Adam Pankey Promoted to 53

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
press conference live now. anyone watching? can't turn on audio here!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Bulaga is still dealing with the ankle and was reportedly sent home today with an illness. And now it's come up that Spriggs has a nagging hamstring. That would explain Pankey.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Bulaga is still dealing with the ankle and was reportedly sent home today with an illness. And now it's come up that Spriggs has a nagging hamstring. That would explain Pankey.
Lack of o-line depth already starting to manifest.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
as i said in another thread, o-line depth is a problem every year. 10 of the 53 were o-line. now it's 11.
Losing three quality o-linemen in the past year and having only replaced them with Evans is alarming.

H

HardRightEdge

It would appear Pankey is taking Francois' spot. Pending another announcement, it looks like they're going with 4 DL against Atlanta unless Adams is ready to play a few downs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing three quality o-linemen in the past year and having only replaced them with Evans is alarming.
Can't keep everybody. Something about a salary cap. OL talent is a problem around the league, we are better off than most. As long as Bahktieri and Linsley stay healthy, it's all good. Had Spriggs turned out like we expected, things would be downright rosy.

H

HardRightEdge

Can't keep everybody. Something about a salary cap. OL talent is a problem around the league, we are better off than most. As long as Bahktieri and Linsley stay healthy, it's all good. Had Spriggs turned out like we expected, things would be downright rosy.
You guys seem to have forgotten Taylor who happens to be a quite decent player.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Now I'm seeing that Bakhtiari was a limited participant today with a hamstring. Hopefully it's nothing, but that's further explanation for the move to bring up Pankey.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They could have kept Lang, no problem. They should have extended him as soon as they decided to let Sitton go, not waited for someone like the Lions to be able to give him a big offer.

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
Too bad the pick they used on Kofi Amichia didn't yield an OL player good enough to make the 53.

Does anyone else wonder if they guy has a relative named Hank? :rolleyes:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The most frustrating thing about this guy is that his parents didn't name him Henry.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They could have kept Lang, no problem. They should have extended him as soon as they decided to let Sitton go, not waited for someone like the Lions to be able to give him a big offer.
We don't have a problem at guard..... and you can't pay a guard when you have 20 mil worth of starting o tackles, and a young center looking to get paid.

H

HardRightEdge

Didn't forget him, just feel he's not as irreplaceable should he go down as Bahktieri or Linsley would be.
A decent LG is harder to replace than a decent center. You might have noticed Taylor got a contract extension; Linsley, who will be a free agent after this season, did not. And Linsley has been injured a lot.

If somebody wants to throw Linsley a $5.5 million/year deal as with Tretter, I wouldn't be surprised if the Packers take a pass. A lot will depend on how the right side shapes up as the year goes along. Replacing one piece at a time has been the recent history and is a prudent approach. I would note: Wells, EDS, Tretter represent a pattern with free agent centers who get nice offers elsewhere. Then you have the surprise move of keeping both McCray and Lucas, guys who worked at center this preseason who are no doubt undergoing coaching and evaluation for the center position in practice and on scout team.

Don't get me wrong. I like Linsley. Good ball player. But given a choice, I'd take Taylor at the more critical position and the Packers agreed with that extension.

I would observe that the key issue right now is not having Bulaga out there. With Murphy so sketchy, and Rodgers having to move off his spot with regularity, it screws up the blocking angles and is probably making Evans, and the line in general, look more shaky that the reality of the situation. OTs get big bucks for a reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have a better starting offensive line than most teams around the league. Depth is definitely an issue though.

I'm absolutely fine with the Packers deciding to let Lang walk away in fre agency and replace him with Evans. The move saved a ton of cap space.

We don't have a problem at guard..... and you can't pay a guard when you have 20 mil worth of starting o tackles, and a young center looking to get paid.

Once again, the team has above average starters at guard. Unfortunately they currently don't have any viable backups.

A decent LG is harder to replace than a decent center. You might have noticed Taylor got a contract extension; Linsley, who will be a free agent after this season, did not. And Linsley has been injured a lot.

If somebody wants to throw Linsley a $5.5 million/year deal as with Tretter, I wouldn't be surprised if the Packers take a pass.

I fully expect the Packers to re-sign Linsley. Other than Sitton and Lang he's still young enough to keep around.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Irregardless, they should have immediately extended Lang when Sitton was let go. What was a strength is becoming a weakness. It won't be fixed by throwing warm bodies at it.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Irregardless, they should have immediately extended Lang when Sitton was let go. What was a strength is becoming a weakness. It won't be fixed by throwing warm bodies at it.
I agree with the philosophy of getting rid of older guys a year too early rather than a year or two too late and having to eat dead cap space. Spriggs not being able to effectively contribute and Barclay's injury has compromised our o-line depth.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is concerning is that bahk is limited with a hammy..... if he goes down, our oline will be in real rough shape...

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts