ALL Ndamukong Suh FA discussion

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Marshawn Lynch, And Bobby Wagner, and Bruce Irvin, and Russell Okung.

They're not extending Lynch for big dollars. Lynch is an older power back who has a ton of carries to his name. Early reports were that Seattle might pay him $10m for next season on a one-year deal but he turned it down. If the Seahawks have to make a choice between Suh or Lacy, I'm fairly certain they'll show Lynch the door.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're not extending Lynch for big dollars. Lynch is an older power back who has a ton of carries to his name. Early reports were that Seattle might pay him $10m for next season on a one-year deal but he turned it down. If the Seahawks have to make a choice between Suh or Lacy, I'm fairly certain they'll show Lynch the door.

Do you see any signs of him slowing down because I don't.

And if they aren't willing to pony up someone will so I guess they'll have to decide that internally but he's going to get paid somewhere you can bank on that.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Oh the beauty of the Salary Cap! This is why I follow Football and no longer follow Baseball. Keeps everyone on somewhat of an even playing field. Seattle and teams that find success through what once were "cheap" players find out they can't keep them all. I can't see the SeaSchmucks letting Lynch walk, even at $10-15 M. He is almost their entire offense....unless they choose to pass on 2nd and 1/2 yard every play :whistling:.

I agree with Ace, he isn't slowing down and if Seattle doesn't want him, there are at least 15 other teams that will gladly pay him that kind of money.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you see any signs of him slowing down because I don't.

And if they aren't willing to pony up someone will so I guess they'll have to decide that internally but he's going to get paid somewhere you can bank on that.

Who cares if another team pays him. Another team signing him doesn't affect Seattle's ability to sign Suh.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who cares if another team pays him. Another team signing him doesn't affect Seattle's ability to sign Suh.

Ok, Let's hypothetically say they don't extend Lynch, which I fully expect them to do assuming he doesn't retire, signing Suh is still a pipe dream considering what else they have coming up.

I was simply commenting on your statement about Lynch in general, had nothing to do with signing Suh.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lynch can still dominate games though. Seattle would be dumb to let him go. Hes the whole reason their offense has that physical aura.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynch can still dominate games though. Seattle would be dumb to let him go. Hes the whole reason their offense has that physical aura.

I'm not saying that Lynch suddenly sucks. I'm just saying that older running backs with a ton of carries don't get big contracts in the NFL anymore. Doesn't happen.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Obviously if thats the choice its Suh. However with Suhs pricetag its more Suh or Irvin AND Wagner. Maybe they could still keep one but with Wilsons contract looming I wouldnt bank on it. I say go for it Seahawks. Personel FA pipe dream down the road but id love Wagner in a Packers uniform

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Is this still an argument? TT is about as likely to release Aaron Rodgers than he is to sign Suh.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I cant begin to wrap my head around this if it were to happen. It seems so right, yet so very wrong and improbable at the same time.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw this last night as well. It's not going to happen and let's just leave it at that.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he signed with us, I'd cheer for him. But I will still think he's a moron and I'll always be expecting him to do something stupid and getting suspended. He's a beast, all the ability in the world. Except for AVAILability. Clever, huh?

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To a point, there is no way this would happen, as we would never pay him. I just thought that "wow would this actually be feasible at all?"

Plus he wants 6yr/ $100 million. If TT actually did bring him in, and he said this, I think TT would actually laugh out loud at him like a loon

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be just wonderful to have Suh on this team. Really it would. But not with a 6-year $100 million price tag.

I'm trying to juggle the numbers. Let's suppose they re-sign Cobb and Bulaga. At the very least, signing Suh means getting rid of Hawk and Jones, that's happening anyway, not bringing Peppers back and not resigning TWilliams.

How much would cutting those players contribute to cap savings?

Peppers: $7 mill
Hawk: $3.5 mill
Jones: $3.7 mill

So $14 mill + $24 mill cap space = $38 mill.

Hypothetical scenario: Let's assume Cobb + Bulaga sign for a collective $17 mill. That's 38-17 = $21 mill.

Now if they want to re-sign House and either Guion or Raji, and want to have at least some extra money left over for 2016, I can't see them giving Suh more than $16 mill per year.

$21 mill - $16 mill = $5 mill to sign House, Raji and have anything left over.

JJ Watt is getting $16.6 mill a year. Suh is not worth more than Watt. Watt was an MVP candidate after all, and if Suh and his agent are asking for more than that, then no, sorry.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

It would be just wonderful to have Suh on this team. Really it would. But not with a 6-year $100 million price tag.

I'm trying to juggle the numbers. Let's suppose they re-sign Cobb and Bulaga. At the very least, signing Suh means getting rid of Hawk and Jones, that's happening anyway, not bringing Peppers back and not resigning TWilliams.

How much would cutting those players contribute to cap savings?

Peppers: $7 mill
Hawk: $3.5 mill
Jones: $3.7 mill

So $17 mill + $24 mill cap space = $41 mill.

Hypothetical scenario: Let's assume Cobb + Bulaga sign for a collective $17 mill. That's 41-17 = $24 mill.

Now if they want to re-sign House and either Guion or Raji, and want to have at least some extra money left over for 2016, I can't see them giving Suh more than $16 mill per year.

$24 mill - $16 mill = $8 mill to sign House, Raji and have anything left over.

JJ Watt is getting $16.6 mill a year. Suh is not worth more than Watt. Watt was an MVP candidate after all, and if Suh and his agent are asking for more than that, then no, sorry.

The Packers have to spend some millions on the 2015 draft picks as well. In addition Thompson doesn't want to be close to the cap to be able to roll over some cap space into next season.

You can put this in big letters if you want: THE PACKERS WILL NOT SIGN SUH!!!

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It won't happen due to the gigantic salary Suh is going to command, but I'd welcome him with open arms. He's an exceptional defensive lineman with raw power and speed. Plus I love his mean streak. He's definitely one of those guys you hate when he's playing against you, but love when he's on your team.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Really? People think this is about money? I think the #1 #2 and #3 reasons TT wouldn't even consider Suh are that he is a thug, non team player and a distraction to an already very good team. I'm cancelling the season tickets that I am 40,301 on the list for if he wears the Green and Gold..... :coffee:

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? People think this is about money? I think the #1 #2 and #3 reasons TT wouldn't even consider Suh are that he is a thug, non team player and a distraction to an already very good team. I'm cancelling the season tickets that I am 40,301 on the list for if he wears the Green and Gold..... :coffee:

This is 100% about the money, at least IMO it is. I could care less what kind of a guy he is, my issue is we'll never and shouldnt pony up that kind of cash for him.

And I'm wondering how much of this is true or just talk since signing Suh is about 99.9999999999% not going to happen?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's all about money. Suh is funny to me, and I think his last little antic with the casual stepping on of Rodgers was bush league ********. that said, he doesn't seem like a bad person either other than he's had some mishaps with temper in game situations. Off the field I can see him being a pretty good person actually, but I'm just guessing.

If Suh was signing for 9 million year? I think we'd be first in line to sign him up. It's all about the money. I don't foresee any of the other problems he's had as being problems because he'll be surrounded by a different team and one that is winning. His frustrations will be minimal and he produces at a position we need. BUT, we're not letting House, WIlliams, Bulaga, Cobb walk so we can sign a Suh.

Members online

Latest posts