An outrageous idea whose time might be here

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd personally use "MiamiMisfit" and a "Yahoo" address..
That way they expect trouble and lower their high standards... Kinda Like they did for me here ;)
I'm just gonna let it go. Now, back to business. How do we win the Super Bowl next year?

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are not trading Rodgers any time soon. Any notion of this is laughable. End thread.

Sky King

Reaction score
C'mon, fellas. Don't be so harsh with net for asking a thought provoking question. The circumstance that net presented to start this post are plausible when it is all distilled down to this:

If you were the GM and you had two QBs - one who was considered by most, if not all, experts to be a certain HOFer, and one up-and-coming QB who has strung together two or three outstanding pre seasons in a row and is much younger - under what conditions would you consider trading the incumbent? What's your "I don't want to trade him" price for either player?

It's just a hypothetical scenario, not a sacrilege. But it could become closer to reality with two big "ifs": Rodgers strings together two or three years of injuries and/or sub-par play (for him), and Hundley has played consistently better over the same period of time.

Who would you trade and for how much? Why?

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What'd Dallas get for Herschel Walker? What did New Orleans give up for Ricky Williams? Put those 2 trades together and I suppose I could be persuaded to trade Aaron Rodgers.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record, I'm not being harsh with anyone... But, there is no way Rodgers is getting traded for at least a couple more years. If Hundley keeps flashing and growing, and Rodgers seems to be close to walking away and TT can get value for him... I wouldn't be hugely opposed. But we're a long way from that right now. It's an outlandish idea RIGHT NOW. In 2-3 years, it may not be, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

What'd Dallas get for Herschel Walker? What did New Orleans give up for Ricky Williams? Put those 2 trades together and I suppose I could be persuaded to trade Aaron Rodgers.

The walker trade will never be duplicated, not even close. I'm not sure if it was the result of clauses in the CBA that resulted in the terms of that trade, or what. It was nuts. watching the ESPN 30 for 30 on it, I couldn't even believe.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has another 3-4 really good years left. QB shelf-life goes well into the late 30s in today's NFL. Some could even argue that a QB's prime is in the mid-30s these days. The game has changed. Its a QB protection program now. QB's are pampered and the rules are just for them.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

The Packers are not trading Rodgers any time soon. Any notion of this is laughable. End thread.

It`s a discussion forum, therefore the original poster is entitled to an opinion even if you disagree with it. No rules have been broken, so........

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It`s a discussion forum, therefore the original poster is entitled to an opinion even if you disagree with it. No rules have been broken, so........

At what point did I say he wasn't entitled to that opinion? Good lord... You're right, it is a discussion forum, and therefore I am allowed to respond with my opinion. On that basis, I haven't broken any rules, either. In case you're wondering- since this does appear to be your first day on the internet- "end thread" is a figure of speech.

Take a chill pill dude.

I

At what point did I say he wasn't entitled to that opinion? Good lord... You're right, it is a discussion forum, and therefore I am allowed to respond with my opinion. On that basis, I haven't broken any rules, either. In case you're wondering- since this does appear to be your first day on the internet- "end thread" is a figure of speech.

Take a chill pill dude.

No I`m not new here, but you obviously are...... I`m chilled enough Dudette ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yup.....I'm ready for another round of the 70's, 80's and 1/2 of the 90's of mediocrity and substandard QB play.....lets trade Rodgers, Fire TT, Fire MM, Fire Capers. Oh and while we are at it....build a new stadium! :coffee:

Only way you "ditch" AR IMO, is when he gets to his "Manning Years" and Hundley or whoever is waiting to take over and do a competent job is ready. I don't care if we were offered JJ Watt and 3 future 1st rounders.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Take a chill pill dude.

As much as buggybill and I have jousted, I hate to jump in and side with him, but for the new kid on the block, you're coming across as a pretty arrogant poster. I've been on the net for a while, and, particularly in sports forums, 'end thread' tends to mean "I'm right, you're wrong, there's nothing else to discuss, so shut up and go away" - same sort of reply as 'game, set, match', 'case closed', game over', et. al. If you think a position is so far out as to not deserve consideration or discussion, when others are considering and discussing it, feel free to stay quiet.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Take a chill pill dude.

You probably are new here jrock, but Buggy is a "Moderator"......One of the things he is in charge of is trying to diffuse a situation before it becomes so bad and contemptuous it needs to be shut down, along with the thread.

So telling him to "take a chill pill dude", when he is doing his job as moderator, is not doing you or the situation any good......IMO :coffee:

I

As much as buggybill and I have jousted, I hate to jump in and side with him, but for the new kid on the block, you're coming across as a pretty arrogant poster. I've been on the net for a while, and, particularly in sports forums, 'end thread' tends to mean "I'm right, you're wrong, there's nothing else to discuss, so shut up and go away" - same sort of reply as 'game, set, match', 'case closed', game over', et. al. If you think a position is so far out as to not deserve consideration or discussion, when others are considering and discussing it, feel free to stay quiet.

I`m not sure if I`m complimented or offended by your comments about Buggybill there HE. :roflmao:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Last edited:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Jrock has been officially warned. The ban hammer is just about to fall. We will not tolerate this kind of behavior on the forums because it doesn't contribute to healthy discussion.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jrock has been officially warned. The ban hammer is just about to fall. We will not tolerate this kind of behavior on the forums because it doesn't contribute to healthy discussion.
So, basically im allowed to be attacked for no reason by everyone here and im supposed to just smile and say thanks?

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C'mon, fellas. Don't be so harsh with net for asking a thought provoking question. The circumstance that net presented to start this post are plausible when it is all distilled down to this:

If you were the GM and you had two QBs - one who was considered by most, if not all, experts to be a certain HOFer, and one up-and-coming QB who has strung together two or three outstanding pre seasons in a row and is much younger - under what conditions would you consider trading the incumbent? What's your "I don't want to trade him" price for either player?

It's just a hypothetical scenario, not a sacrilege. But it could become closer to reality with two big "ifs": Rodgers strings together two or three years of injuries and/or sub-par play (for him), and Hundley has played consistently better over the same period of time.

If you guys trade Aaron Rodgers, you're FIRED. LOL

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, basically im allowed to be attacked for no reason by everyone here and im supposed to just smile and say thanks?

As was noted above, taking on a mod is probably not the best method to get your point across. Take a chill pill, count to a million, and try again. :)

D

Deleted member 6794

Once again, as long as Rodgers situation doesn´t turn into another Favre saga I wouldn´t trade him for any offer.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup.....I'm ready for another round of the 70's, 80's and 1/2 of the 90's of mediocrity and substandard QB play.....lets trade Rodgers, Fire TT, Fire MM, Fire Capers. Oh and while we are at it....build a new stadium! :coffee:

Only way you "ditch" AR IMO, is when he gets to his "Manning Years" and Hundley or whoever is waiting to take over and do a competent job is ready. I don't care if we were offered JJ Watt and 3 future 1st rounders.

Yup so long as he can gun that football in there and chuck it downfield at full force, he should not and will not go anywhere. 1 bad year, esp one where there was a lot of other junk happening around him, doesn't mean he's at a point where it's time to move on. If he returns to form next year, which I think he will, I'd extend his contract a few years. Favre was not traded out until he was 38, going on 39 for that year, and yes he loved Green Bay but he did want out at that point. I think unless Rodgers has become to riddled with bad play in the years leading up to that age, keep him until he hits those twighlight years at least, evaluate him then and see how he's doing.

Like others have said, you are not going to get an elite QB like that, let alone a franchise one just coming out of nowhere, so I say let's keep the one we got here as long as possible because once his time is over, we're not likely to have another one for quite some time.

Members online

Latest posts