A List of Things That Green Bay Packers Fans have to be Thankful for this Thanksgiving

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That we are not Browns fans.

That the season is not over yet and we still have a chance.
I know but you gotta keep on thinking positive until it's official that you can no longer think positive.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That we are not Browns fans.

That the season is not over yet and we still have a chance.
I know but you gotta keep on thinking positive until it's official that you can no longer think positive.

If our season comes to an end soon, we get to look forward to whatever epic meltdown will end the Vikings' season.

(Sorry Raptorman if you see this. A thankful Packer fan thread needed a Viking joke).

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If our season comes to an end soon, we get to look forward to whatever epic meltdown will end the Vikings' season.

(Sorry Raptorman if you see this. A thankful Packer fan thread needed a Viking joke).
In our divis. I think the order of preference for some or most Packers fans would be:
Packers.
Lions.

That's it.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That the Packers have had a very long run of terrific QB play and that Rodgers will be back soon to cover up for McCarthy. That Kenny Clark's injury wasn't as serious as feared. That the Bears are still terrible. Uhhmmm, that the Packers might have the best pass-blocking LT in the NFL (with Joe Thomas hurt). I'm sure I'll think of more later.

OP
OP
JLW_51

JLW_51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, that's great. Can I just refer folks to it next time the Gory Years are brought up so I don't have to go through the standard explanation of why they weren't as bad as they say?
Great that you have nothing to complain about and that you are happy with what is going on.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would someone come to complain in a place there supposed to give thanks? I guess if complaining brings happiness... :)

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was an awful list after the first two.

All it did was re-package the normal recent complaints.

IMO they were masking criticism by pretending they were thankful. Kinda crappy from my point of view.

We can always find something to be thankful for. I am also thankful for beating the Seahawks the last few times especially last season when Wilson threw...5 interceptions.(?) I was thankful to see the defense come out swinging in the first game this year. They also fought hard in the Ravens' game.

I am also thankful for the wins in Dallas. Especially thankful to get to see the greatest football player in the league mastermind the comeback in that game.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO they were masking criticism by pretending they were thankful. Kinda crappy from my point of view.

We can always find something to be thankful for. I am also thankful for beating the Seahawks the last few times especially last season when Wilson threw...5 interceptions.(?) I was thankful to see the defense come out swinging in the first game this year. They also fought hard in the Ravens' game.

I am also thankful for the wins in Dallas. Especially thankful to get to see the greatest football player in the league mastermind the comeback in that game.

Again, the same sort of thing we did during the Gory Years - a win here, a win there, especially over certain rivals, were things to be celebrated.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I give thank for 3 things as a 61 year old life long Packer fan...... Lombardi..... Favre..... Rodgers

After the big 3 there are a plethora of other things, SCORE x2+ of Lombardi era Packers.... James Lofton, John Brockington, Donald Driver, Holmy, Reggie, Henderson, Coffman, Bad Moon, Jackson, Majik, Mac Lane, Chester, LeRoy, Carr, The Stork, Woodson.Desmond Howard I'm just getting started .... I'm a lucky lucky man/fan!!!

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, the same sort of thing we did during the Gory Years - a win here, a win there, especially over certain rivals, were things to be celebrated.

That is what all footballl fans do. It is like in college football, Ohio State fans are happier about beating Michigan than anyone else on their regular season schedule. If you have to pick only one game you can win, it has to be the Bears, and we did that.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thankful that I can watch every Green Bay Packers game from the comfort of my living room regardless of their record.
I'm thankful that all 3 of my kids grew up to be Packers fans.
I'm thankful that I have been able to bring my wife and kids to games at Lambeau field.
I'm thankful to Curley Lambeau and his vision of what could be.
I'm thankful to the family that took me to my first Packers game in 1956.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thankful for the Packers organization and the commitment to winning

That the NFL is a highly competitive and complex sport that promotes parity. Leading to far more interest in the sport in general.

Clark, king, and Martinez all look like promising defensive players.

That me and my family will get to a game or two each year and will cherish the memories for the rest of our lives, whether they win or lose.

That some people are not involved with the Packers organization and relegated to posting their opinions on some lowbrow website.

That properly used punctuation and sentence structure can help in the reader's ability to understand a paragraph.

And finally, that the Packers have provided a lot to cheer about over the years, exciting games/plays, and countless opportunities for friends and family to gather and enjoy life.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
And finally, that the Packers have provided a lot to cheer about over the years, exciting games/plays, and countless opportunities for friends and family to gather and enjoy life.
I hadn't thought of this but they give instant camaraderie to millions around the world if one sees the colors or insignia on another person. No other small Midwestern American city has that ability. I can't think off hand of another small city brand that is instantly recognized globally.
Actually upon reflection I can but they are very few. Corningware, Kohler plumbing, various food related, Amana. But nobody spends a vacation to go there for a week.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hadn't thought of this but they give instant camaraderie to millions around the world if one sees the colors or insignia on another person. No other small Midwestern American city has that ability. I can't think off hand of another small city brand that is instantly recognized globally.
Actually upon reflection I can but they are very few. Corningware, Kohler plumbing, various food related, Amana. But nobody spends a vacation to go there for a week.
Just spent a week at the resort at Kohler. Recommended to me by an old guy i was chatting with in P u n t a Cana a couple of years ago.

Ps why does p u n t a ***** get deleted?

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm thankful that we, fans worldwide, even HAVE the Geen Bay Packers. Particularly being from and living in Packerland...because truly, if it weren't for the Packers, Green Bay is Duluth. Now Duluth is a beautiful town... I lived there for a year...but it's not the same thing. Go Pack.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The top 5 list of things the Packers should certainly be thankful for:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. AR
3. Discount Double Check
5. The baaaaaaaad man

Members online

Latest posts