#5 pick a no brainier

mrhustle11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
after i saw the results from the nfl combine the packers better select mario williams. They said that they had to date back to reggie white to compare the numbers williams posted. All of his numbers williams put up were better than peppers. I would love to have aj hawk but i think the packers gotta take williams. Also the kampman situation doesnt look good

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=404619

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree mrhustle. The Packers gotta go with Super Mario. We will still need to pick up a LB in the offseason, but Mario is a beast and we need him to compliment KGB on the flip side. Kamp is a good player, but isnt gonna get a boat load of money from any team. :chug:

NCPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have seen Williams play, but not in the combine. I think he would be an exceptional choice. I would also LOVE to have Hawk. This guy hits hard and is a ball hawk. To me I was a little more impressed with Hawk this season then Williams

But like I said I havent seen the combine at all either so either is a great pick in my book

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Numbers don't mean ****. I wouldn't ***** if they picked Mario but there is something about the guy that worries me. Why did he have a slow first half senior season? Is there a motivational problem? Does he take plays off?

I can assure you of one thing. A.J. Hawk doesn't take plays off nor will anyone question his motivation. Go with the sure thing.....go with the FOOTBALL PLAYER.....go with Hawk!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Numbers aren't everything I agree....but they aren't sh*t either. If they were, they sure wouldn't hold the combine and test out just about everything imaginable and put it into data somehow...

Mario looks like a solid player and so does Hawk. I don't think the Packers go wrong with either player. I'm curious to see if TT is bluffing on taking a QB if one drops to #5.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ND wrote: I'm curious to see if TT is bluffing on taking a QB if one drops to #5.

That's just it, this time of year, there is so much smoke shot up each others' _____ that who the hell knows what will go on draft day. TT seems like a good poker player to me!

Did anyone happen to notice the top TE's 4.3 forty time? Michael Huff S is a hell of a player along with Hawk. Either of those guys would make me smile. The only thing that is going to make me throw my cheese brick on draft day is if we draft a quarterback with our #1 pick. The DT from Oregon would not make me happy either, because I think he already has a bum knee.

NCPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he is bluffing about taking a QB. I am one of those optimists that think Rodgers can play for our team. He just needs time, I thinkI feel

I also feel Hawk is the sure thing. Williams just hasnt proved, TO ME, what Hawk has.

OP
OP
M

mrhustle11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
another point is that the LB's are very deep in this draft. We could possibly get bobby carpenter, thomas howard, or a kai parham in the 2nd round. also i wouldnt mind throwing a pick at marcus vick. I thought the same thing about adrian mcpherson last year but the only difference is that marcus was actually thought to be a better pro than his brother. I would throw a late 3rd (if we trade down) or a 4th at vick. It sounds like we are going to have to find a 3rd string qb anyways cause nall might be gone

NCPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldnt even think about getting Marcus Vick. He is trouble and not worth a dime. I dont think he is ready for the NFL either. I would hate to see him in a GB uniform.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mrhustle11 said:
another point is that the LB's are very deep in this draft. We could possibly get bobby carpenter, thomas howard, or a kai parham in the 2nd round. also i wouldnt mind throwing a pick at marcus vick. I thought the same thing about adrian mcpherson last year but the only difference is that marcus was actually thought to be a better pro than his brother. I would throw a late 3rd (if we trade down) or a 4th at vick. It sounds like we are going to have to find a 3rd string qb anyways cause nall might be gone

You have got to be kidding me!
Marcus Vick is a criminal and not just a criminal but a REALLY DUMB criminal.
You would draft this punk in the 3rd or 4th round, get real!
The Green Bay Packers don't need anything that resembles this guy, he is a walking time bomb.

Quite possibly someone, (the Raiders?) will take a flyer on him in maybe the 7th round at best.
Quite possibly due to his history he will go undrafted.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Numbers don't mean ****. I wouldn't ***** if they picked Mario but there is something about the guy that worries me. Why did he have a slow first half senior season? Is there a motivational problem? Does he take plays off?

I can assure you of one thing. A.J. Hawk doesn't take plays off nor will anyone question his motivation. Go with the sure thing.....go with the FOOTBALL PLAYER.....go with Hawk!

I have to be with you 100%, maybe Mario have a chnce to be the next Reggie,, this I really doubt, BUT AFTER I WATCHED Aj. Hawk I just remembered Ray 66 I am really would be much happier if we get Hawk I really like your point: WE MUST GO WITH THE FOOTBALL PLAYER, and this guy is a football player with energizer batteries !!!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to go wrong with either Hawk or Williams...and they both appear to be excited about the prospect of donning Green and Gold.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both of them had great workouts at the combine. Williams probably would have been the story of yesterday's workouts without the freakish numbers put up by Vernon Davis. All in all, I think Hawk is the safer pick, but guys with pass rush ability are rarely found outside the top 5 of the draft which is why I think TT will take Williams.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's face it, when it comes to football, it all starts on the line, whether OL or DL. I'd rather take Williams than AJ. Our LB's and DB's would enjoy having less time to cover people if Williams can produce in the NFL. With Brett on the fence and a new QB at the helm possibly, we better work on our D, then our running game. My only concern is that we've been trying to get a good DE for the last 7 years and have not been able to accomplish that goal. Williams may break that trend if he's available for us.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Williams had the "motor"' I would be all for drafting him.
The rumor,and we all know about rumors, is he doesn't play every down.

That is not a knock on Hawke.
I'm suspicious about Mario Williams.

It appears to me that with "Teddy" allowing Kampmann to leave that he has made up his mind.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not believe Hawk is going to be our pick at # for these reasons:

1. 3 quarterbacks taken out of the first 4 picks.
2. Reggie Bush occupies the other top 4 pick.
3. At the fifth pick you have blue chip prospects at LT and DE who have had awesome post bowl game workouts.

I just don't see our general manager ignoring this. I believe coveted draft picks go in this order QB, LT, CB, and then DE. Linebacker is much further down the list.

I respect all of you that want Hawk and believe he is a great football player, but I just don't see it happening with the 5th pick. If we land Hawk in the draft, you can count on an additional 2nd rounder for TT to play with because he traded down.

Packer fans need to hope for 3 quarterbacks being drafted ahead of them and we are in a no lose situation.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with DePack. Hawk is much more of a sure thing. Williams is potentially an awesome player, but he worries me a little. There have been a lot of big-time college DE's who bombed in the pros, but really good linebackers like Hawk almost always do well in the NFL.

The Packers should get one of these two players. Worst-case scenario is that both Williams AND Hawk get taken in the top four, which is not out of the question considering how Vince Young's stock is beginning to fall (no surprise, considering that it was so high mainly because of his performance in one game).

Trading down doesn't seem like a good idea because San Francisco picks next, and they would love to get their hands on either Hawk or Williams--whichever one is left.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldnt say its a no brainer but it would help tremndously we have no pass rush and with willams we might

Latest posts