1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

A Superbowl for Lambeau Field!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by G0PackG0, Aug 7, 2010.

1. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Everyone! Join my Facebook group! Tell your friends! Not just Packer fans but ALL NFL fans! The Frozen Tundra deserves a Superbowl! The group is called: Respect. A Superbowl for Lambeau Field.

2. Wolvi

Wolvi Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Did you see the Comishes comments on it? Not enough infrastructure to support such a huge event...sounds like it wont even be tabled as an option...I also think Lambeau deserves a shot!

3. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    Already joined :D

4. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    This subject was brought up a few months ago on the board. The majority of responses didn't think it was a good idea.

GB is just too cold. It will never happen. The only way it could be in Wisconsin is if it was in Miller Park.
    And besides, wouldn't it kinda hurt to see two other teams playing in the stadium of your team? Especially if one of them was a rival team. (Dallas, Minny, Bears etc.)

5. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    We can help make it happen. Join up and invite all your friends to join. If we can get to 100 we can get to 1000.
    Lambeau wont be around forever(sad I know) and it deserves to host the event the Packers helped create! No excuses! A Superbowl for Lambeau Field!

6. JasonClary

JasonClary Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Lambeau field has great historical significance. Especially with a Super Bowl being in NY (I absolutely hate the Jets), I don't see it as out of the question to see a SB in the frozen tundra

7. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    A milestone Super Bowl should be at Lambeau, like Super Bowl L. Will they really call it Super Bowl L?

8. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Depends if they run ou of X's. Superbowl XXXXXXVII? lol

9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    You need 25,000 hotel rooms within 60 miles to host a SB. Green Bay has 3,000 within 60 miles. It physically wont work. Green Bay has a better chance of hosting the iditarod.

10. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    Is that what they mean by not having the infrastructure?

I don't understand the desire for Lambeau to host the SB unless it would be the Pack playing in it for sure.
    What?
    Regular season and playoff games are not enough? :swoon2:

11. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Yea by infrastructure they mean hotels and parking mostly since Super Bowls are like week long events.