1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

a new start

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by starr15, Aug 9, 2008.

1. starr15

starr15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    so two days from now is the packers first preseason game with cincinatti and they havent even figured out their starting tight end or their left guard or if their going to use their kicker as their punter this year

and they havent even figured out their base offense and defense so forget about the quarter back deal and start thinkin about whats still pending :talk:

2. PackinCheeseWhiz

PackinCheeseWhiz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats what preseason is for..Players interviewing for there jobs over 4 games.
    We will be fine.

3. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54

lol, WHAT?? Our starting tight end is Donald Lee, no question about it. Our kicker is Mason Crosby and our Punter is John Ryan . . . no question about it.

Josh Sitton is pushing for a starting guard spot and competing with Spitz, Colledge, Coston, and others. The official starter probably won't be decided until the beginning of the season.

Do you pay attention at all? lol.

4. starr15

starr15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah i do obviously you dont have nfl live i get packer feed 24/7 and i know what needs to be done

5. zoogies

zoogies Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Clearly.

6. Packers_Finland

Packers_Finland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    WTF Starr? Of course everything isn't clear yet, it's pre-season. Mason Crosby is our kicker no doubt.

7. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If you aren't certain on who our Kicker is, you haven't been watching your "Packer feed 24/7".

8. DoddPower

Ratings:
    +54

lol, don't take it personally man, but you were either kiddin', or you don't know what's going on. We have like one maybe two positions that are up for grabs, guard and defensive tackle and that's it. Everything else is pretty solid. If not set, then we know it will be either one guy or another, such as Nick Colins or Aaron Rouse at safety, or Poppinga or Chiller at Weak LB. Pretty solid roster if you ask me.

So, if you have the "24/7 Packer Feed," maybe you should turn it on sometimes! =) Starting tight end and kicker for a punter?? WHHHAAAAT??? lol.

:D :D :D

9. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What about our starting QB :D :rofl: (sorry)
    The position that intriges me the most is the safety battle. This has been a bit of a weakness in the past but I see some good young talent battling it out. Also the nickle corner could be a battle

10. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I literally checked the year of the original post after I read your opening paragraph. You can't be serious with this crap.... ?

11. shanks2122

shanks2122 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    is there really that much of a battle between chillar and poppinga, i haven't heard much so i am just assuming poppinga is the starter.

And yes i know they haven't even played the first pre-season game.

12. DoddPower

Ratings:
    +54
    Probably not as much as we would like to imagine. I just really hope that Poppinga can be an effective pass rusher. It would seem at this point that we need such to help compensate for injuries on the defensive line.