephen A.

As for the receiver issue it's pretty close. Packers have Aaron Rodgers, that's the difference.

Members online

Latest posts