Another Skip Baseless Controversy

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zzzzzzzzzz..,Huh? Wha? Skip say something negative about Aaron? 'K. Thanx for sharing. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I love how he said Matt Flynn proves Rodgers is just a "system" QB, right after they talk about how Matt Cassel was 11-4 when his hero Brady was hurt.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Showed this to my friend who is a Giants fan, he left after he read Manningham catches everything. I will say the top 2 are similar, but as was said above 2 a receiving corp does not make.
I agree.... Nicks & Cruz are a helluva 1-2 punch, hard to get better than them.
Perhaps some here forgot what Hakeem did to us with a gorgeous TD on Woodson, which got CHarles to give him a handshake, and another TD on Shields in the same game.
Nicks is great, and Victor Cruz obviously is sensational as well.

Peter King put him on his ALL-PRO team.

Skip Bayless is an idiot though, and I learned this week here in Dallas that Skip was famous back in 1989-1990 for saying Aikman sucked and that they should go with Steve Walsh over Aikman. He got laughed/run outta town over that one.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone should follow Aaron Rodgers lead: he doesn't even mention his name.

SB only says things for rating. On the Bill and Johnson show, Homer (I believe) said that when the Cowboys were playing the Packers and he was on Dallas radio, he was talking about how the Packers would win. But when he was on Milwaukee's sports radio, he said the Cowboys would win. His opinion is not his opinion, it's only what will get people fired up.

People want to watch his show to see how outrageous his comments will be.

Yup, he's the Howard Stern of ESPN. His fans tune in because they love him. His haters tune in because they want to see what he'll say next.

Anyway, Bayless is a two-bit loser dolt. Not sure why anyone gives a flying fart in space about what he says, especially about the Packers.

OP
OP
Bensalama21
Reaction score
Finley is not including in the receiving corps. I think it's DAMN close of our 3 best WR (jennings, jordy, dd) vs their 3 (nicks, cruz, manningham) it might even be even right there. But throw in cobb and jj and our WR's are better.
Yeah I agree. I did "(Plus Finley)" cause even though he doesn't count as a receiver on the team, he plays like one and, like you said, is probably our 3rd best receiver.

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skip Bayless is employed to do 1 thing: stir the pot. He is always on the other side of the conversation. Don't take it too seriously. One thing I want to say though is that adding Finley into the aren't that we are better isn't entirely valid as he has dropped an insane amount of passes that hit him fit in the hands. He is incredibly athletic and has great range, b be honest with yourself...he drops a LOT of passes.

BUT, ya, our corps is better.

12theTruth

I typically don't even respond to threads which refer to anything attributed being said by Skip Bayless. He is nothing more than a loud mouthed troll that says controversial statements to drive up his twitter follower statistics. Ignore the moron and he will slink away into the depths.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bad thing about not having cable or satellite tv is I have to occasionally head to a bar to watch a game.
The good thing is I don't have to endure kooks like Skip and other talk show guys who manufacture a controversy to draw viewers.

Any time I do happen see shows like Skip's and pretty much everything else on these days I can't believe the new lows that are reached. It's like exponentially worse each year.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You could make the argument if Nicks played with Aaron, he might have similar numbers to Greg. Same with Cruz and Nelson. After that you really can't compare. Jones is a #2 if he's given a chance on any other squad, Finley might not produce in numbers(consistency) like Ballard but he has value as a one who requires double teams. He's clearly more talented. You could argue Manningham is equal to Driver. Driver is clutch in crunch time but rarely featured b/c of his age. We have Cobb and they have nothing after Manningham. Case closed.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Certainly the Giants receivers are good, but your guys have proven that they can make any QB look like an MVP. :p

...and the Saints' two All-Pro Guards can keep Brees inside the pocket unmolested and virtually untouched all year long...allowing him to slice and dice DB's with laser-like accuracy, thus putting Saints receivers equal to ANY team in the NFL. Frankly, it's always going to be the supporting cast that makes or breaks an NFL QB ... Saints' fans need look no further than their own previous record book under the name Archie Manning...would Archie Manning without Danny Abramowicz still be "THE" Archie Manning? Yeah...probably...Manning would just have made someone else famous.

Sterling Sharpe was lost to Brett Favre ... up steps Robert Brooks. Robert Brooks goes down...up steps Antonio Freeman...and so it goes.

This on-going pi**ing match over Rodgers-Brees could be one of the most stupid things I've encountered. Frankly, the most stupid things I've read have been on Saints fan forums. So be it ... each team's respective homers will make their gurgling noises -- but, the most mindless posts I've seen are the ones where Saints fans say Rodgers will win it BECAUSE OF A LACK OF RESPECT FOR BREES AND THE SAINTS WITHIN THE NATIONAL MEDIA. My gawd, that is brain-dead fodder ... good lord, morningwood, where do we find 'em, huh? You know, I've stayed away from Saints fan forums since the Saints started winning because I can't seem to dumb myself down enough to consistently roll past the mental diarrhea that I encounter there. Not a slam on you...you seem to be a reasonable poster...but man, those neo-Saint fans are really quite a piece of work.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly the only time I've heard of Skip Bayless' name is on Packer message boards. Who is this guy...a talking head on ESPN or on the radio?

OP
OP
Bensalama21
Reaction score
No, really. Who is this guy and what show is he on. Never even heard of him and I watch ESPN a lot. Or is he on another network?
Honestly the only time I've heard of Skip Bayless' name is on Packer message boards. Who is this guy...a talking head on ESPN or on the radio?
He is on the show "first take". It airs on espn 2 from 10-2 and maybe even till 3 or 4 (eastern). Basically every pro athlete knows of this guy. A lot of famous people like lil Wayne and adam ******* know about him and have been on his show too.

OP
OP
Bensalama21
Reaction score
He just posted on his twitter that he would take the Giants trio over the packers trio. I think it is a toss up.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Can he just get surgery to sew his mouth shut? Since I don't think we can all make ourselves deaf and unable to read?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts