Amish Mock draft v2 update 2/27

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Way to early. But bored the other day in hospital. (Waiting for someone - all is good)

Resign:
Beluga - having a great year. Would not tie up much money on him - and maybe some team throws stupid money at him - but I think his injury history keeps teams at bay. We get him on a reasonable offer and he wants to stay a Packer. I think we get him back for less than one would think

Let go
Graham - huge disappointment. Thought he would be much better. These big guys sometimes have difficulties - its a lot of stress on those knees. Stick a fork in him - he is done.

Martinez - I give him a more than reasonable offer. I worry some team will be confused by his stats and throw cash at him. I think he is good, but not elite.

Lewis - we just need more out of a TE

FA Signings
Under the Gute regime, there are lots of possibilities that may happen. I expect a few signings just because Gute had so much success at it the first time around, he has to think it's easy.

Corey Littleton ILB LAR I think Littleton has the benefit of playing on a talented defensive roster, but I think he is a good player in his own right. I think he will be a good impact. ZSmith did not test well as an athlete, but he sure looks like one on the field when playing. Littleton is the same way.

Nick Kwiatkoski ILB - I think the Bears will really go after resigning him. However, with 70% of their salary cap going to Mack, they lose Kwiatkoski. Another young player who just emerged this season. We did it this past offseason with 2 FA OLBs, why not 2 FA ILBs this season? Not sure how much 2 ILB formations we used this season, but that may be more of a function of not having 2 good ILBs. Anyway, Nick is very active and seems to enjoy collisions. He saw firsthand how good the Packer defense is and knows he has a much better shot at success with the Packers.

TE Hunter Henry - takes too long to develop a TE. We splurge and grab a young player who is still ascending. Pay him too much but it is a necessity. I think Tonyan and Sternberger will both be good reliable targets. Need another, more reliable guy for now.

DRAFT

1.32 Trade back 1.32, 6th, and 3-7ths for 2.08 and 3.08.

2.08. Jalen Reagor WR - Although I don't think WR is a huge need like most, I have been pushing for the dynamic smaller guy for the last 4 years now. Reagor is a speed demon that will add to the dynamic attack. He has great return skills and that would be his primary role here to start with. As a WR, Jalen isn't entirely known. He had poor QB play. He got open deep frequently, but his stats don't show it. Due to the number of quality WRs available, Reagor is available late here with teams knowing they can get a good one in the 2nd. I like Reagor more than some of the others in the last few years: Parris, Hardman, seems like another 1 or 2. They went in 2nd or 3rd. Reagor is different because I believe he can be a very good WR whereas the others are more of just threats. Forgot about Hollywood. He is a lot like the Ravens pick.

2.32 Trey Smith OT/G - Flexible guy can probably play wherever we might need him. Drops because of health issue - blood clots on the legs which cost him a bunch of games. He is getting back into shape by the end of the season. I think he will make a full recovery. Sans the injury, he probably goes in the late first.

3.08 Troy Pride CB - ND Very fast CB. Relies on that too much for the pros. There are about 10 CBs that are at his level that will start dropping off in the mid 2nd. At least one of them should be available here, its Troy because of the gamble. He seems to have some solid fundamental coverage skills, but doesn't always follow them, because he knows he can make up ground quickly. I'm betting that he works on his game and becomes very good. Not a huge need, but you always can use a good CB.

3.32 Jordan Love QB - Utah State - Strong athletic and accurate. All the tools are there. Needs to sit for 2 years at least and learn about the finer points. Understand the offense better and feel things. Needs to check some boxes - like aptitude before this trigger is pulled. Maybe he just doesn't have the mental capacity. Needs to be thinking one step ahead of the defense. Learning under Rodgers may help him immensely.

4.32 Jordan Elliott DE - Big athletic guy. Good skill set. Got better every year, and I can easily see him getting better for another few years and becoming impactful, but providing decent depth in the meantime. I keep expecting Monty Adams to take a step and be that guy, but I did not see him take a step this year. I thought he was about to break out based on his performance late last season.

5.32 Matt Bushman TE BYU - Nothing too exciting. Is good at catching and blocking. Will never be a star, but should be a solid all around reliable player. Not a great year for TEs.

6. Trade

6.32 Matt Peart OT/G Connecticut - Good frame to add about 15 lbs of muscle he will need at the next level. Plays with excellent skills but is a guard. Didn't really have the competition to properly gage him. Fear he will do great at the senior bowl and will be taken much higher than this. But he is a good 2 years off in adding strength and skills necessary to play in the NFL.

7. Trade
7. Trade
7. Trade
In a draft this rich in WRs, I like the idea of trading back and getting extra picks. And if you’re right and Reagor is there at 2.08 that would be a great value pick.

Contrary to popular opinion, I think using a later pick on a QB is a good idea. And if Love is there at 3.32 that’s also great value. Even if they don’t keep him, he provides much needed competition at BU QB, and let’s face it, GB’s BU QB position is nearly non-existent. And if he does pan out. He could be great trade bait in a year or two. IMO, it’s too early to start thinking about #12’s replacement.

My only reservation is if Reagor is still available early round 2. Most mocks I’ve seen have him going much earlier. But who knows this year.

I’ve been stuck on taking Tee Higgins at #30. But he might slide back to early round 2 as well, providing better value.

Nice analysis Amish!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like this, especially if Love falls that far.

Would rather sign Schobert than Kwiatowski. Think we need to Target ILB in draft. Really like Reagor. I'd say we do need WR help in a big way.
Hey
Like this, especially if Love falls that far.

Would rather sign Schobert than Kwiatowski. Think we need to Target ILB in draft. Really like Reagor. I'd say we do need WR help in a big way.
Love would be a steal in rd 3.