5 Moves for Every NFC North Team over the Offseason

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I realize peterson is 32. But his will power is damn near, second to none. You simply do not underestimate people like that.

He wont be touching the ball 20 plus times a game. And as mentioned a while back, he wont be facing 7 or 8 guys in the box every down. In fact he will be facing nickel and dime packages every down with #12 and our wrs, and hopefully cook wreckin mofos....

I dont understand how he doesnt fit our scheme? Explain this to me.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What will ap cost...? Is he still a 10mil guy to some team? I peronally really think he would be a interesting pickup with huge upside. But for 10 i would pass.
He isnt coming here to be a work horse. He would come here to get the same touches our stud lacy was getting. Only ap is ap. He will make those 14 carries count! No lack of conditioning or dedication with ap... He pushes everyone around him by leading from example.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I realize peterson is 32. But his will power is damn near, second to none. You simply do not underestimate people like that.

He wont be touching the ball 20 plus times a game. And as mentioned a while back, he wont be facing 7 or 8 guys in the box every down. In fact he will be facing nickel and dime packages every down with #12 and our wrs, and hopefully cook wreckin mofos....

The concern over scheme is that Peterson has never been able to run nearly as well out of the shotgun as he does from formations with the QB under center. Rodgers is the focal point of GB's offense and works out of the shotgun a lot.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The concern over scheme is that Peterson has never been able to run nearly as well out of the shotgun as he does from formations with the QB under center. Rodgers is the focal point of GB's offense and works out of the shotgun a lot.
Im sure he could adjust. Especially considering the attention the pass attack gets in gb.

Im personally still leaning towards lacy. But i think the low value we place on him will send him to fa.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No issue if we get Lacy on a non guaranteed contract filled with incentives. AP has no value at this point. Draft another to contend. But no point in paying an over the hill rb.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Im sure he could adjust. Especially considering the attention the pass attack gets in gb.

Im personally still leaning towards lacy. But i think the low value we place on him will send him to fa.

Why would you be sure that a guy at his age who has been that way his entire career could just adjust now?

D

Deleted member 6794

I guarantee that signing two free agents aged 32 in Peterson and Revis won't improve the Packers chances to win another Super Bowl.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guarantee that signing two free agents aged 32 in Peterson and Revis won't improve the Packers chances to win another Super Bowl.

Unless they both reverted to their all-pro prime days.
Which, unfortunately, is extremely unlikely.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
For some reason though, if Belichek did it, it would work out for him. Wonder which direction his soul will go after he no longer needs it.

D

Deleted member 6794

For some reason though, if Belichek did it, it would work out for him. Wonder which direction his soul will go after he no longer needs it.

Even Belichick decided it was time to move on from Revis already three years ago.

D

Deleted member 6794

Wasn't Revis due QB type money at that time?

True, Revis would have been paid $20 million and counted $25 million against the cap in 2015 but the Patriots could have renegotiated the contract instead of taking $5 million in dead money if they were interested in retaining him.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Hindsight is always 20/20 but when I just read this old article on Heyward that was written 11 months ago, its kind of scary just how accurate the author was. Although, he totally missed when predicting what Heyward would ultimately sign for with the Chargers.

"If he would take something slightly lower though, maybe closer to the $8 million-per-season range, that could be a starting point for realistic negotiations on a return. "

https://lombardiave.com/2016/03/10/should-packers-resign-casey-hayward/

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

He was never able to adjust in MN what makes you think he could do so in Green Bay? Peterson runs best when he is 7 yards back behind the LOS and the QB is under center. He is not a good pass blocker. I don't see any upside to him going to Green Bay, not for the Packers and not for Peterson.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would you be sure that a guy at his age who has been that way his entire career could just adjust now?
Like i said. With 8 in the box and the vikes qbs , he had to be 7 yds back to see the hole and get a head of steam to hit that line hard... In gb he will face 4 or 5 in the box most plays. He has a hole, and peterson will turn it into a big gain most the time...

D

Deleted member 6794

Like i said. With 8 in the box and the vikes qbs , he had to be 7 yds back to see the hole and get a head of steam to hit that line hard... In gb he will face 4 or 5 in the box most plays. He has a hole, and peterson will turn it into a big gain most the time...

While most opponents don't stack the box vs. the Packers they don't have only four or five guys there either.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is getting silly.
What's silly is how you jokers can completely disregard Adrian freaking Peterson, because some scheme excuse. It's bull.
Favre went from 20+ ints a year to single digit, late in his career. So don't claim to know what a hof player can do.

I'm going to say also. If Peterson can only run from 7 or 8 yds back. As some seem to believe here. Then here's a crazy thought... play him there! I think we would be SHOCKED at what a rb like Peterson would do to open up the field and stop the blitzing. Don't need a rb to stay behind and block when you have a rb the dl and lbs MUST respect, coupled with a qb like Rodger's and receivers like ours... now we have enough quality tes to play 2 te sets.....

But never mind. Peterson couldn't play at all when asked to play 4 yds deep in the shotgun. That's just silly right guys?

OP
OP
Reggie White Cheese

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought this thread was an out of the box idea from the start when I posted it but the more i look at it, a 2 year deal wouldn't be out of the possibility, presuming Lacy leaves. Yes he is 32, yes he is injury prone, but can you imagine the fire power the offense could be even more with the additions of the two TE. Now lets not overlook the glarring holes at defense though

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While most opponents don't stack the box vs. the Packers they don't have only four or five guys there either.
Packers play 4 or 5 in the box all the time. That's called the capers 2/4/5 defense. With everyone back in coverage. Then we rely on our tweener dbs to tackle well...

Funny how we play that defense against offenses that are trying to keep up with Rodger's. But according to you, opposing defenses keep at least 6 in the box against Rodger's himself.... not a qb trying to keep up with Rodger's, but actually Rodger's...

That tells me our 2/4/5 scheme sucks.

Also tells me that Rodger's would eat teams alive with 6 in the box consistently to guard against a rb like peterson, and try to rush the qb....

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm going to say also. If Peterson can only run from 7 or 8 yds back. As some seem to believe here. Then here's a crazy thought... play him there!

The Packers offense is centered around the passing game. There's no reason to take the ball out of the best player in the league in Rodgers to accomodate a 32 year old running back in Peterson.

Packers play 4 or 5 in the box all the time. That's called the capers 2/4/5 defense. With everyone back in coverage. Then we rely on our tweener dbs to tackle well...

Geez, linung up in a nickle defense doesn't result in a team having only four or five players in the box at the time of the snap.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts