A List of Things That Green Bay Packers Fans have to be Thankful for this Thanksgiving

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am thankful for Aaron Rodgers' ongoing recovery from surgery. After only three weeks he was out of a sling; after six weeks he was taking snaps in practice. So far he has not had any setbacks.

Something else to be thankful for is winning at Chicago despite not having #12, preventing Brett Hundley from being winless as a starter.

OP
OP
JLW_51

JLW_51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Limited in space, but lets be honest, for this season, not a lot to be thankful for.

Reaction score
Limited in space, but lets be honest, for this season, not a lot to be thankful for.
Let me get this right. This Thanksgiving you are thankful for being able to find the fault in others and call them out in the name of “Honesty or “Truth”?
This is going to be a longer year than I originally thought :whistling:

OP
OP
JLW_51

JLW_51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't see a lot of positive in what is going on. Not sure if you saw the game on Sunday.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't see a lot of positive in what is going on. Not sure if you saw the game on Sunday.
I saw a defense that has not given up 100 yards rushing per game since the bye week. I see an ILB that spearheaded that effort along with the other front 6.
I saw a defense learning how to win a game though it did not happen.
I see an offensive line developing depth through effort.
I saw a rookie RB seizing the position until he blew his MCL.
I see an OL learning to run block.
I see WRs standing wide open although the current QB does not.

OP
OP
JLW_51

JLW_51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beating the Seahawks and Cowboys is pretty cool too.
Boy, that Cowboys game seems like a long time ago. I really have been happy with how Adams has stood out this season, I forgot Cobb, he has seemed to pep up since Rodgers has been out. I thought Nelson might do more.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was an awful list after the first two.

All it did was re-package the normal recent complaints.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You think maybe they cut Cobb or Nelson to keep Adams?
I don't think they need to. If they resign Adams it will come down to whether or not they can get a deal done that both sides think is fair based on the current numbers. Cobb and Nelson will be evaluated on their own merits. While personally, I think Cobb will still be here, his salary is quite high compared to his production.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
You think maybe they cut Cobb or Nelson to keep Adams?
They have $12m cap space yet this season plus $33m available for next. Most likely $20m of next seasons's space will be spent before the end of camp. I'm not sure of the carryover from this year to next.

OP
OP
JLW_51

JLW_51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have $12m cap space yet this season plus $33m available for next. Most likely $20m of next seasons's space will be spent before the end of camp. I'm not sure of the carryover from this year to next.
So, they should have enough room for all three, although wouldn't be shocked if they ask Cobb or Nelson to take a cut. I think Adams is a must at this point, don't you guys?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, that's great. Can I just refer folks to it next time the Gory Years are brought up so I don't have to go through the standard explanation of why they weren't as bad as they say?

Members online

Latest posts