Andrew Quarless arrested in South Beach

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a pre-Lombardi Packer fan, but I have to sympathize. The first three were by league standing, so if we want them to really count, how would the NFL championship roster look if that was the criterion all along? The next three were won before I was born, and I just turned 70 - not the kind of factor in which to rub someone's nose, especially a fan of a team that didn't exist, and therefore didn't have any opportunities then. 7-2 in league championships and 4-1 in Super Bowls since Lombardi arrived is still pretty good for bragging rights, and much more relevant. I may have missed it, but I don't remember hearing much bragging about the 11 championships during the Gory Years.

It only takes one World Championship to give a team an edge over the Vikings; the rest are redundant.....:D

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't read every post here but all I have to say is, it takes a certain kind of ****** to be this stupid. I'll never understand it, never. You're making tons of money and all you have to do is not be an idiot, and these guys can't do it. If we weren't razor thin at TE, I'd have no issue cutting him. Problem is we are razor thin there and need his dumb @$$.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I guess I struck a nerve.

As for "getting something new", just sit back and enjoy while it becomes 14-0.

Not my fault you picked an inferior organization to root for. Get over it, as you say.
Nope. No nerve struck. I just find it funny that so many Packer fans have to throw that out there whenever they get chance. It usually means I struck a nerve. :)

BTW, I don't believe it's 13, I believe it's 15. See, the NFL championship and the AFL-NFL championship pre-merger are two different championships in my book. But everyone let the NFL rewrite history to suit their needs. Lombardi didn't even want to play the Chiefs. Why should they, they had already won the NFL championship.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
BTW, I don't believe it's 13, I believe it's 15. See, the NFL championship and the AFL-NFL championship pre-merger are two different championships in my book. But everyone let the NFL rewrite history to suit their needs. Lombardi didn't even want to play the Chiefs. Why should they, they had already won the NFL championship.
This is Raptorman's attempt to pretend the Vikings finished a season by winning a title game, but of course it doesn't pass the smell test and the Vikings are still 0 for forever in championships. Yep, no nerve struck. :roflmao:

Regarding Quarless it looks to me like he's got a problem with booze. He may have to decide if he likes drinking better than earning an NFL paycheck. He's already made more than $4M pre-tax and has jeopardized about $1.5M this season, let alone future contracts.

Last edited:

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope. No nerve struck. I just find it funny that so many Packer fans have to throw that out there whenever they get chance. It usually means I struck a nerve. :)

We don't have to throw it out; we do it because we can.

This is fun, isn't it?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is Raptorman's attempt to pretend the Vikings finished a season by winning a title game, but of course it doesn't pass the smell test and the Vikings are still 0 for forever in championships. Yep, no nerve struck. :roflmao:

Regarding Quarless it looks to me like he's got a problem with booze. He may have to decide if he likes drinking better than earning an NFL paycheck. He's already made more than $4M pre-tax and has jeopardized about $1.5M this season, let alone future contracts.

Either way they lost the trophy so they still have nothing to show for it

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing good happens in Miami at 5:30 in the morning.

Lots of good things can happen in Miami at 530 am, the best ones you dont read about in the paper (online, print is dead).

Also you can get some great fishing in at 530 am

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would you mind providing a link to the story???

I saw the same article. I cannot find it again though. I browsed past it on Facebook a few hours ago.

But it clearly stated we aren't cutting him and are "standing behind him" on this or something like that.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

No, I just don't believe in rewriting history. And FWIW, I never mentioned the Vikings. But hey, if Packer fans want to believe 13 is better than 15 then they can believe in the rewritten history the NFL pushes. You know how much the NFL thinks of AFL players from the 60's. Only 1 AFL player that played strictly before the merger has ever been elected to the HOF. Any other player from the old AFL that has been elected to the HOF played before and after the merger.

And what did the Packers think of the old AFL? Before the merger, the two leagues played 72 exhibition games over 3 years (67-69). The only team that refused to play one of these games. The Packers.

That being said, Quarless will pay more from his actions from the NFL then from the authorities in Miami.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Consider the plight of our poor friend Raptorman: (According to him) he grew up within 30 miles of Lambeau Field and became a Vikings fan in 1966. The greatest HC in the history of the NFL had just won the NFL Championship in ’65 and was on his way to an unprecedented three in a row. Raptorman’s timing was precisely and exquisitely bad: He missed all four Packers Super Bowl victories and within 10 years of picking the wrong team suffered four Super Bowl losses. But give him credit: He hides his resulting psychosis well. ;)

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Consider the plight of our poor friend Raptorman: (According to him) he grew up within 30 miles of Lambeau Field and became a Vikings fan in 1966. The greatest HC in the history of the NFL had just won the NFL Championship in ’65 and was on his way to an unprecedented three in a row. Raptorman’s timing was precisely and exquisitely bad: He missed all four Packers Super Bowl victories and within 10 years of picking the wrong team suffered four Super Bowl losses. But give him credit: He hides his resulting psychosis well. ;)
I don't hide it. I throw it out there for all to see! I mean really, one would have to have a psychosis to be a Viking's fan posting on a Packers forum. :)

I hate the off season. :(

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will likely be without Quarless for at least a quarter of the season. This thing could take a while to be resolved.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just going to be curious how people that talk about only wanting "Packers people" will reconcile keeping a mediocre talent on the team that fired a gun in public (whether at the ground or not, shooting a gun in anger to demonstrate said anger is a horrible decision) and then tried to hide that gun in a potted plant!

H

HardRightEdge

I'm just going to be curious how people that talk about only wanting "Packers people" will reconcile keeping a mediocre talent on the team that fired a gun in public (whether at the ground or not, shooting a gun in anger to demonstrate said anger is a horrible decision) and then tried to hide that gun in a potted plant!
The 3 cases this off-season are unique only in their numbers. In recent years the Packers have had issue players in Jolly, Neal, Walden and Underwood. The Packers were not averse to taking Lyerla for a spin.

The Packers are good for about one problem child per year; that there were 3 this season is catch-up since nothing notable had happened during the 2013 and 2014 seasons. Call it a regression to the mean.

It's a violent game played by violent men, as the cliche goes, with the added problem that these guys get paid scads of money while many have not the faintest idea of what to do with it. That's a recipe for trouble of one sort or another from time to time.

So, is one guy getting in trouble per year a good number given the circumstances? I think so. If the guy can play some does he get a second chance? It would appear so. Does a guy with problems who happens to suck on the field get shown the door sooner than a guy who doesn't? That's business.

That some fans have an exaggerated notion of how squeeky clean the Packers might be (or have been), that doesn't diminish the fact that the Packers have run a pretty clean ship all-in-all.

Attempts to claim some moral high ground on the matter are bound to be frustrated; keeping the number of knuckleheads to a minimum is a credible element in constructing a winning formula.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
It's a violent game played by violent men, as the cliche goes, with the added problem that these guys get paid scads of money while many have not the faintest idea of what to do with it. That's a recipe for trouble of one sort or another from time to time.
Add to that some have been babied from junior high (or earlier) on because they were/are special athletes which reinforces the idea "the rules" don't apply to them. I never bought into "Packer people" because I see that as an "exaggerated notion of how squeeky clean the Packers" but I agree with HRE: The Packers do keep the knuckleheads to a minimum.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 3 cases this off-season are unique only in their numbers. In recent years the Packers have had issue players in Jolly, Neal, Walden and Underwood. The Packers were not averse to taking Lyerla for a spin.

The Packers are good for about one problem child per year; that there were 3 this season is catch-up since nothing notable had happened during the 2013 and 2014 seasons. Call it a regression to the mean.

So, is one guy getting in trouble per year a good number given the circumstances? I think so. If the guy can play some does he get a second chance? It would appear so. Does a guy with problems who happens to suck on the field get shown the door sooner than a guy who doesn't? That's business.

That some fans have an exaggerated notion of how squeeky clean the Packers might be (or have been), that doesn't diminish the fact that the Packers have run a pretty clean ship all-in-all.

Attempts to claim some moral high ground on the matter are bound to be frustrated; keeping the number of knuckleheads to a minimum is a credible element in constructing a winning formula.

You'll get no disagreement from me on the idea that the Packers have run one of the cleaner ships in the NFL. I just always find it interesting when off-field issues are brought up as a negative for a player on another team with the implication that the Packers wouldn't want that player on the team because of those off-field problems. Obviously I'm not talking about the really serious off-field stuff here but the Packers are keeping a guy on the roster (not even an above average player) that pulled a loaded gun on a group of people. That's one drunk twitch away from something REALLY bad happening...and if he wasn't drunk when this happened then it's even worse.

H

HardRightEdge

You'll get no disagreement from me on the idea that the Packers have run one of the cleaner ships in the NFL. I just always find it interesting when off-field issues are brought up as a negative for a player on another team with the implication that the Packers wouldn't want that player on the team because of those off-field problems. Obviously I'm not talking about the really serious off-field stuff here but the Packers are keeping a guy on the roster (not even an above average player) that pulled a loaded gun on a group of people. That's one drunk twitch away from something REALLY bad happening...and if he wasn't drunk when this happened then it's even worse.
I assume you're referring to the "Dez vs. Bryan" thread, one in which I am happily not participating.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
You mean the trophies that werent given out? lol nice try.

Keep hunting for that lost trophy
Funny, that lost trophy, was the same one supposedly "not given out" to the Packers. It was a traveling trophy, similar to the Stanley Cup, only they didn't put the teams name on it. The teams could also have replicas made for their trophy case.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts