Accurate Analysts?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
With the upcoming draft a major discussion for our team, it seems that Pro Football Focus is "in vogue" when looking for analysis of a player. I stumbled up an article that cites some of the flaws with PFF. While they do a commendable job, they aren't infallible.

http://bostonsportsmedia.com/2014/06/04/can-pro-football-focus-stats-be-blindly-trusted/

So, what other analytical sources do you all find helpful in examining a players body of work and potential? How does that translate into them fitting with the Pack?

D

Deleted member 6794

With the upcoming draft a major discussion for our team, it seems that Pro Football Focus is "in vogue" when looking for analysis of a player. I stumbled up an article that cites some of the flaws with PFF. While they do a commendable job, they aren't infallible.

http://bostonsportsmedia.com/2014/06/04/can-pro-football-focus-stats-be-blindly-trusted/

So, what other analytical sources do you all find helpful in examining a players body of work and potential? How does that translate into them fitting with the Pack?

There is no reason to blindly trust Pro Football Focus or any expert analyzing draft prospects. What I like about their work is that they havetaken a look at every single snap of a prospect over the last two years and base their analysis on it. They´re far from perfect but at least provide some inside information to compare draftees with each other not found anywhere else.

OP
OP
Croak

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
There is no reason to blindly trust Pro Football Focus or any expert analyzing draft prospects. What I like about their work is that they havetaken a look at every single snap of a prospect over the last two years and base their analysis on it. They´re far from perfect but at least provide some inside information to compare draftees with each other not found anywhere else.

Yes, the article gives that impression, but they also say it is impossible for PFF to see every single snap of each player because every single snap isn't on film. That being said, they are good. But what other corroborating sources are there that are also good?

D

Deleted member 6794

Yes, the article gives that impression, but they also say it is impossible for PFF to see every single snap of each player because every single snap isn't on film. That being said, they are good. But what other corroborating sources are there that are also good?

I like Football Outsiders as well but they don´t offer as much content on draft prospects or only offer it with an ESPN Insider subscription.

OP
OP
Croak

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I like Football Outsiders as well but they don´t offer as much content on draft prospects or only offer it with an ESPN Insider subscription.
Thanks. footballoutsiders.com ? I don't keep up with college as much as you guys do, so I have to trust other sources. That's why I'm looking for good sites.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Throw some darts at a draft board and see how you did in comparison to PFF, Football Outsiders, and Mel Kiper. I doubt there will be much difference.

Members online

Latest posts