Aaron Jones admits he smoked marijuana

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It needs to be legal everywhere.
Setting aside the legality of the substance... or the fact that it is against NFL rules... did you miss the point that he was driving under its influence??? Should we legalize drunk driving as well? This may be going down an innapropriate political rathole which I will not continue.... but I would suggest you think before you post.

OP
OP
T

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Setting aside the legality of the substance... or the fact that it is against NFL rules... did you miss the point that he was driving under its influence??? Should we legalize drunk driving as well? This may be going down an innapropriate political rathole which I will not continue.... but I would suggest you think before you post.

Driving without a valid license is bad enough without the speeding charge. But driving 79 mph in a 55 mph zone will be caught every single time. Usually the letters DUI make people think of alcohol but this case shows it could mean any drug that can impair a person's ability to operate a vehicle. So I would call it a DUI in my book.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are we sure that he wasn't drinking as well? He couldn't even walk in a straight line and was driving carelessly. Marijuana alone usually doesn't produce those effects.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Legal, illegal...driving, not driving, in a club, at home........doesn't matter to me....each of those just add a layer to the one fact.....he was doing something he was not suppose to be doing and now his team will suffer the consequences of his actions. My personal opinion of Marijuana aside, if you are going to play in the NFL and cash your checks.....follow the damn rules!

HD3924

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldn't condemn him, if he had smoked a jumbo after the last game ...

OP
OP
T

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Twiddle, I did not create a thread about a Packers player to start a political discussion. There is NOTHING political about marijuana being a banned substance in the NFL. It is clearly written out in the CBA and always has been.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Please avoid making this in anyway political guys. We have already asked you politely. Thank you all. We dont want to have to lock it.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am almost 47 years old and never done anything drug wise including marijuana. (I have friends that do it)I do like my beer and that is my preference. All that being said, in today’s culture I admire the young man for owning up to his mistake like a man and not blaming it on something or someone else. We all have made mistakes in our lifetime. Maybe he will learn and move on. As my dad told me growing up “if you make a mistake one time we will sit down and talk about it and work through it. If you do it again,then WE have a problem”

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would get into a car with a stoned driver before a drunk one every time.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driving without a valid license is bad enough without the speeding charge. But driving 79 mph in a 55 mph zone will be caught every single time. Usually the letters DUI make people think of alcohol but this case shows it could mean any drug that can impair a person's ability to operate a vehicle. So I would call it a DUI in my book.

It has been my experience that those driving under the influence of marijuana alone generally drive around 27 mph regardless of the speed limit.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now Lance Kendricks got caught with weed. I'm all for making this stuff legal. But till then it's still illegal and these guys are just stupid. Can't resist staying away while they play what's already a pretty short career.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure is getting to be a lot of bad publicity for the league these days. Not hard to figure out why the average working class fan is getting turned off by these guys’ behavior on and off the field. I know I can’t touch the stuff because I could get a drug test at any given time at work and don’t want to risk losing my job, these guys are making millions and either just don’t care or don’t have the brains to resist. Add in a few **** victims, and then you have the wives girlfriends and kids getting beat up, the various protestors, and then you start to realize wow what a bunch of losers we are paying to watch!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure is getting to be a lot of bad publicity for the league these days. Not hard to figure out why the average working class fan is getting turned off by these guys’ behavior on and off the field. I know I can’t touch the stuff because I could get a drug test at any given time at work and don’t want to risk losing my job, these guys are making millions and either just don’t care or don’t have the brains to resist. Add in a few **** victims, and then you have the wives girlfriends and kids getting beat up, the various protestors, and then you start to realize wow what a bunch of losers we are paying to watch!
Wish I didn't have to agree...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

I'm actually starting to question who the actual "losers" are in all this. I think it was already a given that there seems to be a growing supply of losers playing in the NFL. Guys that can't play by the rules, despite being paid millions and knowing they are under the spotlight of the public. But maybe it us, the fans who should be labeled "Losers" here. Losers for being the ones investing our time and money into the sport?