Alliance of American Football

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What y'all think about this? There seems to be some young solid players and NFL coaches coaching. Any players you liked that disappear but now appeared on the rosters?
Basically taking over the "offseason" football, rules are similar to NFL but no kickoffs. First game this Saturday. Some people see it as like a G-League or developmental league. Complimentary league to the NFL.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

https://aaf.com/

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ut-in-an-ever-growing-pro-football-landscape/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliance_of_American_Football

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Hasn't this idea been tried like.......several times? I hope they don't have the guy doing the YouTube video as their head media promoter, I almost fell asleep. :sleep:

I may stick to this other interesting football league.

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hasn't this idea been tried like.......several times? I hope they don't have the guy doing the YouTube video as their head media promoter, I almost fell asleep. :sleep:

I understand the business side of it. Having it as a compliment to NFL will help it out. Hope they learn from XFL

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I guess out of the 8 teams in the AAF, the one to "follow" would be The Salt Lake Stallions, since The Stallions' assigned area, which designates player rights, includes the Packers. The only name I recognize on their roster is Greer Martini, ILB. Martini was an UDFA and spent some time on the Packers PS before being cut in October.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I understand the business side of it. Having it as a compliment to NFL will help it out. Hope they learn from XFL

I will be honest, I haven't followed the business side of any of these "other" leagues, they all just seem to fail. I love the idea and the concept of the Packers having a "farm team", but I am not holding my breath that it will happen successfully with the AAF or anytime soon.

XFL, USFL, NFL Europe, WLAF, Arena FL, IFL, IPFL, PIFL, PSFL, UFL, WFL, FXFL,

I probably missed a few. Seems like The Canadian Football league is about the only ongoing success.

FrozenTakesInGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m pretty pumped from the Salt Lake Stallions to kick off. Espically when considering how the Packer season went. I plan on even buying some Merch. They have seven guys on their team that I think are NFL players after they ball out. Josh Woodrum, Joel Bouagnon, Branden Oliver, Adonis Jennings, Austin Davis, Chris Odom, and Greer Martini. I’m buddies with a guy that moved out to Salt Lake City to work for them.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

Holy schmolie.... love the music that goes with this video... LMAO

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
OK.....who and the F*CK took away the ratings??

There are way more things to do about a post than "like it". :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes::alien::barefoot::cautious::coffee::cry::devilish::geek::giggle::inlove::laugh::notworthy::poop::roflmao::sick::sleep::sneaky::speechless::tdown::tup::unsure::whistling::x3::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first two games yesterday was GREAT. QB got LIT UP (A call that would've been penalized in the NFL). No im not talking XFL :poop::poop: . Close to 3 million people tuned in. Wish I lived in some of these cities to go to at least one of them. Heard the tickets were cheap too.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it on a normal channel? I have spectrum but some are locked for me in my package

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first two games yesterday was GREAT. QB got LIT UP (A call that would've been penalized in the NFL). No im not talking XFL :poop::poop: . Close to 3 million people tuned in. Wish I lived in some of these cities to go to at least one of them. Heard the tickets were cheap too.
I saw that, San Antonio and someone? Mike Martz was the other coach. That game? He got freaking rocked. Don't see those anymore in the NFL. I only saw bits and pieces

It was on CBS here Longtime

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously the QB and OL play wasn't great, but it was fun!

Letting QB's get hit, the faster pace, the transparency with the replay booth, and everybody going for 2 were all good things.

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw bunch of EX-NFL and ex-D1 football players names that I recognized. Great to see them play again. I do hope more people tune in to give it that "12" man feeling but then the tickets will be ^^^^^

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have fully enjoyed it. Great to see the desire and heart of guys with only the longest of shots to make it back or to the NFL out to prove themselves or keep playing a game they play better than the majority of the entire US (except the NFL).

Ladarius Gunter, Jayrone Elliott, Charles Johnson, Carl Bradford, Greer Martini, Beniquez Brown, Rajion Neal, Marquise Williams, Jordan McCray...all come to mind as ex-Packers that are on a roster somewhere in the AAF. Few of these fellas many of us saw as dark horses for GB to contribute, some even started at a time or two (first 3 or 4 if memory serves). Beniquez was my darkhorse to be a poor man's Desmond Bishop but didn't pan out.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay has quite a few ex players on teams like one of the most if I rmbr correctly most notable to me was jayrone elliott

Members online

Latest posts