Aaron Rodgers "Stupid Fu***** Call"

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't get sacked 5 times in a half because your playcalling is conservative

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Somebody with the game recorded go to 1:50 left in the third quarter and see which play Rodgers was talking about.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't AR usually do a lot of hot routes/reads and checks?

Like he had the one to Jordy for instance early on for the first down???

I'd like to see more of that..

I understand Cobb's skillset is great for that, and not having him took that away... but still

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care what the play calls where Rodgers had zero time to do much that first half and quick stuff is what helped move the chains in the second half.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Somebody with the game recorded go to 1:50 left in the third quarter and see which play Rodgers was talking about.
From the 3rd qtr play by play (NFL.Com)
  1. 1-10-CIN 49(1:55) (Shotgun) 12-A.Rodgers pass incomplete short right to 88-T.Montgomery [96-C.Dunlap].
  2. 2-10-CIN 49(1:50) (Shotgun) 12-A.Rodgers pass short right to 81-G.Allison to CIN 40 for 9 yards (22-W.Jackson). Balled tipped at the line of scrimmage by 96-C. Dunlap. Play still resulted in completion.

OP
OP
Wildcatk23

Wildcatk23

Repeat?
Reaction score
It's not just been one game. Its been multiple games and playoff games. Like the Seattle game when we tried to run the clock out. McCarthy doesn't use Rodgers to his fullest abilities.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the 3rd qtr play by play (NFL.Com)
  1. 1-10-CIN 49(1:55) (Shotgun) 12-A.Rodgers pass incomplete short right to 88-T.Montgomery [96-C.Dunlap].
  2. 2-10-CIN 49(1:50) (Shotgun) 12-A.Rodgers pass short right to 81-G.Allison to CIN 40 for 9 yards (22-W.Jackson). Balled tipped at the line of scrimmage by 96-C. Dunlap. Play still resulted in completion.
Thanks. I'll have to see a replay of the game for context though. I'm sure NFLN will have it on some time this week.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it’s time for someone in authority on the sideline to severely and publicly jump Rodger’s *** next time he does something stupid, which at the current rate will happen some time in the 1st half on Thursday night. I remember one of Belichick’s assistants getting right up in Brady’s grill 8 or 9 years ago. I’d hate to see Rodgers become another Favre.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it’s time for someone in authority on the sideline to severely and publicly jump Rodger’s *** next time he does something stupid, which at the current rate will happen some time in the 1st half on Thursday night. I remember one of Belichick’s assistants getting right up in Brady’s grill 8 or 9 years ago. I’d hate to see Rodgers become another Favre.

are you a Pi Kap? lol

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was wondering what he was mouthing there. Now that you put it in the title it's so much more obvious haha

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
He is CLEARLY saying "I looped in a knuckleball! I looped in a knuckleball!"

Much ado about nothing.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised that a bigger deal hasn't been made about this.
Who is Rodgers yelling at in this video? Is he talking to McCarthy, or someone else?
He IS being directly critical of McCarthy here, isn't he?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is this one of those situations where everyone is going to be looking for a reason to make a mountain out of absolutely nothing?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is this one of those situations where everyone is going to be looking for a reason to make a mountain out of absolutely nothing?
It appears not actually. This looks like the kind of thing ESPN loves to exploit, but I haven't seen it anywhere but here lol.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was he complaining to the coaches, or to the referees?

Does anyone conclusively know?

Just asking.

H

HardRightEdge

As depleted as the O-Line was, and just plain bad, I'm not sure you can get conservative enough.

"F-ing stupid" is not necessarily synonymous with "conservative".

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Yeah, can anyone actually answer the question?
It was 1st and 10 from the Bengals 49. Packers lined up trips to the left (Jordy, Allison, Bennett) with Adams to the right. Ty in the backfield. Tough to see what all was happening because Rodgers got immediate pressure from the right, as Dunlap went around Murphy. Rodgers faked the handoff to Ty, and almost immediately got swallowed. Not sure what could have been so idiotic about the play call, but I do know that Rodgers talked to a couple of the officials after getting up from the sack. Could he have been referring to something they said?

At this point it's really anyone's guess. I wouldn't read anything into it.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Was that the one the refs were debating whether Aaron had intentional grounding? If so, it seemed he was talking to the ref while the team was lining up for the next play. The line judge came in like he wanted to flag him for it and the others on the crew said nyet.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Was that the one the refs were debating whether Aaron had intentional grounding? If so, it seemed he was talking to the ref while the team was lining up for the next play. The line judge came in like he wanted to flag him for it and the others on the crew said nyet.
That was a different play, Poppa. This one, Aaron got sacked. I think the one you are referring to occurred in overtime if I recall correctly. The one that McCray completely neglected to pickup the DE.

Members online

Latest posts