A realization.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
The Packers cut a special teams player after a opening K/O TD, after the Colts win, Did any DB's get cut after this game? Or released?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My response was regarding "being the Titans for the next ten years."

We have not come close to the Titans' long term ineptitude. It's been about a year.

That year has also been better than what the Titans have been. 9-14 would be a good run for them.
Way to set the bar high. At least they decided to get serious and bring in a GM with a vision of improving, instead of operating the good ole boys club.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Way to set the bar high. At least they decided to get serious and bring in a GM with a vision of improving, instead of operating the good ole boys club.

I wasn't setting any standard for us. My original post was simply replying to a poster who claimed we will be like the Titans for 10 year, which is a big exaggeration after about a year of bad play.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think making the playoffs and getting beat in the wild card game is a nightmare scenario. Suddenly Murphy & company think all is well.

Hopefully the front office will make a thorough evaluation of the situation the Packers are in no matter how the season ends.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully the front office will make a thorough evaluation of the situation the Packers are in no matter how the season ends.

I have no confidence that they will. They will avoid any tough decisions for as long as possible.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no confidence that they will. They will avoid any tough decisions for as long as possible.
McMoron needs to start coaching as if his job is on the line.
Somehow he doesn't think it is.
Maybe it really isn't but I hope it is.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT stays ( Not that l approve) regardless. MM has had a very successful (Albeit underachieving ) tenure for the most part. If he picks a coach who totally bombs ( Ala Ray Rhodes) in year one, than maybe the heat is on. Not mentioning the fact Murphy would need the board to approve such a change.

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I talked to an avid fan/media member that went to the game yesterday. He told me he watched from high corner bleacher seats, and watched to see what was happening on the field in accordance with everything he has heard/seen on TV. He was astonished. He said he watched WR's running at 3/4ths speed and lollygagging the ENTIRE GAME. He could not believe that this was the NFL, and the GREEN BAY PACKERS. He claims that TT and MM had better get ready to pack. A clean house fire sale at WR is needed. They are ALL taking numerous plays off. This is heartbreaking - there is no spirit on this team any more on the offensive side of the ball. So.....Cobb, Nelson, Paddlehands, Richard Rodgers, Jeff Janis et al get ready - could be outs in titletown.

What if the receivers are tired of running routes only to have Rodgers only look at Jordy or just hold the ball or run. Not saying that this is OK but after awhile it has got to eat at you. You know you're open but the throw doesn't come. Then Rodgers yells at them or bashes them in the media when HE thinks they made a mistake. I think Rodgers is a bigger part of this whole problem than people realize.

Reaction score
There is a silver lining to the madness. Our division could have gotten away from us but we are very much alive in the North. Had MN won the last couple? We'd have zero chance of winning this division. Let's make a goal of getting into the playoffs and having 1-2 good games where we are a spoiler for teams that have written us off. Then we can lick our wounds in the offfseason and redirect

D

Deleted member 6794

Exactly, just like every year.

Well, let it put me this way, if the Packers continue to struggle for the rest of the season I hope the thorough evaluation results in different decisions.

What if the receivers are tired of running routes only to have Rodgers only look at Jordy or just hold the ball or run. Not saying that this is OK but after awhile it has got to eat at you. You know you're open but the throw doesn't come. Then Rodgers yells at them or bashes them in the media when HE thinks they made a mistake. I think Rodgers is a bigger part of this whole problem than people realize.

While Nelson has been Rodgers favorite target this season he has thrown 75.4% of his passes in a different direction.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts