1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

An Extra Week of Football

Discussion in 'NFL Discussions' started by PackFanInSC, Apr 27, 2007.

1. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

According to NFL Total Access....

The Commisioner is considering adding another week of regular season play to allow one week's games to be played overseas each season. To get the extra week, the plan would start the season a week earlier and drop one preseason game.

I like the idea but would be concerned about the injuries -- since most players of value sit out most of that final pre-season game.

I guess a 17 week season would eliminate the log-jam of 8-8 teams.

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Yup.......then we would have a logjam of 9-8 teams!LOLOL!!! :rotflmao:

I don't think they will do it though. I don't think the players would like another "real" game. But i could be wrong.

3. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

It would be great to drop one of the preseason games. Four seems to be too many, IMO, so I could go for this.

4. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

3 Pre season games and a 17 game season does sound gd cause ill see more NFL on Sky Sports :D

5. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Good! They need to drop a preseason game more than they need to add a regular season game. But, it's still 20 games either way.