Adams Traded to Las Vegas

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welp. I guess I would expect us to keep MVS and Tonyan. If they can draft two receivers in this class early and Gute lands on both it’s not so bad.

Problem is Gutey has been downright awful scouting receivers.
False. He's never actually selected a higher than what 5th rounder? And he went on to produce better than nearly his whole draft class besides like 5 guys or so?

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I feel sick...

This would not have hurt so bad if we had good depth in the WR room but it was Adams and the rest...

Gute better draft a WR in the first round then.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he didn't want to be here, he didn't want to be here. I'm happy with a 1st and 2nd rounder. If there was a player involved too, even better. Apparently they offered him the money, glad he didn't take it here. No interest in paying a WR that much money and I've been a pretty big D. Adams fan.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
They were going to pay him. But he didn't want in GB
Why though? Rodgers is staying for the forseeable future and hes going to the dump that is the Raiders?
Good luck winning a ring in Vegas I guess :(

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
There is 100% a downside to losing an elite wide receiver.

But you also 100% do that deal. A 1st and a 2nd for a tagged 29 year old receiver who is demanding 14% of the cap? Absolutely.

The off-season isn’t over. The roster isn’t static.

They have some space to sign a receiver.

They have some picks to trade for a receiver

They have some picks to select a receiver.

They surely did not mortgage their future to roll out Randall Cobb and Amari Rodgers.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a feeling Adams' stats are going to plummet with Derek Carr throwing him the ball. Not that he will care because he just got paid. He should be buying AR a very nice gift.

buckthorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know a 1st round pick sounds "good" at first glance, but it's the 22nd pick, isn't it? That's not exactly high. So maybe you get the fourth or fifth best wide receiver? Even if they can trade up, they're still going to have to swing a trade and get a bonafide number 1 from somewhere. Who's available?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going to miss that Rodgers to Adam's magic. But from what I'm gathering so far, Gute didn't have much choice if any. I've already given him and company an A for their work this off season. Anything else from this point on is gravy, but it'll be fascinating to see what his next moves are. He's got plenty of options.

Gute’s option was to draft Pittman Jr over Love. Maybe the packers can trade Love for Tim Patrick?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know a 1st round pick sounds "good" at first glance, but it's the 22nd pick, isn't it? That's not exactly high. So maybe you get the fourth or fifth best wide receiver? Even if they can trade up, they're still going to have to swing a trade and get a bonafide number 1 from somewhere. Who's available?

I'll bet money less than four receivers will have been picked by then. I'd bet three probably at most and most likely it is London, Jameson and Burks or Wilson that are gone.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
False. He's never actually selected a higher than what 5th rounder? And he went on to produce better than nearly his whole draft class besides like 5 guys or so?

Players aren’t evaluated relative to others. I’ll never understand the logic behind “well these guys disappointed more so I’m now happy with my (lesser) disappointment”.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly turn that 20M into:

Rasul Douglas
Jarvis Landry...or OBJ...or Julio
Whitney Mercilus (won't be expensive)
Maybe even Tonyan on a one year post injury prove it

You just shored up that CB3, gave a veteran depth at EDGE, picked up a WR2 at worst and possibly a TE...

AND you still got four picks in the top 60 in the draft coming...

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly turn that 20M into:

Rasul Douglas
Jarvis Landry...or OBJ...or Julio
Whitney Mercilus (won't be expensive)
Maybe even Tonyan on a one year post injury prove it

You just shored up that CB3, gave a veteran depth at EDGE, picked up a WR2 at worst and possibly a TE...

AND you still got four picks in the top 60 in the draft coming...

I’d love Douglas, I’m m’eh on Mercilus, me’h on Landry, and out on Julio and OBJ. Packers currently have zero mid- or deep threats at receiver. Packers need to either make a trade with Seattle for Lockett or hope they can move up for a receiver who can contribute immediately.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless Julio is here for a 750K cap hit and no dead money contract for 1 year, no thanks. No thanks to OBJ. He was an option when he only had to stay cool for half season or less, I'm not signing on to that guy for any more than that ever.

Mercilus would be cheap and i'm ok with. I'd look at Landry. I wish Douglas was already signed.

buckthorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll bet money less than four receivers will have been picked by then. I'd bet three probably at most and most likely it is London, Jameson and Burks or Wilson that are gone.
Not that it necessarily means anything (and it doesn't), but si.com's latest mock draft has the Raiders taking the fifth receiver at 22. Top five are Wilson, London, Williams, Burks, and Olave.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a feeling Adams' stats are going to plummet with Derek Carr throwing him the ball. Not that he will care because he just got paid. He should be buying AR a very nice gift.
If his stats didn't plummet with Brett Hundley throwing him the ball I think it safe to assume you're gonna be wrong on the assumption that Derek Carr isn't a good enough QB to throw him the ball.

If his stats go down at all it'll because Waller is going to command targets also

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless Julio is here for a 750K cap hit and no dead money contract for 1 year, no thanks. No thanks to OBJ. He was an option when he only had to stay cool for half season or less, I'm not signing on to that guy for any more than that ever.

Mercilus would be cheap and i'm ok with. I'd look at Landry. I wish Douglas was already signed.

LOL the veteran minimum or close to it if Julio stays healthy is ignorantly stupid not to do. The dude even over his disrupted last two seasons (playing 19 games) out produced a TON of solid WRs in the game today.

Landry is my priority out of all the WRs out there for sure, and Julio is only here if it is to be a teams support 2a or 2b type guy.