A little love for Mason Crosby?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have not been paying attention to this thread but we should probably get rid of Crosby right away since he missed an extra point. No excuse for that.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
While it probably will go pretty much unnoticed, Crosby also made a great tackle on the proceeding kickoff. If he isn't there and or doesn't make that tackle, I doubt Jackson brings Agnew down. If that went for a TD who knows how the game ends.

JK Scott please allow Captain Crosby to teach you to tackle. :coffee:

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While it probably will go pretty much unnoticed, Crosby also made a great tackle on the proceeding kickoff. If he isn't there and or doesn't make that tackle, I doubt Jackson brings Agnew down. If that went for a TD who knows how the game ends.

I don't know if there is any stat that keeps track of kicker tacking ability, but my impressionistic view is that Crosby is among the better tackling kickers in the league. I'll never forget his forced fumble tackle against the Vikings in 2015.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if there is any stat that keeps track of kicker tacking ability, but my impressionistic view is that Crosby is among the better tackling kickers in the league. I'll never forget his forced fumble tackle against the Vikings in 2015.

Matt Bosher is the best tackling kicker I’ve ever seen in my life.

I still remember when he was at Miami and he got the team MVP as a kicker/punter. Sad days as a Miami fan, but that dude could hit stick people.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matt Bosher is the best tackling kicker I’ve ever seen in my life.

I still remember when he was at Miami and he got the team MVP as a kicker/punter. Sad days as a Miami fan, but that dude could hit stick people.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Give the man a raise!!!

Edit: jk.... sort of

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Can you imagine if Lombardi had been coach when Scott made those feeble attempts at tackling? He’d have spent all week at the front of the line in the nutcracker drill.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Can you imagine if Lombardi had been coach when Scott made those feeble attempts at tackling? He’d have spent all week at the front of the line in the nutcracker drill.

Tackling aside, Scott has been kind of a disappointment, I really thought he would turn into one of the better punters in the league. Stats wise he probably isn't as bad as he seems, but you couple it with really poor coverage and it makes him look worse.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In addition to hitting every field goal attempt so far this season, Crosby is also averaging 64.7 yards per kickoff, a career high, and a touchback percentage of 65.6%, also a career high.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
*whispering as to not alert the football gods* he's having a great year and is mr. clutch.

I about fell off my chair! I thought you were posting that about Aaron Rodgers!!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He kicked two game winners against the Lions last season, and tied a career long this season. Clutch against a division opponent.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts