ALL Ndamukong Suh FA discussion

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? People think this is about money? I think the #1 #2 and #3 reasons TT wouldn't even consider Suh are that he is a thug, non team player and a distraction to an already very good team. I'm cancelling the season tickets that I am 40,301 on the list for if he wears the Green and Gold..... :coffee:

Ted Thompson should absolutely look at bringing in Suh and if he doesn't he should be fired. I'm not saying he will bring him in or that he should bring him in but if he doesn't at least consider it he is not doing his job. His job is to look at any and all players that are available, especially if those players would help the Packers become a better team and no one can say Suh wouldn't make us a better team and be serious.

As for your reasons #1 he is a thug. OK that's a matter of opinion but yes I could agree with that based on his history but it is on the field. As far as I know he is not an off the field problem player like so many that get that all to overused label (Thug)
#2 he is a non team player. Based on what. Would Stafford and Megatron offer to do whatever it takes to resign the guy if he was truly a non-team player. I don't recall reading anything about any lions players being unhappy with him.
#3 he is a distraction- in what way. the media plays him up and the fans go ape crap over it but the Lions don't seem to be letting it bother them.

About the only way I could listen to an argument about the non team player and distraction arguments is that his actions could cost him playing time and that might not sit well with other players on the team but I think that is a big stretch.

Something tells me that if you do cancel you season tickets you would be one of the few and that anyone number 40301 or higher (behind you on the list) wouldn't move up much at all.

Nice to know that you would stand by your convictions though. Tell me, would you quit watching Packer games too? That's what a guy who is truly indignant about it would do.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Something tells me that if you do cancel you season tickets you would be one of the few and that anyone number 40301 or higher (behind you on the list) wouldn't move up much at all.

Nice to know that you would stand by your convictions though. Tell me, would you quit watching Packer games too? That's what a guy who is truly indignant about it would do.

The canceling of tickets was tongue in cheek, but good catch on my posting about Rice as well. Personally, I don't like seeing players like Suh, Rice, etc that have character flaws (on and or off the field) on the team. Nor does the Packer organization if you look at their FA and drafting history. These guys are getting paid a lot of money and are role models for many kids (and adults). Will Rice or Suh be a Packer next season, I seriously doubt it for the reasons I stated as well as yours, money (Suh). Will I take my name off the waiting list or stop watching them? No I bleed green and gold.

PackerXLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To place stock in the idea that Suh would end up a Packer? Peter king seems to think we should pursue him, and now, Lavar Arrington believes Mr. Suh would be best suited in the green and gold.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/02/12/detroit-lions-ndamukong-suh-packers/23287525/

(I'm not stating anything regarding the credibility or validity of Lavar Arrington, just thought it interesting.)

I'm not saying this is anywhere near even discussion level for the organization, but is it? Is this something we could even afford while keeping Cobb and other desired FA's on board. Or is this just the media pumping a little hot steam out to gain some attention, which certainly wouldn't surprise me.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think there is any merit to a conversation about donkey kong suh becoming a Packer. TT doesn't really throw big bucks around in free agency, and Suh is gonna cost a pretty penny.

H

HardRightEdge

Yeah, but I can read, and there's another Suh thread 3 spots down the list from this one at the moment.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only way is if he wants to play in Green Bay more specifically than other markets and will take a discount, which he most likely does not.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reasons are simple, its the time of year when Suh should be a Packer, and Cobb will be a Seahawk and all the other moves that will rile a fan base. There's nothing going on. No combine, no FA, no draft, nothing. So, they can write crazy stuff to get people clicking and talking and watching. They dont ever have to be right, ever. And if they ever are, its just a bonus.

PackerXLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but I can read, and there's another Suh thread 3 spots down the list from this one at the moment.

No, you're an ***, and this makes you feel empowered due to a total lack of self esteem. It's typical, and it's lame. If it makes you feel better, I suppose just take it somewhere else. Just because you're big shot around here with your big posting numbers doesn't mean you have the right to throw the arrogance around. So go away. Thanks.

The only way is if he wants to play in Green Bay more specifically than other markets and will take a discount, which he most likely does not.

Yeah, I suppose that's the best way to look at it. It just seems pretty crazy to think it was ever even brought up, but I suppose it's as Mondio said, more for attention than anything legitimate. Tough to imagine him sporting our colors, can't say it wouldn't be a huge help though. I just don't know if there's a practical way to afford him.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the one word, "no" was actually more than enough. As stated, there are several other threads created specifically for discussing this off-season daydream.

PackerXLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the one word, "no" was actually more than enough. As stated, there are several other threads created specifically for discussing this off-season daydream.

Feed the ego.

Btw, my intent was totally to spam this already overflowing forum with more filler... you know, because it's so overflowing.

H

HardRightEdge

No, you're an ***, and this makes you feel empowered due to a total lack of self esteem. It's typical, and it's lame. If it makes you feel better, I suppose just take it somewhere else. Just because you're big shot around here with your big posting numbers doesn't mean you have the right to throw the arrogance around. So go away. Thanks.

Yeah, I suppose that's the best way to look at it. It just seems pretty crazy to think it was ever even brought up, but I suppose it's as Mondio said, more for attention than anything legitimate. Tough to imagine him sporting our colors, can't say it wouldn't be a huge help though. I just don't know if there's a practical way to afford him.
You just called me an "***" and "lame". That's bad form.

H

HardRightEdge

The entirety of how you conduct yourself on here is honestly bad form. I'm merely stating my observations. If you don't like them, then change.
I believe there are other alternatives. Reading that post was literally a LOL moment.

D

Deleted member 6794

The canceling of tickets was tongue in cheek, but good catch on my posting about Rice as well. Personally, I don't like seeing players like Suh, Rice, etc that have character flaws (on and or off the field) on the team. Nor does the Packer organization if you look at their FA and drafting history.

The Packers brought in Colt Lyerla last offseason, it's really tough to find a lot of other guys in the league with more serious off the field issues.

Suh, while having some on the field incidents since coming into the league, is a great guy off it as far as I know.

The reason Thompson won't sign him is because of the contract he'll demand.

D

Deleted member 6794

To place stock in the idea that Suh would end up a Packer? Peter king seems to think we should pursue him, and now, Lavar Arrington believes Mr. Suh would be best suited in the green and gold.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/02/12/detroit-lions-ndamukong-suh-packers/23287525/

(I'm not stating anything regarding the credibility or validity of Lavar Arrington, just thought it interesting.)

I'm not saying this is anywhere near even discussion level for the organization, but is it? Is this something we could even afford while keeping Cobb and other desired FA's on board. Or is this just the media pumping a little hot steam out to gain some attention, which certainly wouldn't surprise me.

I'm with HRE on this one, so in a word, "No."

BTW it would be nice if you would browse the forum for similar threads before opening a third one about the same topic.

In addition I don't see any reason for name calling here either. If you don't like to hear the only reasonable answer to a pipe dream someone put out there to get some attention then don't ask for it.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You're fairly arrogant around this forum. Pretty condescending, too.

You asked a question and he answered it. While I`m happy to keep the thread open, it wont be allowed to descend into a name calling competition. Thank you gentlemen. Have a nice day :tup:

Last edited by a moderator:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Aw come on, Bill. It's the off-season. Let it descend ... Let it descend ... Let it descend ... come on everyone, join in with me ... :sneaky: ... get off that butt ... put those hands together ...

I'm not big into speculation and/or the usual stuff that fills the forum this time of year ... until August for GAWD'S sake ... :eek: . So, can we have like an entire week where there is nothing BUT name calling and stuff? Just to juice 'er up a weeee bit?? ;)

Pitchers and catchers report soon ... yawwwwn .... :sleep:

Members online

Latest posts