Adams Traded to Las Vegas

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At wide receiver, I'm thinking along the lines of a free agent or trade plus a draft pick.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this is confirmed, then as of now, the Packer receiving corps is a pathetic joke. We went from a number one and no number two to....? Presumably "Gutty" has a plan, doesn't he. Who else is out there to be gotten? We need true threats for Rogers to throw to, not a bunch of maybes and so-sos. Whoever said this was a great idea...I'd like to hear more about that.
Adams wanted out. We now have 4 of the first 60 picks in a WR loaded draft. We now have $20 million+ in cap space to obtain players. I heard Rasul Douglas is now about to re-sign with GB. We need to extend Jaire. Now we can do those things. Adams is 30, $28 million/year. Too much. Great player and from what I hear, a good guy, but I like the trade. Maybe Rodger's will discover there is more than 1 receiver on the field.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welp. I guess I would expect us to keep MVS and Tonyan. If they can draft two receivers in this class early and Gute lands on both it’s not so bad.

Problem is Gutey has been downright awful scouting receivers.
Not if MVS costs $10 million. We can spend that money more beneficially elsewhere.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now trade rodgers
Tempting. Think of the draft capital and cap space we'd get in return. Next year's draft is loaded with QB's if Love isn't the answer, which I doubt he is. It would be a lot of fun to see what they'd do with all the Rodgers picks, plus the 1 and 2 we got for Adams, plus all the money.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not if MVS costs $10 million. We can spend that money more beneficially elsewhere.
He aint getting 10M. If he couldnt succeed with Rodgers no team is paying him like that unless its the Jags... or Gutey because he make some dumb deals.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He aint getting 10M. If he couldnt succeed with Rodgers no team is paying him like that unless its the Jags... or Gutey because he make some dumb deals.

I don’t think he gets that much but most likely given this market be close. How did MVS not succeed, the man saw limited passes really and most were DEEP balls hence why he is always in the lead or close for yards per reception.

I’m not paying him to be my #1 but you gotta stop with this crap - dude was a 5th round pick. Go compare that entire draft class. Only he and Gallup if memory serves have done as good as MVS outside like the second round guys.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could see Crowder or Juju...OBJ and Julio are injury concerns.
OBJ realistically may have to sit out next season. He should be off Gutey's radar completely.

Julio you bring in for a workout, see where his head is at. I don't get the sense that his head was in the game last year and he was injured a ton.

Landry is a slot guy isn't he? Why re-sign Cobb to get Landry and have Amari? Nah.

Juju is also the slot guy in Pitts and has struggled when not the #2 or #3 target. I'd like him as a slot but again, we have slot covered.

I think we have to trade for someone now, or trade up in the draft to get a guy. Literally, every team will know we need WR and even if we wait, we'll get leapfrogged by another team wanting a WR who can trade ahead of us.

Maybe send a 7th rounder for Kumerow, Lol.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can sit there and get a really good WR

I don't think you sit there when you get 22 as a win now team. I think you trade up to get a guy who contributes now that you'd never have a chance to get before. You could probably package 22 and a second, preferably our second, for an earlier pick and get one of the best WR prospects in the draft. You just gotta hit if you're moving up.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Third and long; packers trot out Lazard, Cobb, and Cole Beasley to try and get the first. Gonna be exciting!
You mean like when they went 7 and 0 wo Adams?

It's not me trying to pick a fight these are the facts... you're the one that doesn't think it can happen but it has been proven they did 7 times

I don't care who the opps were.. they still went seven o without Adams and teams new Adams wasn't gonna play

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This. Will this be a problem, and if so how much! We'll see how it plays out, but at this moment the team got weaker.
The team got weaker the minute they committed to dumping good players and mortgaging the future to accommodate Rodgers' ego.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Scouts don't just look at box scores. They review game tapes extensively. And the tape shows MVS open a LOT more than Rodgers ever bothered to look his direction.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
All other Adams threads locked

if you dont agree, then copy and paste your comments from the other 2 threads in this thread.

Better yet.. Apply to be a mod then you can have a say so;)

Last edited:

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers' chances to reach the Super Bowl just got better. We just ruined opposing teams' blueprint of beating Rodgers in the playoffs. They won't be able to triple cover Adams anymore.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Saw this posted else where..

I don't mind this trade. Davante wasn't going to be happy with the franchise tag...and Rodgers must've greenlit the trade (since he was not willing to take less $$ to keep him). Rodgers has shown that when his stud receiver is out he makes due by spreading the ball around. And with the picks, they can develop new receiver talent.

Members online

Latest posts