An outrageous idea whose time might be here

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been a Packers fan since 1961, so this isn't the hallucinations of a Vikings fan gone adrift.
A friend of a friend who works inside the Packers organization had some interesting news the other day. Apparently the relationship between #12 and his head coach isn't so good. How bad, who knows, but lets say it's been tough communication.
I have long thought about when the Packers will "Favre" Rodgers, that is, move him away for the next QB? I read reports this weekend that the team is very high on Hundley. Tolzien is likely to move on and the Packers won't make an offer to him. They think with MM's QB school and off season, he might be ready. The report said Hundley was a first-round pick that slipped by some wrong assumptions about him. He's still a first round pick.

The Rams are moving to LA this year and need a QB. In the old days, the Rams QB when they were based in LA was an instant movie star. Often the QB was in movies and later TV. It's the star power of the position in the star-making center of the world.
I think you see where this is heading.
Every Packer fan stands and says, "Are you nuts? Trade Aaron Rodgers?"

That is exactly what I'm saying. He's 32, not 25. He's had an off year, possibly enhanced by a bad knee. The Packers will eventually need to turn the page, so why not now?
The Rams are looking for a QB. Foles is ok, probably an above-average backup. Do you think they would welcome a former MVP and national celebrity to LA?

"But the Packers couldn't possibly get anything back in return to compensate for this?
This could be the equivalent of the Hershel Walker trade to the Packers in terms of the future. A minimum of two number ones and a two number two's. You could throw Foles in as well. Unless there's an infusion of talent, we're likely to see the Packers continue to slide until an eventual day when the viable starters are all old together and a change needs to be made. The Rams management sees the ticket-selling value of this trade straight out. This would be a marketing bonanza for them.

"But Aaron says he loves the Packers".
Yup, Favre did too. But Aaron is already heavily invested in the LA scene. His womanfriend, Olivia Munn, is a rising star in LA. Think she wants to spend much time in Green Bay? So given the crossroads in his relationship with McCarthy and strong ties to LA, I don't think he would mind. The Rams have talent on offense.
A second possibility is to trade Rodgers to the Chargers for Philip Rivers. Rivers is even older, but could be a place holder until he retires in a year or two. They might see the same value.

On the surface, the entire idea is outrageous. But so was the idea that humans could fly, or you could carry a device with you that would allow you to communicate around the world.

Uh, no.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been a Packers fan since 1961, so this isn't the hallucinations of a Vikings fan gone adrift.
A friend of a friend who works inside the Packers organization had some interesting news the other day. Apparently the relationship between #12 and his head coach isn't so good. How bad, who knows, but lets say it's been tough communication.
I have long thought about when the Packers will "Favre" Rodgers, that is, move him away for the next QB? I read reports this weekend that the team is very high on Hundley. Tolzien is likely to move on and the Packers won't make an offer to him. They think with MM's QB school and off season, he might be ready. The report said Hundley was a first-round pick that slipped by some wrong assumptions about him. He's still a first round pick.

The Rams are moving to LA this year and need a QB. In the old days, the Rams QB when they were based in LA was an instant movie star. Often the QB was in movies and later TV. It's the star power of the position in the star-making center of the world.
I think you see where this is heading.
Every Packer fan stands and says, "Are you nuts? Trade Aaron Rodgers?"

That is exactly what I'm saying. He's 32, not 25. He's had an off year, possibly enhanced by a bad knee. The Packers will eventually need to turn the page, so why not now?
The Rams are looking for a QB. Foles is ok, probably an above-average backup. Do you think they would welcome a former MVP and national celebrity to LA?

"But the Packers couldn't possibly get anything back in return to compensate for this?
This could be the equivalent of the Hershel Walker trade to the Packers in terms of the future. A minimum of two number ones and a two number two's. You could throw Foles in as well. Unless there's an infusion of talent, we're likely to see the Packers continue to slide until an eventual day when the viable starters are all old together and a change needs to be made. The Rams management sees the ticket-selling value of this trade straight out. This would be a marketing bonanza for them.

"But Aaron says he loves the Packers".
Yup, Favre did too. But Aaron is already heavily invested in the LA scene. His womanfriend, Olivia Munn, is a rising star in LA. Think she wants to spend much time in Green Bay? So given the crossroads in his relationship with McCarthy and strong ties to LA, I don't think he would mind. The Rams have talent on offense.
A second possibility is to trade Rodgers to the Chargers for Philip Rivers. Rivers is even older, but could be a place holder until he retires in a year or two. They might see the same value.

On the surface, the entire idea is outrageous. But so was the idea that humans could fly, or you could carry a device with you that would allow you to communicate around the world.

While they're at it, maybe they can move the team to Idaho or something too. That'd also be pretty stupid.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a conversation I think better served around 2020 to discuss...now, not so much unless we are talking like 3 years 1st rounders, plus their entire tradeable picks for 2016 and half of their tradeable for 2017/2018. Do that and throw in Foles, sure let's talk...even then.....

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a conversation I think better served around 2020 to discuss...now, not so much unless we are talking like 3 years 1st rounders, plus their entire tradeable picks for 2016 and half of their tradeable for 2017/2018. Do that and throw in Foles, sure let's talk...even then.....

It's STILL NOT ENOUGH. Aaron Rodgers is the best in the WORLD. No draft picks can replace that. Just DON'T TRADE HIM. Geez. lol

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's STILL NOT ENOUGH. Aaron Rodgers is the best in the WORLD. No draft picks can replace that. Just DON'T TRADE HIM. Geez. lol

I do believe he is the best QB right now...Cam and Brady nippin his heals. However, if you can get an above average QB and essentially two teams draft picks for 3 years....you would be an idiot to not consider it. The deal would still not happen more so because of everything the other team would have to give up. The amount of talent you could draft or trade for with all those picks would be insane.

I still say don't do it though myself haha! But I'd have to chew on it for quite some time.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do believe he is the best QB right now...Cam and Brady nippin his heals. However, if you can get an above average QB and essentially two teams draft picks for 3 years....you would be an idiot to not consider it. The deal would still not happen more so because of everything the other team would have to give up. The amount of talent you could draft or trade for with all those picks would be insane.

I still say don't do it though myself haha! But I'd have to chew on it for quite some time.

Do you want Ryan Tannehill? I FIRED him. That is what you are telling me right now.

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade Rodgers and sign Manziel seems like the best route our organization could possibly take.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
At least we can be assured that we will NEVER see Aaron Rodgers in a #12 Jets Uniform. :coffee:

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK. Can somebody help me here? I got myself permanently banned from thephins.com, on purpose only because, IMO, they failed me and I did not want to be tempted to go back ever again. I tried to log on today only because somebody I truly cared about died. I wasn't able do do that. Because I am banned permanently, lol. His name was Bigbry. I cared about him a great deal actually, and he died. I wanted to tell his daughter that I cared about her father. I can not do that atm. Can somebody just go to that thread and tell them I cared? Can we accomplish that in 2016?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
OK. Can somebody help me here? I got myself permanently banned from thephins.com, on purpose only because, IMO, they failed me and I did not want to be tempted to go back ever again. I tried to log on today only because somebody I truly cared about died. I wasn't able do do that. Because I am banned permanently, lol. His name was Bigbry. I cared about him a great deal actually, and he died. I wanted to tell his daughter that I cared about her father. I can not do that atm. Can somebody just go to that thread and tell them I cared? Can we accomplish that in 2016?

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

A way for you to accomplish this would be to register under another screen name (same effect as one of us delivering the message). You might have to register with another email and/or a different ISP. I am sure that message will mean more to his daughter coming from you.

I bet the screen name "PackerFan" is available. :coffee:

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry for the loss of your friend.

A way for you to accomplish this would be to register under another screen name (same effect as one of us delivering the message). You might have to register with another email and/or a different ISP. I am sure that message will mean more to his daughter coming from you.

I bet the screen name "PackerFan" is available. :coffee:
I thought about that. I thought it would be lying though. I don't lie. New Year's Resolution #1. Think about that for a second. YOU can not lie f0r ANY REASON whatsoever, under any circumstances. My 14 year old son laughed and said "GOOD LUCK". LOL

I mean it. Honestly.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Or you can change one of the I's in your name to a one or ! Register and post from a public hotspot or work or the library.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It isn't lying. No different then one of us posting. Go in, send your message and don't look back.

Now if you are trying to get back in and do some damage or settle some scores, then I wouldn't bother.

You could also try to contact a Mod and see if they will allow your account to be temp. reopened to deliver your message. Or, maybe they would deliver your message for you.

Personally, I think the message means a lot more to his daughter if it comes from you direct or via a mod. Just my opinion.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It isn't lying. No different then one of us posting. Go in, send your message and don't look back.

Now if you are trying to get back in and do some damage or settle some scores, then I wouldn't bother.

You could also try to contact a Mod and see if they will allow your account to be temp. reopened to deliver your message.
I swore to myself that I would never go back. It broke my heart when I saw that Bigbry died. My son is the one that told me. I don't go there any more, my son does. His daughter started the thread. I just want to tell her that I cared about her father a great deal. I helped start that message board. November 2007. You won't see an earlier join date than mine. It's "Crunch Time". Who can deliver for me?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
BWAHAHAHA!!!

EEEHEE......EEEHEE......EEEHEEE......OOOOOHOOOOHOOOO!!!

"Trade Aaron Rodgers".

AHHHH HAAAA HAAAA!!!!

EEEHEEE....EEEHEEE....EEEHEEE.....Oh man......I pissed myself.

"Trade Aaron Rodgers".

Wait.....you're SERIOUS?

*Insert Rod Serling voice* "You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts