"A Seal here and a Seal here

justcallmedaddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and then run the ball...Through the alley"

I'm sure you packers fans know about the famous power sweep the 1960's Championship Packers ran, but the thing I want to know is about one of the most important people in the play.

When the packers ran that play they would pull the guard and they were lucky enough to have one of the best guards ever to pull in that play. When I see that Jerry Kramer ISNT in the Hall of Fame that only makes me think of 1 thing, Bob KuechenBerg. In my opinion these are 2 of the best Guards to ever play the game and I'm shocked they aren't in the hall of fame.

But my question is why hasn't Jerry Kramer made it to the Hall of Fame? Was there any reason for him not to be there? I had always thought that maybe the reason Jerry and Bob Kuechenberg didn't make it into the Hall of Fame was how much talent there was on their teams when they played that people thought there were too many of their teammates in the Hall of Fame and there shouldn't be anymore, I think that would be absolutely stupid.

So why isn't Jerry Kramer in the Hall of Fame?

nickfinity

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you happen to just get done watching the show on NFL Network of the top players not in the HoF? haha

OP
OP
justcallmedaddy

justcallmedaddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you happen to just get done watching the show on NFL Network of the top players not in the HoF? haha

Yes haha, but honestly I've watched both these players and honestly don't know why these players aren't in the Hall of Fame.

Why isn't he?

mcoomer146

Cheesehead
Reaction score
best way to start a conversation is to get fired up over a TV show...lol
There are a lot of reason deserving players don't get into the hall of fame.
Gale Sayers and Bo Jackson were dangerous running backs. Gale would cut and jerk and make people miss him then run away and Bo would either run around you or run over you, didnt matter to him he was getting into the endzone, but both only played 5 years. Gale is in and Bo is out. Why?
I would take it most people forgot about Jerry Kramer and Bob Kuechenberg for the reasons you stated. To much talent on the team.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the number of threads on this topic is close to the number of threads started for that Favre what should I do commercial

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because the HoF voters are demented.

Seriously, there's no clear explanation. One reason is because there are already 11 "Lombardi" Packers on the HOF. Another, even bigger reason, is because Kramer didn't get along with the media, and it only worsened when his book became a top selling.

The Hall of Fame voters are THAT petty. It's just a bunch of idiots with agendas to fill, usually their own.

Here's a good read about it: It's Time to Right this Wrong - Jerry Kramer Belongs in the NFL Hall of Fame | AllGreenBayPackers.Com

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts