All Sitton & Lang & OL threads merged

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, the Packers will move to lock up Bak early, and take a 'wait and see a approach towards Sitton and Lang.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we should keep ALL of our O'linemen. they were injured this year but I still think they are one of the best O'lines in the NFL!!

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only would cutting those man make the starting line instantly A LOT worse, we'd lose the top tackle back up.

We all saw what happened with any back up other than Tretter was out there and it wasn't good.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we're going to cut someone because their production and impact is eclipsed by their pay, it's certainly not going to be the guards...

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we should keep ALL of our O'linemen. they were injured this year but I still think they are one of the best O'lines in the NFL!!
Eh, I see this group as being very overrated. They're not physically dominant enough to be considered one of the best. Yeah they go through stretches where they play great as a unit but... There's a big difference between playing great and actually being great. This is a unit that relies heavily on timing, chemistry and rhythm. Hey either all look good or they look flat out awful together. None of them are good enough to have an individual performance stand on its own. With the way this unit plays, I'll never be able to consider them as a top oline.

D

Deleted member 6794

So, Sitton and Lang are two of the best in the business? Why can't the Packers convert on 3rd-and-1 or 4th-and-1? Why were the Packers near the bottom of the entire NFL in those situations in 2015? If the guards are elite as you say, shouldn't we a least be able to get a one-yard run when we need one?

Sitton used to be "great", but, not anymore. Time to stop living in the past. Take a look at the 2014 & 2015 seasons and you see a team that cannot run up the middle behind the guards in short yardage with the game on the line.

Replying to Pokerbrat2000, this is not to simply save cap room. I am asserting that it is a misallocation of funds in a capped system to be paying guards in the top ten of the payroll. Funds need to be allocated to other areas like ILB and TE, as indicated in the OP. Also, Rodgers was sacked 49 times in 2015, he already has to "run for his life all season", so what exactly are they getting out of Sitton and Lang?

Smart teams put the big money in OT's, and you fill in at your guard position with whatever cap room is left. NE, DEN, SEA have all been going to Super Bowls doing that, the Packers not so much with their wonderful guards.

There's more to the performance by the offensive line than short yardage runs. The most important assignment for an OL with the Packers is to protect Rodgers and both Sitton (9 pressures allowed playing LG) and Lang (four sacks allowed over the last three seasons) are doing a marvelous job of it.

It's true that the entire OL has to do a better job in run blocking but suggesting to cut the best two players on the unit because of it is ridiculous.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[QUOTE="captainWIMM, post: 651460, member: 6794" Sitton (9 pressures allowed playing LG) and Lang (four sacks allowed over the last three seasons) are doing a marvelous job of it.[/QUOTE]

But have you seen JC Tretter and Lane Taylor play???

And please Captain, stop bringing logic to the table.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I agree for the most part. But even in fantasy football, would you trade LeVeon Bell and Randall Cobb for a D/ST and the #10 TE drafted?
I respectably decline to answer on the grounds that I don't play fantasy football. :laugh:

As much as we all love Stats, there is so much more when analyzing how a player would do if they were on another team. I think this is one thing TT looks at long and hard...."How will this guy fit into the City of GB and our system?" Although there seemed to be a slight crack in it this year, team chemistry has always played an important role with successful Packer teams.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eh, I see this group as being very overrated. They're not physically dominant enough to be considered one of the best. Yeah they go through stretches where they play great as a unit but... There's a big difference between playing great and actually being great. This is a unit that relies heavily on timing, chemistry and rhythm. Hey either all look good or they look flat out awful together. None of them are good enough to have an individual performance stand on its own. With the way this unit plays, I'll never be able to consider them as a top oline.
Are you a Packer fan??

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Y

Yep im a fan, just not a blind homer.

My Uncle Homer is blind and he might take offense to that!

Maybe instead of injecting your negativity and personal jabs to the discussion you can channel some positive energy or at least inject rationale thoughts to threads?

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, that quickly, I have to be in the position of defending jrock? If you don't want someone to throw out the other side of the argument, there's always Ignore. If you want a forum where anything negative is grounds for dismissal, I can give you one. For future reference, do we look to you for the rational thoughts?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No problem with that - different strokes. Just asking that those of us with our eyes open are allowed to present another viewpoint.

Members online

Latest posts