1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

5 worst free agent signings in packer history

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Mar 22, 2012.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,131
  2. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,476
    As the article states, Sherman was terrible at both the draft and free agency. TT is great at drafting, decent at free agency. Wold was pretty good at drafting and pretty good at free agency. While some of us clamor for the big FA, I think that TT knows it's one of his weaknesses and just stays out of the game to focus on drafting.

It's also important to note the Wolf was outstanding at picking up the street free agents during the season when a hole was identified in the O-line or elsewhere. TT hasn't matched that success yet, but also rarely breaks the FA $$ piggybank.

3. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,277
    IMO Wolf was much better at UFA and Thompson is better at the draft and UDFA.

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,131
    The only in season pick up that paid off that I can think of is Howard Green. For TT I mean.

5. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Ted hasn't signed another teams free agents since 2007 I believe. So he gets an B for the draft from me an an incomplete on free agency.

6. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +840
    They have the correct number on one of those top 5 worst signings but the wrong name. #5O.