Andrew Quarless arrested in South Beach

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The problem with your approach is that Linsley's performance is an exception and relying on it to happen more often isn't a smart way to handle the roster. I wouldn't feel comfortable with releasing Quarless (who was the unit's best run blocker) without bringing in another veteran and hoping one of Perillo, Backman, Henry or Spears is able to step up.
The likelihood of both Ripkowski and Kuhn making the roster may have just gone up.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Richard Rodgers' stock just went up. Q could stupid himself into playing for the Vikings.
Ah, no. the Vikings TE's are better than anything the Packers have on the roster. If the Packer wait long enough for the Vikings to cut a few TE's, I am sure they can pick up another TE.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
What's really stupid is that he did this on public property. Had he been on his own property they couldn't touch him.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah, no. the Vikings TE's are better than anything the Packers have on the roster. If the Packer wait long enough for the Vikings to cut a few TE's, I am sure they can pick up another TE.

It seems every time Green Bay lets someone go, they end up in ugly purple. It's like the Packers sending someone down to the minors.

Reaction score
I'm thinking this could be his break in Hollywood. The series "Ballers" could use an underachiever like him.
In seriousness, I would explain to Andrew what he clearly doesn't understand how his childish/violent behavior is negatively affecting the reputation of our franchise and entire league. I'd tell him he has no place in professional football until he acts accordingly. Then he should be given a verbal and effectively placed on watch, a probation not only for personal affairs, but also performance wise.
If his demeanor both on and off the field doesn't improve markedly this season, he'll need to sharpen his resume for employment.
I'd make that message clear for everyone on this team. No exceptions

Last edited:

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's really stupid is that he did this on public property. Had he been on his own property they couldn't touch him.

If his property is in the city limits, I can't imagine shooting guns being legal.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
If his property is in the city limits, I can't imagine shooting guns being legal.
Nope. I can go into my backyard and fire away and they can't do a damn thing about it. There are no city laws on guns in FL. Only state laws.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope. I can go into my backyard and fire away and they can't do a damn thing about it. There are no city laws on guns in FL. Only state laws.

And the state law appears to say you do need to be prudent:

Florida Statutes 790.15 – Discharging firearm in public or on residential property
Current as of: 2014 | Check for updates | Other versions
(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) or subsection (3), any person who knowingly discharges a firearm in any public place or on the right-of-way of any paved public road, highway, or street, who knowingly discharges any firearm over the right-of-way of any paved public road, highway, or street or over any occupied premises, or who recklessly or negligently discharges a firearm outdoors on any property used primarily as the site of a dwelling as defined in s. 776.013 or zoned exclusively for residential use commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
That's a moot point, but apparently in addition to not being able to recklessly or negligently discharge a firearm in your backyard (you apparently can practice responsibly on a target ) if you discharge it in a threatening way towards another person (which Quarless may be guilty of), you could be charged with assault.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quarless is a real idiot. A bullet riccochet could be dangerous.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Yeah, he was stupid not to wait until he was outside the parking garage to fire the gun. What and idiot, everyone knows that.

Ha very funny. Yes, obviously I didn't mean he should have been smart enough to fire the gun outside AS OPPOSED to inside the parking garage.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can you say Hello to GB keeping 6 WR's this year and letting Quarless walk. The door and this possibility was already opened when they drafted Montgomery, with the return of Abbrederis & the development of Janis. Now my belief is that Quarless closed that door.

H

HardRightEdge

Over under on his suspension?
It depends. Was there a toxicology test done? Will there be a video that gets out into the media?

I never much cared for this guy as a player, but it's like the Jones situation...the replacement can be worse.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
And the state law appears to say you do need to be prudent:

Florida Statutes 790.15 – Discharging firearm in public or on residential property
Current as of: 2014 | Check for updates | Other versions
(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) or subsection (3), any person who knowingly discharges a firearm in any public place or on the right-of-way of any paved public road, highway, or street, who knowingly discharges any firearm over the right-of-way of any paved public road, highway, or street or over any occupied premises, or who recklessly or negligently discharges a firearm outdoors on any property used primarily as the site of a dwelling as defined in s. 776.013 or zoned exclusively for residential use commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
Key word, "recklessly". I think he was doing it to prove something. I don't think he threatened anyone because that is not what he was charged with. Even the ladies involved said it was about his manhood. Apparently he no other way to prove his manhood then to fire off a .45 caliber pistol. Hell, even my grandpa can do that. Well he could if he was alive.

My guess, plea deal, fine, no jail time. NFL will be harsher.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
It depends. Was there a toxicology test done? Will there be a video that gets out into the media?

I never much cared for this guy as a player, but it's like the Jones situation...the replacement can be worse.
I would be willing to bet that alcohol was involved. Nothing good happens in Miami at 5:30 in the morning.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, his tattoos say a lot:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
http://m.jsonline.com/sports/packers/92563389.html

"I grew up in a Christian household," said Quarless, a native of Uniondale, N.Y. "I was always taught to give God thanks for things he's blessed me with. The way I approached it, God's gifts were my blessings.

"The way I was being portrayed, I wasn't even thinking anything like that. That was the last thing."

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like Guion? The last two Packer players the Vikings picked up won't even make the team. Camp fodder.

The last Tight End the Pack cut, Brandon Bostick, was scooped up immediately by the Purple Uglies. If they're so good at TE, why do they scramble so for Packer leftovers?

13 World Championships to 0. Maybe that's why.

H

HardRightEdge

Key word, "recklessly". I think he was doing it to prove something. I don't think he threatened anyone because that is not what he was charged with. Even the ladies involved said it was about his manhood. Apparently he no other way to prove his manhood then to fire off a .45 caliber pistol. Hell, even my grandpa can do that. Well he could if he was alive.

My guess, plea deal, fine, no jail time. NFL will be harsher.
You have a peculiar notion of what constitutes "threatening".

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The last Tight End the Pack cut, Brandon Bostick, was scooped up immediately by the Purple Uglies. If they're so good at TE, why do they scramble so for Packer leftovers?

13 World Championships to 0. Maybe that's why.
OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO, not the 13-0 Championship line. My God, get something new. Fact is, the number of players picked up by the other team over the past 40 years is about the same, so get over it.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Players going to rival teams is very prevalent in the NFC north. Always has been.

The Vikings are still f***ing terrible and always will be. :D

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO, not the 13-0 Championship line. My God, get something new. Fact is, the number of players picked up by the other team over the past 40 years is about the same, so get over it.

I guess I struck a nerve.

As for "getting something new", just sit back and enjoy while it becomes 14-0.

Not my fault you picked an inferior organization to root for. Get over it, as you say.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

The Vikings tight ends include a very talented but often injured Kyle Rudolph, Chase Ford and Rhett Ellison (who both only have 30 catches in three NFL seasons), Brandon Bostick (who the Packers obvioulsy don´t want to have back) and an athletic rookie in MyCole Pruitt. IMO nothing to brag about.

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO, not the 13-0 Championship line. My God, get something new.

Different from the Vikings depth at tight end this is something to brag about though. We´ll stop with it once your team wins at least a single championship. ;)

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm a pre-Lombardi Packer fan, but I have to sympathize. The first three were by league standing, so if we want them to really count, how would the NFL championship roster look if that was the criterion all along? The next three were won before I was born, and I just turned 70 - not the kind of factor in which to rub someone's nose, especially a fan of a team that didn't exist, and therefore didn't have any opportunities then. 7-2 in league championships and 4-1 in Super Bowls since Lombardi arrived is still pretty good for bragging rights, and much more relevant. I may have missed it, but I don't remember hearing much bragging about the 11 championships during the Gory Years.

Members online

Latest posts