All Sitton & Lang & OL threads merged

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, in your opinion. The facts of jeff saturday put plenty on my side of the table. Ignore them as you wish, people like you usually do.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

So because Jeff Saturday came here on a very short low risk contract, started 14 games and didn't work out, it means we should have ponied up and paid 24M and 13M guaranteed to our 31 year old center who has been terrible since then? Even though we've had great center play since then, much better than Wells?

You do see how flawed this argument is, right? Its clear that you really didn't know when you made the initial comment about Wells how bad he has been since then. So now instead of just admitting you were wrong, you're trying to weirdly cling to us giving Saturday a few million back in 2012 to justify your argument, even though that obviously changes nothing about what a bad signing the same deal would have been to Wells for us.

Just stop being stubborn and admit you're wrong man, it's all right. Happens to everyone.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Again, in your opinion. The facts of jeff saturday put plenty on my side of the table. Ignore them as you wish, people like you usually do.
Complaining about losing Scott Wells for the price he got is foolish. And BTW, as Half Empty posted, people like you come across as arrogant.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Complaining about losing Scott Wells for the price he got is foolish. And BTW, as Half Empty posted, people like you come across as arrogant.

No one would dispute it if he simply said 'The Jeff Saturday contract didn't really work out for us.'

The problem is when you're so stubborn and intent on sticking by your original assertion that you're willing to roll with a line of logic like 'The Jeff Saturday contract didn't really work out for us. What we SHOULD have done is keep Scott Wells on an even worse contract.'

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Might want to tone it back champ.

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
As surprises go, this one isn’t quite Sam Bradford getting traded, but it’s still an eye-opener. According to Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com, the Packers are going to release guard Josh Sitton if they can’t trade him in the next hour and change before the deadline. The three-time All-Pro is 30 years old and was entering…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't see this coming! I understand the WHY....but, he's our Best O-lineman so, pretty bizarre. Who steps in here at Guard?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is really weird. Best lineman on the team...Thompson putting a LOT on the line with this decision. Lose depth on the online, team's best olineman, new center and the interior of the online being weak would be terrible for Rodgers. Curious as to why team released him.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't see this coming!
I did:
Or cut Lang and resign Sitton before the season to 4 yr w/ $12m signing bonus $18-20m total to really realize cap savings. Or go the other way. At this point they're almost interchangeable.
But I also hedged it.
Lang and Sitton were brought up to show how asinine the concept of cutting Peppers for cap room really was. I mean we are a long way from reloading let alone rebuilding or blowing it up and starting over.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Queens brought in Alex Boone and have Brandon Fusco already. If Sitton goes within the division Chicago might be the more likely destination. Payback for Julius Peppers?
Yeah but nothing's ever stopped Rick Speilman from signing an ex Packer.

Update: Bears just signed Kyle Long to a 4 year extension.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts