A.J. Dillon tests positive for COVID-19 [OP from 11/2020]

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Per Twitter, 4 days ago he was at practice but not practicing. Maybe we see him get into some action this week. A good sign anyway.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys can we stick to football related covid or dillon specifically here, broad covid discussions better placed elsewhere.
Good point Ty. I was guilty of straying off football-related covid stuff. As for the Packers, it seems like they've been pretty fortunate, Dillon excepted. But considering that he actually had Covid, it's a pretty strong indicator of not just the safety protocols implemented in GB, but that the players are following them.

With the success the team has had this year, I'd hate to see a player(s) impacted to the point where it hurts the players or the team. It feels like we've been walking on eggshells all season.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Big Ten was very hesitant to allow football this fall because of the potential long-term heart issues. It is puuuuure speculation on my part, but that could be part of what Dillon is dealing with.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Big Ten was very hesitant to allow football this fall because of the potential long-term heart issues. It is puuuuure speculation on my part, but that could be part of what Dillon is dealing with.
Scary to think about. Covid can do a lot of weird and very bad stuff. I hope Dillon is ok, but it has been a lengthy absence.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope not GnG. That said, Dillon was out for what seemed like a very long time, especially given his age, health, and how long it took other players to get back. Bottom line is still the same - this virus is nothing to mess with.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The CDC estimates the total infection fatality rate, including the vulnerable and aged, around 99.98%. Even among the 70+ age bracket, it's conservatively 95+%.

The danger of this virus is grossly overstated. It doesn't help that so many deaths have been attributed to it when other causes were involved. But when hospitals get reimbursed more money for "covid" deaths, that'll happen.
My daughters friends brother, an active runner and soccer player in his 30’s scoffed at the virus and the vaccine, (his parents are MAGA crazies) he contracted it months ago, it’s lingering, and he’s been told he’ll likely be on oxygen at least at night for the rest of his life. It’s not just the confirmed deaths (which are signuficantly UNDER counted), this disease will maim or incapacitate many fold more for life. But thanks for your opinion Dr. Dante

Reaction score
My fault. Just deleted mine. I thought this was recent Dillon news had no idea this was last year! That explains why someone said we had a Thursday game!
I was like what?? thought we got moved after the bye!:laugh:

What the Football team!

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My fault. Just deleted mine. I thought this was recent Dillon news had no idea this was last year! That explains why someone said we had a Thursday game!
I was like what?? thought we got moved after the bye!:laugh:

What the Football team!
don't feel bad. I looked at the date Dec. 7 on these posts and thought to myself this site's date is messed up, it's only Dec. 4.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
My daughters friends brother, an active runner and soccer player in his 30’s scoffed at the virus and the vaccine, (his parents are MAGA crazies) he contracted it months ago, it’s lingering, and he’s been told he’ll likely be on oxygen at least at night for the rest of his life. It’s not just the confirmed deaths (which are signuficantly UNDER counted), this disease will maim or incapacitate many fold more for life. But thanks for your opinion Dr. Dante

So presumably if I give you an anecdote, then I’ll get to be right.

Listen, if you want Covid to be your religion, that’s your business. But you can keep your fear ****, and you can definitely shove your “Dr. Dante” right back where it came from.

As if hysterics like you are the only ones allowed an opinion.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
My Aunt’s boss’s baby mama’s great grandfather is 102 and he got covid and now he can run a 5 minute mile, so…

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was an avid runner for years and this would have been a devastating diagnosis. Well it's a devastating diagnosis if you're a runner or not. It's a shame Covid had to be made into a political football. I lost a friend, age 62, this summer to Covid. He didn't get vaxxed because he thought the government was putting microchips in the vaccines. Seriously. So he died a horrible, and unnecessary, death - and who knows how many other people he infected. It's a shame really.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder which is worse. Getting infected by the disease itself or getting infected by the science deniers or those who pretend to deny science for political reasons.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Worse than that is still people that can’t follow instructions my 5 year old can.

Again, this is from a season ago. They’ve asked multiple times in every Covid thread to stop, but some still can’t.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Worse than that is still people that can’t follow instructions my 5 year old can.

Again, this is from a season ago. They’ve asked multiple times in every Covid thread to stop, but some still can’t.

Idk I think its a good thing if people talk about things...

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder which is worse. Getting infected by the disease itself or getting infected by the science deniers or those who pretend to deny science for political reasons.

This right here is the problem.

If you disagree with the hysteria, you're a "science denier."

And on the other extreme side, if you agree with any mitigation, you're a communist.

Both extreme sides, politically, want to deny certain realities that aren't convenient to their agenda. And both extreme sides think the other side is the only one doing that.

But the pattern I've noticed is the aggression to silence people who aren't fully on board with the mitigation efforts. It's disturbing.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no talk, it’s take shots at whoever doesn’t see things like you do.

Ok i agree thats why i liked dantes last comment...but still I think its better to allow for the possibility of discussion than to just ban the topic altogether...

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So presumably if I give you an anecdote, then I’ll get to be right.

Listen, if you want Covid to be your religion, that’s your business. But you can keep your fear ****, and you can definitely shove your “Dr. Dante” right back where it came from.

As if hysterics like you are the only ones allowed an opinion.
Well mine in based on medical science, (the anecdotes provide supporting actual occurrnces). I don’t live in hysteria at all. I’m triple vaxxed and living in a safe responsible manner. About to go social distance in Hawaii for a good part of the winter where that should be pretty easy. You’re spreading nutjob nonsense with no factual basis whatsoever but hey… enjoy “Doc”

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well mine in based on medical science, (the anecdotes provide supporting actual occurrnces). I don’t live in hysteria at all. I’m triple vaxxed and living in a safe responsible manner. About to go social distance in Hawaii for a good part of the winter where that should be pretty easy. You’re spreading nutjob nonsense with no factual basis whatsoever but hey… enjoy “Doc”

Whoa whoa nothing dude said went against "science" he simply used the stats that are available in the mainstream media

Stat #1 total cases: 266,103,394

Stat #2 total deaths: 5,270,516

Stat #3 overall mortality rate: (total deaths divided by total cases) .01980627124

You cant argue against the numbers provided by "medical science" can you?

Now im not saying covid isnt real or is cover to inject people with microchips im just saying those are the numbers plain and simple...and while over 5 million died of covid since it began...over 8 million died of starvation in 2021.

And no matter what you think you gotta realize starvation deaths are 100% preventable while covid deaths are not, so tell me why have we not stopped starvation from claiming so many lives every year?

But on another note Hawaii sounds awesome!!! I hope to make it there someday, have a great time, im sure you will...

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

You’re in a cult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts