Alliance of American Football

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joel Bouagnon is having himself a game with Salt Lake. He was my dark horse to make the team- Bouanon is just too slow but hes a grinder with some moves.

Carl Bradford's college tape was great.. too bad couldnt harness it in the nfl - poor coaching decision with packers staff starting him as an EDGE late transition into ILB.

Greer Martini got himself an INT- we could still use him on special teams lol but I like James Crawford more.

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
didn't he play defensive end/OLB in college?
Bradford? Yeah he played a DE/OLB hybrid position. Short arms and poor rush technique (all he did in college was bull rush) landed him on practice squad.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
LOL....was just about to post this, when I saw the League has stopped for now.....maybe these players start getting snapped up now?

While I haven't watched an AAF game yet, is sounds like there are some interesting prospects that will have a legit shot in the NFL.

From what I can gather, AAF players cannot sign with an NFL team until after the AAF Championship game, which is on the last day of the NFL Draft (April 27th).

With that in mind, not only will we have the Draft and the UDFA period to keep an eye on, we may be seeing guys from the AAF being signed by the Packers on that day.

Guys currently in the AAF to keep an eye on:
  • DeMarquis Gates, ILB
  • Garrett Gilbert, QB
  • Rashad Ross, WR
  • Nick Rose, K
  • Jamar Summers, CB
  • Damontre Moore, DL
  • Shaan Washington, LB
  • Jalin Marshall, WR
  • J.C. Hassenauer, C
  • Trenton Thompson, DL
  • Karter Schult, DL
  • Greg Ward JR., WR
  • John Wolford, QB
  • Luis Perez, QB
  • Keith Reaser, CB
  • Terence Garvin. LB

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL....was just about to post this, when I saw the League has stopped for now.....maybe these players start getting snapped up now?

While I haven't watched an AAF game yet, is sounds like there are some interesting prospects that will have a legit shot in the NFL.

From what I can gather, AAF players cannot sign with an NFL team until after the AAF Championship game, which is on the last day of the NFL Draft (April 27th).

With that in mind, not only will we have the Draft and the UDFA period to keep an eye on, we may be seeing guys from the AAF being signed by the Packers on that day.

Guys currently in the AAF to keep an eye on:
  • DeMarquis Gates, ILB
  • Garrett Gilbert, QB
  • Rashad Ross, WR
  • Nick Rose, K
  • Jamar Summers, CB
  • Damontre Moore, DL
  • Shaan Washington, LB
  • Jalin Marshall, WR
  • J.C. Hassenauer, C
  • Trenton Thompson, DL
  • Karter Schult, DL
  • Greg Ward JR., WR
  • John Wolford, QB
  • Luis Perez, QB
  • Keith Reaser, CB
  • Terence Garvin. LB

The AAF had some quality players and their level of play was not bad at all. Offensive linemens however did not look great on all team. They're definitely some skill position players that can definitely play in the league. Hope the guys get paid at least.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it was just marketing, it sounds like it was doomed from the get go.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/04/alliance-of-american-football-fail

I like how they tried to say the ratings were not that bad at first. I don't think there will ever be a legit football league that succeeds with direct involvement by the NFL and money from the owners and i'm not sure the owners would want to give up the money to make it work. I just don't see any incentive for them to do so.

I don't see XFL 2.0 lasting either. That is if it even gets off the ground.

When varying levels of less talented players play other levels of less talented players some are going to look better than others but in the end they are still less talented players. I'm sure some will make NFL squads but if more than a handful ever turn out to be anything more than just bodies I will be surprised.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL owners will never pay for a development league, they have College football for that. Though if they start paying athletes and all sorts of other things that seem to be bubbling under the surface there is a lot that could change about all of this. But for now college is their developmental league and it costs them nothing.

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With what money? ;)

I doubt any of them get paid money, unless somehow it was guaranteed in their contract, which given the level of play, I doubt existed.
Youre right.. some players have came out and said theyre even forced to pay for their own hotels.. currently they have to buy their own flight home too.. damn..

D

Deleted member 6794

I doubt any of them get paid money, unless somehow it was guaranteed in their contract, which given the level of play, I doubt existed.

AAF players received three-year, non-guaranteed $250K contracts. I have no idea if they have received any money so far though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts