Actually Glad Aaron Bombed.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061120/PKR0201/611200423/1989

After Favre left the game with an injured right elbow, the Patriots focused their attention on backup Aaron Rodgers.

The result? Neither Favre nor Rodgers will be looking back fondly on Sunday's humiliating 35-0 loss.

Favre was unavailable for comment after the game and Rodgers refused comment as he limped out of the locker room on what appeared to be a sprained left ankle.

The statistics from both quarterbacks were remarkably similar. Favre completed just five of 15 passes for 73 yards and Rodgers completed four of 12 passes for 32 yards.

Both took beatings. Favre had to leave the game after getting leveled by defensive end Tully Banta-Cain and linebacker Tedy Bruschi, and Rodgers likely was injured on one of the three times he was sacked. Rodgers also coughed up a fumble in the fourth quarter.

But overall, Rodgers' coaches and teammates seemed pretty convinced there wasn't a quarterback in the NFL who would have fared much better against New England's defense on Sunday.

"We put him in a tough situation," Packers center Scott Wells said. "We asked him to dig us out of a huge hole that we had dug ourselves. I don't think anyone could have done what we were asking Aaron to do."........

Packers coach Mike McCarthy said he saw positives in Rodgers' play.

"Without seeing the film, I thought he was OK. He was put in a tough spot," McCarthy said. "I thought sometimes he got out of the offense, but I thought he made some plays with his feet. I think you see his athletic ability."

Rodgers showed some impressive ability running the ball. He scrambled 6 yards for a first down in the third quarter and used his speed to turn another broken play into a 5-yard gain.

McCarthy and several players said they would feel confident if Rodgers had to replace Favre next week against the Seattle Seahawks.

"It concerns us because (Favre) is our leader on offense. But, I think if he's not able to play next week, I think Aaron Rodgers will be able to step in and fill his shoes," receiver Donald Driver said. "We trust Aaron Rodgers to step in and take care of business."

McCarthy agreed, and after working extensively with Rodgers during the offseason, said he would have no problem handing him the ball if Favre is unable to go.

"(I have) full confidence. I'm not into kind of holding back. He's got talent; he has ability; he has know-how," McCarthy said. "When his opportunity comes, I want to put my foot on the gas and go with him."

mikegrubiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are they going to say?

He sucks and TT made a mistake in drafting him?

This doesn't really say much. Neither good or bad.

Just company PR.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't you guys remember that the packers call each other out if they are playing bad...

So what do you guys expect?
They are pretty honest..unlike other organizations.

When Brett doesn't like how other play..he calls them out.

If they didn't like how Aaron played..they will call him out....

Jeff Jagdonzinski...the OC...called Aaron out and said he expected him to be better prepared...that's totally fine and honest.

HIs foot isn't broken..it's a sprained ankle.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't you guys remember that the packers call each other out if they are playing bad...

So what do you guys expect?
They are pretty honest..unlike other organizations.

When Brett doesn't like how other play..he calls them out.

If they didn't like how Aaron played..they will call him out....

Jeff Jagdonzinski...the OC...called Aaron out and said he expected him to be better prepared...that's totally fine and honest.

HIs foot isn't broken..it's a sprained ankle.

Ummm...Its broken check again

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's unfortunate.....

Are you guys cheering now?
You all get your wish..to get Aaron out of the way...
Does it make you feel good? Rejoicing that you don't have to hear about him for the rest of the year?

mikegrubiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes!

Is that what you want to hear?

No, of course not. I'm only kidding.

I would have been just as happy to see him ride the pines all season.

:chalflag:

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's unfortunate.....

Are you guys cheering now?
You all get your wish..to get Aaron out of the way...
Does it make you feel good? Rejoicing that you don't have to hear about him for the rest of the year?

No, because he's better than whoever they'll pick up as the new backup/3rd stringer.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since we're speculating on what people want to hear, I thought some of you might want to hear what Havel has to say on Rodgers. Jokes apart though if there is any substance to what he says, it doesnt look good:

Rodgers throws little more than tizzy

"...More disturbing was backup Aaron Rodgers' performance before, during and after the game.

Rodgers seemed inadequately prepared to step in and at least be serviceable against New England's powerful defense.

Then, when the Patriots began pounding him, his body language suggested he wasn't to blame. He shook his head in disgust, raised his palms skyward and seemed to say, "What am I supposed to do with blocking like that?"

It was obvious before Rodgers' first snap the Packers' young offensive line was no match for the Patriots' Richard Seymour, Ty Warren and Vince Wilfork. Rodgers didn't need to belabor the point by getting down on himself and his line so quickly...."

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am with you, and now we have an idea of what will this team look without Brett...

Black times ahead...

Yeah so because his emergency stint didnt go well, hes gonna be bad for the rest of his career. Yeah, that makes sense. Wow.

If Favre is the answer, playing the way he did sunday...then...please tell me what is the question. Cuz the question isnt "Which QB do you want in to win you a game?" cuz favre isnt the answer to that.

I hope his bad play is due to the groin injury and whatnot.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jeez people - we were playing the friggin patriots - let's not forget that. as much as it pains me to admit it - a far superior team than ours. brett was clearly off before the injury to his elbow - he was having a bad day. rodgers comes in & can't do much either - maybe he was also having a bad day.

i'm not prepared to judge rodgers performance from a portion of one game.

mikegrubiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
I am with you, and now we have an idea of what will this team look without Brett...

Black times ahead...

Yeah so because his emergency stint didnt go well, hes gonna be bad for the rest of his career. Yeah, that makes sense. Wow.

If Favre is the answer, playing the way he did sunday...then...please tell me what is the question. Cuz the question isnt "Which QB do you want in to win you a game?" cuz favre isnt the answer to that.

What would you call Favre's multiple 300 yard, 3 TD games?

Luck?

I think Favre will be just fine. He's been more than fine for 15 years now!

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:

Black times ahead...

Tromad and 4packgirl make the most sense...

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan, small request here: if I post anything that doesn't meet with the TOS or whatever can you delete said posts instead of editing? I'd rather be silenced than misrepresented. :p

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Chamuko said:

Black times ahead...

What would you call Favre's multiple 300 yard, 3 TD games?

Luck?

I think Favre will be just fine. He's been more than fine for 15 years now!

id call it inconsistent play. Which Favre is gonna show up? Good HoF Favre or Evil Favre?

I refused to bellieve Favres skills had been deteriorating(i just said he was a different breed of guy who made bad decisions, but lately his decisions have been EXCELLENT) but its looking like his skills ARE deteriorating, especially in the accuracy department, and it sucks...the whole situation sucks and makes me sad.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers bombed? I say Rodgers got bombed. The Pat's were coming from everywhere by the time he got in. It looked like the pre-season when he would come in with the second team. How fast can you run?

He never had a chance. Now he's done for the season and Brett's hurting as well.

Everything happens for a reason.

The reason for all this is that Brett had a terrible start. That can't happen against a team like this. You can't put the defense out there over and over after 3 and outs time after time.

This isn't a dig on Favre. He's the man. But he has GOT to have a great game against good teams for us to have a chance. The game plan was to go after their banged up secondary and Brett picked a day to not hit the broad side of a barn.

He had decent enough protection early. Guys were open. He just couldn't get it done this day. After getting nothing out of the turnover the Pat's put us away.

Had Brett been hot instead of cold could we have made a game out of it? Absolutely, but we needed BF out there carving up the "D" in order for it to happen. Not throwing the ball ten feet over everybodys head.

Against a good team that's not opening the door that's opening Pandora's box.

As far as the future being black because of how Rodgers played? Gimme a break. By the time he got in their the Pat's had taken off the cleats and put on their track shoes. It was a race to the QB by then.

There's nothing you can take from that.

All I know is we are as competitive as Favre is good. When he's not good we aren't going to be either. Not against the really tough teams out there.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Rodgers 4 for 12 and 32 yards.

I am actually glad the kid bombed. It is a good thing.

He got some experience. He is going to be good one day. The game was out of hand so it did not cost the Packers a game.

But most of all..... If he did go 10 for 12 with 2 td's... I could not stand the people who would have been all over it saying sit Brett.

This team does not need a QB controversey and Brett is the answer right now. The media and many people here would have had a field day if Rodgers palyed well.

RP

Well it was his first time, again we all say that dont we? I actually stopped watching the game yesterday and went shopping for thanksgiving goodies.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he has GOT to have a great game against good teams for us to have a chance. The game plan was to go after their banged up secondary and Brett picked a day to not hit the broad side of a barn.

I agree. People were complaining GB passed. Even my Patriots buddy was pointing out how it was a good move cuz their DBs are all dead. And guys were getting open, especially GJ, but Favre was just off. Inconsistent play by a legend, and its sad to see him this way.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One bad hit, and Favre is likely out. It happened last week, why should we think it won't happen again?

Anyone happy that Rodgers is out of the picture... is looking at entirely the wrong picture.

We are now one step (or hard hit) away from the rookie what's-his-name. Yeah, that's something to smile about! (where is that roll-eyes icon..)

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One bad hit, and Favre is likely out. It happened last week, why should we think it won't happen again?

Anyone happy that Rodgers is out of the picture... is looking at entirely the wrong picture.

We are now one step (or hard hit) away from the rookie what's-his-name. Yeah, that's something to smile about! (where is that roll-eyes icon..)

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodger learned one thing from Favre, toughness. He played the entire 4th quarter with a broken foot. Props to him for that.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Rodger learned one thing from Favre, toughness. He played the entire 4th quarter with a broken foot. Props to him for that.

Yep, I AGREE!

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed his footwork was more gingerly than normal..like he was stepping lightly...makes sense.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Chamuko said:

Black times ahead...

Tromad and 4packgirl make the most sense...

holy crap, trom - i think we need to get this framed!! ;)

Members online

Latest posts