ALL Ndamukong Suh FA discussion

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ask the Broncos how big name free agent signings guarantee a Super Bowl win.
After the signing of big-name #1, Manning, the rest were aimed at winning while Peyton could still do it. He can't, and that's what (OK, a large part of what) blew them out of the water.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
'Big name' free agency isn't a guarantee of success, nor is it a guarantee of failure. It's not an either/or proposition.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I pretty much guarantees you'll be spending a lot of money if nothing else. :)

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ask the Broncos how big name free agent signings guarantee a Super Bowl win.
Duh! There is no guarantee of a SB no matter how any team is built.

Just saying that there is a lot of "holier-than-thou" comments in regards to signing Suh. Same folks would sing TT praises if he ever signed Suh. I personally agree with the philosophy of signing our own and a cautious approach to FA. But then again, what would I know as I have never been a GM?!! :D

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duh! There is no guarantee of a SB no matter how any team is built.

Just saying that there is a lot of "holier-than-thou" comments in regards to signing Suh. Same folks would sing TT praises if he ever signed Suh. I personally agree with the philosophy of signing our own and a cautious approach to FA. But then again, what would I know as I have never been a GM?!! :D

Well considering Suh is probably the player In the Packers locker room that they hate most in the league. And no I dont think it would turn into respect in the locker room if he were signed here.

I could do without reading an article come preseason about how Sitton an Lang keep getting into fist fights with him everyday and he has no interection with his teamates cause nobody wants to be near him.

Thats just me though. If u truly dont think every player in our locker room thinks he's a ****** then go ahead sign him

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats just me though. If u truly dont think every player in our locker room thinks he's a ****** then go ahead sign him
I won't even begin to speculate what the locker room thinks or what TT has in mind for FA signing!

All that I am doing is pointing out is the hypocrisy of "not" considering that Suh would be legitimate upgrade to our defense. Talent-wise, who wouldn't want someone like him on the line? Overall NFL citizen, teammate? Not so much!! I, too, have seen his escapades and am not a fan but I am also in no position to judge him off the field as I do not know him personally.

I live too close to the MN border and remember all of the MN fans who "hated" BF and would never have considered him as a Viking. As soon as he was one of their own, he became the best thing since sliced bread! I also remember an infamous backup of BF's by the name of Jim McMahon who signed with the GBP!

Never sign Suh? Never say never...:eek:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One point...would Suh still be same dirty player on the field if he wasn't playing for the Lions? I don't mean that the Lions are inherently a dirty team, just that Suh didn't really have the best coaching when he entered the NFL. People are assuming that Suh would still be a dirty player if he came to Green Bay. I happen to think he'd probably act quite a bit differently if he was a Packer.

That being said, I would optimistically say there is a 0.00% that Suh is a Packer next year. Realistically, the chance is closer to 0.0000%

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One point...would Suh still be same dirty player on the field if he wasn't playing for the Lions? I don't mean that the Lions are inherently a dirty team, just that Suh didn't really have the best coaching when he entered the NFL. People are assuming that Suh would still be a dirty player if he came to Green Bay. I happen to think he'd probably act quite a bit differently if he was a Packer.

That being said, I would optimistically say there is a 0.00% that Suh is a Packer next year. Realistically, the chance is closer to 0.0000%

he was dirty as a cornhusker too. he's always seemed to have anger and control issues, and i don't think a little green bay sharp cheddar, great as it may be, would calm that man.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell of a player and to sign him we'd have to enter a bidding war with Jerry Jones... not gunna happen.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fucc NO excuse my french. He's a good player but he done to many foul things to the packers organization. That would be a slap in the face. Its more then business on this aspect

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Hell of a player and to sign him we'd have to enter a bidding war with Jerry Jones... not gunna happen.
Agreed and IMO you don't have to go any farther in the analysis than this. If Thompson won a bidding war for Suh the first thing I'd think is, 'Is Ted having a nervous breakdown?' Then, 'Who of Bulaga, Cobb, Williams, House, etc. is not returning?' Then, 'Who can't they keep going forward?' Then I may worry about the locker room.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's talk the Pats may let Vince Wilfork go. I'd sign him in a heartbeat and forget about Raji or Guion. Then pick up a whale late in the draft. Suh wants to play for Seattle. And that classless outfit would be a perfect fit for him.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's talk the Pats may let Vince Wilfork go. I'd sign him in a heartbeat and forget about Raji or Guion. Then pick up a whale late in the draft. Suh wants to play for Seattle. And that classless outfit would be a perfect fit for him.

I've heard this too. How in gods name could they afford to do it though? I know they have money and will even after signing their guys but $20M per year money? He can want to play for them all he wants but the math just doesn't work out. I always say you can wish in one hand and $#!t in the other and see what fills up first.

And FWIW I love the idea of Wilfork

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Vince wilfork is not what the packers need. An expensive DT far after his prime. If were going to spend money on a NT in free agency we sign someone we can use like Terrance knighton

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Several media outlets are reporting that Suh has expressed a desire to play for the Seahawks. If the shoe fits...

Would be very interesting to see if the Seahawks could even swing that. Russell Wilson's huge payday looms.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pats are masters of letting a player go just before his decline. Never sign an aging Pats free agent..there should be a sign or something that says that in every NFL GM's office.

D

Deleted member 6794

And Marshawn Lynch, And Bobby Wagner, and Bruce Irvin, and Russell Okung.

Lynch already counts $8.5 million towards the Seahawks cap in 2015, a long term extension for him could even increase their cap space for next season. Same with Okung at $7.28 million.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynch already counts $8.5 million towards the Seahawks cap in 2015, a long term extension for him could even increase their cap space for next season. Same with Okung at $7.28 million.

No I get that but further extending their deals to count against the cap going forward as well. I know they have $ beyond this year but how in the world could they swing all those big $ deals AND give Suh $20M per? It can't be possible can it?

D

Deleted member 6794

No I get that but further extending their deals to count against the cap going forward as well. I know they have $ beyond this year but how in the world could they swing all those big $ deals AND give Suh $20M per? It can't be possible can it?

Suh would have to take a huge discount for the Seahawks to be able to sign him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts