1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Accurate Analysts?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Croak, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,973
    With the upcoming draft a major discussion for our team, it seems that Pro Football Focus is "in vogue" when looking for analysis of a player. I stumbled up an article that cites some of the flaws with PFF. While they do a commendable job, they aren't infallible.

http://bostonsportsmedia.com/2014/06/04/can-pro-football-focus-stats-be-blindly-trusted/

So, what other analytical sources do you all find helpful in examining a players body of work and potential? How does that translate into them fitting with the Pack?

2. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,592
    There is no reason to blindly trust Pro Football Focus or any expert analyzing draft prospects. What I like about their work is that they havetaken a look at every single snap of a prospect over the last two years and base their analysis on it. They´re far from perfect but at least provide some inside information to compare draftees with each other not found anywhere else.

3. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,973
    Yes, the article gives that impression, but they also say it is impossible for PFF to see every single snap of each player because every single snap isn't on film. That being said, they are good. But what other corroborating sources are there that are also good?

4. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,592
    I like Football Outsiders as well but they don´t offer as much content on draft prospects or only offer it with an ESPN Insider subscription.

5. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,973
    Thanks. footballoutsiders.com ? I don't keep up with college as much as you guys do, so I have to trust other sources. That's why I'm looking for good sites.

6. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,990
    Throw some darts at a draft board and see how you did in comparison to PFF, Football Outsiders, and Mel Kiper. I doubt there will be much difference.