ALL Ndamukong Suh FA discussion

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
On a side note the number 1 reason TT should sign Suh is that for 2 weeks out of the season we won't have to worry that our QB will be intentionally injured by the dirtiest player in the league.

Actually, IMO this is the number one reason (just ahead of $$) that TT and fans would not want Suh in GB "dirtiest player in the league"

Sorry, but this fan really doesn't want to watch the dirtiest player in the league week in and week out wearing Green and Gold.

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't read the posts in this thread yet so I'm going to do that now but am I the only one around here that absolutely doesn't want that piece of **** on our team?? I don't care how good he is, I hate him and he's demonstrated himself as a poor sport and unpredictable. Even if we got him for a steal I don't want him on the team.

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of fans say the right thing when it comes to having guys like Suh on their team but if for some reason Suh really wanted to come to Green Bay and told TT that he would come in and play for say 12 million TT would jump at it and 99% of Packers fans would be thrilled.

Now we all know that is not going to happen so its easy to get all morally superior with the character issues when there is essentially zero chance that you will be forced to backtrack. The fact is the vast majority of Packer fans would welcome guys like that with open arms if the price was right.

On a side note the number 1 reason TT should sign Suh is that for 2 weeks out of the season we won't have to worry that our QB will be intentionally injured by the dirtiest player in the league.

I honestly believe you are talking out of your ***. How do you KNOW what 99% of fans really feel? I'll tell you this, I don't want that guy on the team. And even if he came here for $2 million a year, I wouldn't want him on the team. I'm guessing a bunch of other fans who don't want him would stick to their guns and feel the same way and in no way would want him on their team. So there goes that absurd 99% figure you just randomly conjured up in your head

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly believe you are talking out of your ***. How do you KNOW what 99% of fans really feel? I'll tell you this, I don't want that guy on the team. And even if he came here for $2 million a year, I wouldn't want him on the team. I'm guessing a bunch of other fans who don't want him would stick to their guns and feel the same way and in no way would want him on their team. So there goes that absurd 99% figure you just randomly conjured up in your head

So, his guess is absurd and your guess is more accurate?
Here's the best bet of all; understanding human nature. I'd guess quite a lot of people who say they don't want Suh would be real happy to have on their team, and happier still with the upgrade he'd bring to their teams title hopes.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pack can't afford Suh so it's just a moot point. He isn't going to be a Packer! Cap space needs to be used to sign Cobb and then Bulaga!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From an on the field perspective only, I am in the group that doesn't know where he would fit on our defense

I hate the idea of signing him to that big of a contract, but that being said I don't think he would get lazy when he gets another big contract

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peter King isn't exactly a brilliant football mind.

If we go the FA route, which I think we should do for a NT, we should look at Dan Williams of the Cards. 6' 2" 335 lbs. not to fancy and didn't play a lot of snaps. So this is a bit of a projection, but I think he can be good.

We got screwed at the NT position. The Raji injury and the Guion stupidity has suddenly left us depleted at the position. The NT position is definately a position you normally want to draft and develop. The NT is a position that takes a great deal of physical abuse. A young pup out of college is not going to be able to stand up.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The crazy thing is that from all accounts he is one heckuva guy off the field. He has donated 2.6 million to the U of Nebraska and that's only what has been reported publicly. The problem is on the field he is a gaping A-Hole and there is zero chance Teddy would sign this dude. He can be a monster for sure but when you combine his salary, on-field transgressions and personal history with some of our guys it just doesn't add up. Suh is what I call the anti-Packer player and I would hate having to pull for him on Sunday's. Next

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, his guess is absurd and your guess is more accurate?
Here's the best bet of all; understanding human nature. I'd guess quite a lot of people who say they don't want Suh would be real happy to have on their team, and happier still with the upgrade he'd bring to their teams title hopes.

He is simply guessing whereas I have first hand knowledge. Myself. I'm one of those fans that doesn't want a piece of crap like Suh on the team I don't care how good he is. And nothing he says or the Packers do or you say will make me change that. From another website I visit talking about football topics there are quite a few fans who seem to share my exact sentiments so yes I'd venture to say that many of them hold true to their feelings. This guy seems to think that we are just trying to look cool by saying we don't want him when really we do?? Absurd. I don't want him. Many other people don't either. And how do you fabricate a figure (99%) out of thin air?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
He is simply guessing whereas I have first hand knowledge. Myself. I'm one of those fans that doesn't want a piece of crap like Suh on the team I don't care how good he is. And nothing he says or the Packers do or you say will make me change that. From another website I visit talking about football topics there are quite a few fans who seem to share my exact sentiments so yes I'd venture to say that many of them hold true to their feelings. This guy seems to think that we are just trying to look cool by saying we don't want him when really we do?? Absurd. I don't want him. Many other people don't either. And how do you fabricate a figure (99%) out of thin air?
53.7% of statistics are made up on the spot.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I guess you get to be a 1 percenter in something.

I never said people are saying they don't want him but they really do I am saying that they don't want him but if we did sign him they would welcome him.

Perhaps I did overestimate a little though given that you and a couple of other people on another anonymous internet website (where people can say whatever they want without having to worry about backing it up) have said you don't want him on your team. I'll change my estimate to 98%.

Besides that how many Packer fans are there in the world. That 1 or 2 percent represents a pretty high number and could easily incorporate you and your many friends on those other sites even if they are being genuine. Until you take a poll of every Packer fan you have no way of knowing. Even then it wouldn't matter because my point was not that they don't want him, or claim they don't want him, but that they would welcome him and the only way that could be proven or disproven is if we actually signed him which we won't.

I think you are taking my comments a bit to personally and it makes me wonder.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want him and I could not grow to like him unless he had a complete attitude adjustment. And you could not know that for quite awhile. But I would not mind drafting a wide body after a middle linebacker. I don't have any confidence in rolly polly.

Reaction score
I'm just kind of curious when yourself and other people on this board make comments like this, do you say this because you don't want these type of players on your team or because you foolishly and arrogantly believe that the Packers have not had people that are 5 times worse human beings than Suh on their team?
My mom called me to say "that's a dirty man" this year, in reference to Suh
She doesn't even watch football and I was like what??
But she's always been an excellent judge of character so... Theres. your proof. Moms across America against Suh spension " Lol

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks singing him would be a great move, because this defence needs an attitude, and he could bring it.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks singing him would be a great move, because this defence needs an attitude, and he could bring it.
I agree with needing an attitude - but I am not sure the extra stuff Suh brings with him is worth it. I think there is a 0.002%* chance that TT signs Suh, but there is one benefit - he won't be stomping on Aaron Rodgers anymore.

* Not made up statistic - calculated from a secret proprietary algorythm

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Puuleeaze! Half of the posters here who "hate" the thought of signing Suh, would be raising their mugs of beer toasting a SB 50 win on the day that Suh was signed.

Much as I dislike his on-field antics, the dude would bring instant legitimatecy and a nasty to a defense that at times is sorely lacking!

It is most likely not in TT's DNA to pay big bucks in the first week of FA, so I'm guessing this conversation is a waste of time! Sure would be funny if the GBP somehow landed Suh. The haters would crown TT the most brilliant GM on the planet and would be boarding the Suh bandwagon! LOL!

OP
OP
Carl

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Puuleeaze! Half of the posters here who "hate" the thought of signing Suh, would be raising their mugs of beer toasting a SB 50 win on the day that Suh was signed.

Much as I dislike his on-field antics, the dude would bring instant legitimatecy and a nasty to a defense that at times is sorely lacking!

It is most likely not in TT's DNA to pay big bucks in the first week of FA, so I'm guessing this conversation is a waste of time! Sure would be funny if the GBP somehow landed Suh. The haters would crown TT the most brilliant GM on the planet and would be boarding the Suh bandwagon! LOL!

Ask the Broncos how big name free agent signings guarantee a Super Bowl win.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
So when we sign Suh, do we unretire #92 (since BJ already wears 90) and call him the second coming of Reggie....or do we give him the #0, so he has an even bigger target on his back?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts