Actually Glad Aaron Bombed.

mikegrubiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Rock solid O-Line Yared? :rotflmao:

Wow. That's really stretching it with three rookies, and since it's been established that Favre has been making them look better than they are by his quick reads and release. That won't happen with Aaron Rodgers or anyone else in there.

And Net, maybe you should get TT to talk to your old coach about fielding a winning team!

It's gonna be a long season. :beersign:

Before you blindly through out stupid remarks you should really know your stuff.

In week 10 that Packers OL that you seem to have so much disdain for ranked 2nd in the league in sack rate. They gave up 11 sacks with a adjusted rate of 2.7%. The league average is 21 sacks given up at a 6.8% rate. They seem to be doing pretty well for themselves, agreed?

As of week 10 they ranked 8th in run blocking with 4.45yards per getting stuffed only 25% of the time.

Who cares if they're starting rookies? Talent is all that matters and that's what they have.

Having to max protect and leave your TE's in to block is not exactly a good thing. Also, Favre's ability to buy time by avoiding the rush and get the ball away has made the O-line look better than they really are.

How did the O-Line do against New England? Not too good.

Neither did Aaron Rodgers execute the West Coast offense very well.

You can't take the positive impact out of the equation that Favre has had on this young team this year!

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
mikegrubiak said:
Rock solid O-Line Yared? :rotflmao:

Wow. That's really stretching it with three rookies, and since it's been established that Favre has been making them look better than they are by his quick reads and release. That won't happen with Aaron Rodgers or anyone else in there.

And Net, maybe you should get TT to talk to your old coach about fielding a winning team!

It's gonna be a long season. :beersign:

Before you blindly through out stupid remarks you should really know your stuff.

In week 10 that Packers OL that you seem to have so much disdain for ranked 2nd in the league in sack rate. They gave up 11 sacks with a adjusted rate of 2.7%. The league average is 21 sacks given up at a 6.8% rate. They seem to be doing pretty well for themselves, agreed?

As of week 10 they ranked 8th in run blocking with 4.45yards per getting stuffed only 25% of the time.

Who cares if they're starting rookies? Talent is all that matters and that's what they have.

Having to max protect and leave your TE's in to block is not exactly a good thing. Also, Favre's ability to buy time by avoiding the rush and get the ball away has made the O-line look better than they really are.

How did the O-Line do against New England? Not too good.

Neither did Aaron Rodgers execute the West Coast offense very well.

You can't take the positive impact out of the equation that Favre has had on this young team this year!

Exactly, if you watch any packers game you will notice that they HAVE to max protect all the time which means less targets for Favre which translates into less explosive offense. You do realize that that is a bad thing right???

I really wish Favre went to a good team this offseason so he could fight to win a couple more superbowls and all the Favre bashers and Aaron "suckers" on this forum could be happy with Rodgers starting in there and the Packers fighting for the first pick in the draft for the next few years. Because trust me, once the king is gone, thats what the story will be for a while. The next years draft pick. :thumbsup:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah franks and martin dont ever catch balls ever cuz theyre always blocking...oh wait, this is a career year for martin(yes, thats not saying much, but still. lol)

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah franks and martin dont ever catch balls ever cuz theyre always blocking...oh wait, this is a career year for martin(yes, thats not saying much, but still. lol)

lol, please lets not get started on Bubbbbbaaaa. Once he loses those naked pictures of the coach and GM together he will have his release.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bubbas shittyness isnt the point. You said TEs do nothing but block, but we've seen Bubba get thrown to(and drop) a lot, and D-Mart as well, who is doing ok this year.

Your point...is wrong.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bubbas shittyness isnt the point. You said TEs do nothing but block, but we've seen Bubba get thrown to(and drop) a lot, and D-Mart as well, who is doing ok this year.

Your point...is wrong.

The real problem is that good offenses dont go 2 tight end. We have 3 mediocre TE's, whats so great about that. If the team didnt get rid of our OLineman this offense might not be so pathetic looking. We might have scored a few points vs the Patriots and Bears. Any real team will eat us up because any good defense can tear our conservative 2 tight end scheme apart. By the way, if the defense brings more than 4 pass rushers, all they do do is block because we know we cant stop em. We are forced to play 2 tight end or keep the running back in there as a blocker. Any good defense can shut that down. See Bears & Pats game for references.

Omg, i just noticed bubba has 15 catches in 10 games. In the back of my head i can probably recall around 15 drops.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
get rid of our o-linemen? Lol

Tell me, is Wahle that great down in Carolina? Nope
Flanagan? Geez Wells was better last season.
Rivera? This guy is not very good anymore, he's old and crippled.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
get rid of our o-linemen? Lol

Tell me, is Wahle that great down in Carolina? Nope
Flanagan? Geez Wells was better last season.
Rivera? This guy is not very good anymore, he's old and crippled.

Well, they might be crap but crap is better than diahreaa which is what we're stuck with now :)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone relize that GB had given up the 3rd fewest sacks in the league prior to the New England game.

One bad game against one of the hardest defenses to figure out in the history of the game and their crap.........

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Your point...is wrong.

The real problem is that good offenses dont go 2 tight end. We have 3 mediocre TE's, whats so great about that. If the team didnt get rid of our OLineman this offense might not be so pathetic looking. We might have scored a few points vs the Patriots and Bears. Any real team will eat us up because any good defense can tear our conservative 2 tight end scheme apart. By the way, if the defense brings more than 4 pass rushers, all they do do is block because we know we cant stop em. We are forced to play 2 tight end or keep the running back in there as a blocker. Any good defense can shut that down. See Bears & Pats game for references.

Omg, i just noticed bubba has 15 catches in 10 games. In the back of my head i can probably recall around 15 drops.

'Whats so great about that?' Nothing...that isnt what we were talking about. We were talking about max protect and how.. wow. You remind me of my friend tom who when he is losing an argument, he just changes the argument and hopes i dont notice.

mikegrubiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone relize that GB had given up the 3rd fewest sacks in the league prior to the New England game.

One bad game against one of the hardest defenses to figure out in the history of the game and their crap.........

QB position might have something to do with that. How many times was A-Rod pasted?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

QB position might have something to do with that. How many times was A-Rod pasted?

Favre couldn't read the defense well either from a testament to how he played prior to his injury. Seems like everyone needs to point out GB lost but they fail to give credit to one of the best Defensive masterminds in the history of the game. His gameplan for the Super Bowl against the Bills is in the Hall of Fame.

I haven't seen anything in Rodgers to make me think he's the future of the team but realistically he hasn't even seen a shot yet. So I'm not quite ready to lock him up and throw away the key.

mikegrubiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, let's say, excluding the New England game, might not the QB have helped the O-line look a bit better than it is by avoiding sacks and getting rid of the ball quickly?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, let's say, excluding the New England game, might not the QB have helped the O-line look a bit better than it is by avoiding sacks and getting rid of the ball quickly?

If you can't read the coverage then your in big trouble. Favre had trouble with it from the looks so I don't see why everyone is shocked that Rodgers had trouble with it as well.

Obviously a quick release is one of the best things a QB can have. Favre, Marino, Unitas have all had them. Rodgers was said to of had one when he was Drafted but sure didn’t have one Sunday against the Pats. He was holding the ball to long. With that said if you can't read the Defense your probably going to hesitate making the throw. That's what it looked like Rodgers was doing. Tough task to replace Favre. Even tougher to enter a game trailing 21-0 to probably the greatest coach in the last 10 years. New England didn't let up either. They wanted that shut out. The offensive line has a big test against Seattle next week. I believe they lead the league in sacks. They did going into last week.

mikegrubiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You didn't answer my question about a quick release, quick decision, avoid the rush type of QB making the O-Line look better than it really is in regards to sack % for instance.

etc

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You didn't answer my question about a quick release, quick decision, avoid the rush type of QB making the O-Line look better than it really is in regards to sack % for instance.

etc

I only told you that a quick release is huge to a Quarterbacks game so obviously it's helpful. The offensive line deserves credit for playing well up to the New England game. If your going to downplay them because of Favre then I expect you to down play every offensive line the Packers have had since the 1992 season when Favre came in.

They weren't good at all. It's all Brett Favre. That's the kind of logic it seems your using. In reality Favre is definitely a reason to why they are top 10 right now in the league in giving up sacks but Favre is not soul reason. The pressure is dramatically down this year as well from last year. This is a young unit who appears promising no matter who the Quarterback is. There just not ready for the big times yet and neither is this team.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Don't try to use facts against them. It's been brought up before, but to no avail

mikegrubiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

Don't try to use facts against them. It's been brought up before, but to no avail

Yes, the fact that GB often has had to keep TE's and RB's in to protect the QB seems to be lost on you!

:thumbsup:

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, the fact that GB often has had to keep TE's and RB's in to protect the QB seems to be lost on you!

What team doesn't use TE's and RB's to block? How many times do the Packers use singleback or shotgun with no HBs. A lot.

What's wrong with using Bubba as a blocker? That's his strong suit. He can't catch so how can he contribute? Blocking. Big deal.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

And you fail to mention that the Packers Brett Favre is in the top 5 for completions essentially proving having the extra TE or RB help block is a non-factor.

Bottom line, as long as you're protecting the QB, it doesn't matter how.

mikegrubiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, I guess.

I think you could do it better if you could do it with the original 5 lineman, and send the others out to run pass patterns.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
True, I guess.

I think you could do it better if you could do it with the original 5 lineman, and send the others out to run pass patterns.

We have a couple rookies out there man. You have to help them a little bit. We have old Brett boy as the QB. He's no Vick! lol

I'd be all agreeing with you if the Packers were last in passing soley because we were missing a TE or RB running in the flat. That's just not the case though. Our passing game is doing good, statistically.

We don't really have the WR depth, nor the TE or RB that would be more valuable in the field running a pass play either.

Basically I think the TE, RB or whoever stays in to help is more valuable helping save Brett's *** rather than getting blocked by a sheding DE or LB.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flapackfan said:
tromadz said:

Your point...is wrong.

'Whats so great about that?' Nothing...that isnt what we were talking about. We were talking about max protect and how.. wow. You remind me of my friend tom who when he is losing an argument, he just changes the argument and hopes i dont notice.

Its called being in a 6 year relationship with a crazy girl. Her insanity has fully rubbed off on me now.

Members online

Latest posts