1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Aaron Kampman Is Now A Jaguar

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by SpartaChris, Mar 6, 2010.

1. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
  2. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    wowww.. i hope this works out for the best

3. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    GREAT news.

Best possible situation. Get him out of the conference.

I felt pretty sure he'd be in Vikes purple or Bears blue next year, so this worked out fantastically.

4. BT90

BT90 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Jacksonville will be lucky to have him. He'll be a great addition to that defense. It's sad to see Kampman go but i'm glad he didn't go somewhere in the division or even in the conference.

5. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    wow Im shocked but happy for him Good Luck

6. PackFanatic

PackFanatic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    a good deal fro GB that he is out of the conference i agree. willing to bet he will not last a year and i am sure that indy will dominate so no worries about him getting a ring before he retires. i have the utmost of respect for kampo and wish him well

7. A1MEANGREEN

A1MEANGREEN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    well we knew something like this would happen hope the best for him.
    good luck kampman.

8. no1jag904

no1jag904 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Even more excited now about this signing from reading the comments on him from you guys.

9. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    Good luck Aaron you will be missed

No1jag

You got a fantastic player and person...

He will always do his best and I think you will not be disapointed

He just didnt fit our new scheme and thats a shame

10. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Truth. GREAT passrusher, I too am glad to see him not in purple.

11. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    Class guy, good football player,I wish him nothing but luck and success.

12. danielchile

danielchile Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    We will surely miss Kampman the SACKman, but I hope this one turns for the best. Best of luck to him, great player and an even better guy.

AK74

13. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Damn... Really didn't want him to leave.

Good Luck, Aaron! I know you also had the Packers' best interest in mind when you signed with them. You're not going to be playing us this year. If you'd signed with the Eagles, that wouldn't be the case. You could've signed with the dradful bears, and stayed nearer you home.

But you didn't. And for that, and for everything you've done for us, I still admire you.

Here's to hoping you have all the sucess you had with us!

We'll miss you, AK74!

14. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Wow what can i say, the Jags got a wonderful player this year. I hope he has continued success for the rest of his career. Hope that he one day returns to green bay so we can retire his number.

15. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Report: Kampman signs with Jaguars - JSOnline

Another good reason to cheer for him. If he plays well (don't know how well), and considering the Packers don't acquire a FA as pricey as Kampman, we'll have as high as a 3rd round pick in 2011's draft...

16. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Yeah, Kampman's a beast! Plus, he doesn't quit on plays, like certain other DE's in the league we know. ::cough::peppers::cough::. And he's a true humanitarian and all around classy guy. You guys lucked out. Treat him well.

17. packers1517

packers1517 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So this wouldn't be so bad if I didn't just get an AK74 authentic jersey last year for christmas. He is def one of my fav players, never thought I'd see him go.

18. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    Best of both worlds, Kampman gets paid in a defense that will let him thrive and he is in the AFC. Best of luck to him.

19. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    I'm happy for the old boy. Hopefully, he secured a decent deal for himself.

20. Sunshine885500

Sunshine885500 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +49
    It's very unfortunate that Kampman was hurt. GB didn't receive any compensation for him in the form of picks which we could have used this year and based on the NFL's view of GB players we'll probably end up with a 5th, 6th or 7th Round Compensatory Pick providing we don't sign someone of equal or grater value. He should bring back nothing less then the highest compensatory pick (3rd rounder), but we'll see!

21. doughsellz

doughsellz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    This truly is a sad day. It's gut-wrenching when players move on but this one is more so for me. It's great when players surprise you & exceed expectations. Kampman certainly is one of the best Day 2 picks to wear the Green & Gold in recent memory.

There's a certain quality players possess that are intangible to players around them - they lead by example. They aren't outspoken but do their talking on the field. Kampman is such a player. He isn't boastful by any means & doesn't feel the need to excessively celebrate his on-field accomplishments like so many other modern players.

It's a shame that issues beyond his control sealed his fate in GB. I don't know if there's precedent in Packer history of this type of situation (management indirectly rendering a star player obsolete by their decisions) but I hope it's the last.

God Bless Aaron Kampman & the Green Bay Packers!

22. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,082
    I wonder if his bad attitude had anything to do with the effort by the pack to sign him. since we normally take care of "packer people" I would assume so. 2 bad that he became a distraction.

23. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    TT made him a pretty reasonable offer 5 years/$20 million. It's a very good deal given the fact he's getting older and coming off an ACL tear. Never once did he outright complain or quit on plays (ahem.. Julius Peppers) so I don't see how he was ever a distraction. Bottom line he's NOT a linebacker so the packers couldn't truly use him.

24. AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan Section 121 Row 47

Ratings:
    +339
    Yeah...not sure he was ever a distraction for our team. He's just not a linebacker. Still say we should have traded him the second we hired Dom Capers.

25. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,082
    You guys must have missed this

"Kampman never took to the new 3-4 defense of Packers coordinator Dom Capers, and his relationship with a team and a defense where he had been a leader on and off the field took a downward turn. Previously an eternally positive force in the locker room, Kampmanā€™s position switch robbed him of enthusiasm as he took an indifferent approach to the position change that did not sit well with the Packer coaches." - Andrew Brandt

Aaron Kampman is a wanted man | National Football Post