49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every place where one lives, from the geographical location to the dwelling, has it's pros and cons.
I could easily list my reasons for not liking Wisconsin starting with how just about everyone feels like they have to kill every innocent wild animal that walks, swims or flies.
(There is talk of starting to go out and murder the beautiful Sandhill Cranes for Crikey sakes! Enough is enough.)
I am an equal opportunity insulter or I like to try and look at certain things from more than one point of view sometimes.
So I won't give SanFrancrisco any kind of wrath since I really enjoyed my time there and I have family that lives in the area.
Now Detroit?
Now that's a sorry city that deserves it's criticism.

Maybe putting down rival team's cities belong over in the Smack area.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
please check out post #263 of this thread and tell me if you thought it was funny
I don't feel one way or the other about that.

It looks like you were laughing at that pic of what looks like Nancy Kerrigan.

I'm not a fan of figure skating but I do respect it and enjoy watching it when I catch a glimpse.
What those athletes do is incredible and is something to be admired and not laughed at when one of them is hurt weather or not it's intentional.

Frankly, I think it takes more skill, strength and talent to do this on two thin blades on slippery ice than to grab a ball and run on solid ground.
I'm not putting down football. Still like it. But this is to be admired.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every place where one lives, from the geographical location to the dwelling, has it's pros and cons.
I could easily list my reasons for not liking Wisconsin starting with how just about everyone feels like they have to kill every innocent wild animal that walks, swims or flies.
(There is talk of starting to go out and murder the beautiful Sandhill Cranes for Crikey sakes! Enough is enough.)
I am an equal opportunity insulter or I like to try and look at certain things from more than one point of view sometimes.
So I won't give SanFrancrisco any kind of wrath since I really enjoyed my time there and I have family that lives in the area.
Now Detroit?
Now that's a sorry city that deserves it's criticism.

Maybe putting down rival team's cities belong over in the Smack area.

this^

Should be considered a peace offering. Were now 14 pages into this thread. all the Smack Talk has been non existing for the most part. I come in peace.

Last edited:
OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm not a fan of figure skating but I do respect it and enjoy watching it when I catch a glimpse.
What those athletes do is incredible and is something to be admired and not laughed at when one of them is hurt weather or not it's intentional.

Frankly, I think it takes more skill, strength and talent to do this on two thin blades on slippery ice than to grab a ball and run on solid ground.

**** bro ill watch any sport were the women wear short skirts and put their legs up in the air.:cool:

Last edited:
OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
No just the important ones are from The Coast

Richard Nixon ... Jerry "moon man" Brown ...

Matter of fact, I believe it was Nixon himself who made a derisive statement about California being home to all the "fruits and nuts". Hey... just sayin' ...

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Hey peeps.

I haven't been here since the playoffs last year so I figured I'd check in. Just over a week till we get this thing started!!

No smack talk from me...I think this is gonna be one hell of a game. I know the Packers have a huge target on the Niners chest after losing to them twice and the manner in which they lost the playoff game. I am in no way expecting a repeat of that game. Capers will have the Pack ready this time. It remains to be seen tho if Harbaugh/Roman have something new up their sleeve.

I do have a question for you guys...

I just saw that Harris was placed on IR. The Niners had the most trouble with big, strong RBs last season (Lynch, Peterson, Jackson) and I thought the pick of Eddie Lacy could be a really good move for them. Just curious how he's looked thus far. I know he's had a toe issue.

You've got a lot of nerve coming here with my sign on. ;) I believe we had this discussion last year.

Hey, regarding the big, strong running backs ... honestly Marv, against weaker defenses, Lacy looked pretty impressive. Against the Seahawks 1st team defense and the Pack's 2nd team O-line ... he looked pretty human. Unfortunately, in my opinion, the Pack's O-line isn't coached to run a power running game. I wouldn't worry too much about the Pack's supposed resurgent running game. That isn't to say that Lacy MIGHT be able to do it all on his own...

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would not surprise me to see the 49'ers take a step back. They have lost their top wr, have been lucky with injuries and are in a division that has the Hawks with a top D and just as impressive a QB as we have seen in a while. They have improving WR's and what looks to be a stud behind Lynch. The Rams are going to be better in the second year under Fisher and his defense. It could be a tough year for the 9'ers. Not a losing year, but it will be harder now that teams have had an offseason and what, 8 games to evaluate Kap? It is very possible they could struggle to even make the playoffs. Not predicting it, just saying it is possible.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
It would not surprise me to see the 49'ers take a step back. They have lost their top wr, have been lucky with injuries and are in a division that has the Hawks with a top D and just as impressive a QB as we have seen in a while. They have improving WR's and what looks to be a stud behind Lynch. The Rams are going to be better in the second year under Fisher and his defense. It could be a tough year for the 9'ers. Not a losing year, but it will be harder now that teams have had an offseason and what, 8 games to evaluate Kap? It is very possible they could struggle to even make the playoffs. Not predicting it, just saying it is possible.

Not only do they have to worry about playing the SeaCawks twice per season, they have to face the Rams who beat them once and tied them once......looks like the Rams may have a say so in the 49ers record.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Hey peeps.

I haven't been here since the playoffs last year so I figured I'd check in. Just over a week till we get this thing started!!

No smack talk from me...I think this is gonna be one hell of a game. I know the Packers have a huge target on the Niners chest after losing to them twice and the manner in which they lost the playoff game. I am in no way expecting a repeat of that game. Capers will have the Pack ready this time. It remains to be seen tho if Harbaugh/Roman have something new up their sleeve.

I do have a question for you guys...

I just saw that Harris was placed on IR. The Niners had the most trouble with big, strong RBs last season (Lynch, Peterson, Jackson) and I thought the pick of Eddie Lacy could be a really good move for them. Just curious how he's looked thus far. I know he's had a toe issue.
Jeeeezus, Weeds has become a niners fan !!!! :whistling:

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You've got a lot of nerve coming here with my sign on. ;) I believe we had this discussion last year.

Hey, regarding the big, strong running backs ... honestly Marv, against weaker defenses, Lacy looked pretty impressive. Against the Seahawks 1st team defense and the Pack's 2nd team O-line ... he looked pretty human. Unfortunately, in my opinion, the Pack's O-line isn't coached to run a power running game. I wouldn't worry too much about the Pack's supposed resurgent running game. That isn't to say that Lacy MIGHT be able to do it all on his own...

HEHE!

Ya, I think we did have that conversation. I'd forgotten I even had that avatar. :)

The Niner D as we all know is pretty damn stout...particularly against the run. What they are not tho is big. Those big runners were able to push the pile against the Niners. Adrian Peterson had his worst outing of the season against the Niners, but it was also their 4th worst performance against a single rusher all year. IE, APs WORST perormance was one of the BEST against that D.

My point is...context. When I say they struggled, I mean compared to the rest of the year, not compared to every other team.

If Lacy is just powerful enough to push the pile and pick up a few first down here and there, it might make a big difference. I wouldn't expect him to go nuts, but I don't think he has to. He just has to run the 49ers out of Nickel or Dime defenses.

lol_wut

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lacy looked human because of the line consisting of backups. You answered your own worries already. He looked good last week against the Rams, who have a pretty good defense. Chalking up Lacy looking bad as the Packers not having a resurgent running game because the line blocking for him against Seattle were a bunch of backups is absurd.

lol_wut

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HEHE!

Ya, I think we did have that conversation. I'd forgotten I even had that avatar. :)

The Niner D as we all know is pretty damn stout...particularly against the run. What they are not tho is big. Those big runners were able to push the pile against the Niners. Adrian Peterson had his worst outing of the season against the Niners, but it was also their 4th worst performance against a single rusher all year. IE, APs WORST perormance was one of the BEST against that D.

My point is...context. When I say they struggled, I mean compared to the rest of the year, not compared to every other team.

If Lacy is just powerful enough to push the pile and pick up a few first down here and there, it might make a big difference. I wouldn't expect him to go nuts, but I don't think he has to. He just has to run the 49ers out of Nickel or Dime defenses.

Exactly. Lacy won't run for 150 yards (though it sure would be nice!) but he doesn't need to. Getting the ball 4-5 yards on a carry and Rodgers only needing a few more yards for a first will be huge for this offense. He can get the ball out quickly as we have all seen, negating the pass rush. Or even Rodgers getting the ball out for a quick 4-5 yard pass, then Lacy gets the first or gets it to third and one or third and inches, all can result in huge progress in making this not just a one dimensional offense.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Lacy looked human because of the line consisting of backups. You answered your own worries already. He looked good last week against the Rams, who have a pretty good defense. Chalking up Lacy looking bad as the Packers not having a resurgent running game because the line blocking for him against Seattle were a bunch of backups is absurd.

Are you ready to predict that Lacy, by himself, represents the end of the Pack's running game woes? Or...that the starting O-line has turned the corner and is ready to produce the next Packer 1200 yard runner? Keep in mind that Lacy didn't run exclusively behind the 2nd team line on Friday night. Absent visual evidence that all is well ... I guess I'll just have to be absurd. Understand that I'm not saying all those things can't or won't happen. I'm just saying that there is no visual evidence yet....there's been a whole bunch of "coulda, woulda and shouldas" out there, but nothing to hang your hat on.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So you would find it preferable to let the deer population explode, resulting in even further competition for an already scarce winter food supply, thereby causing thousands of deer to die a slow miserable death from starvation?

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you ready to predict that Lacy, by himself, represents the end of the Pack's running game woes? Or...that the starting O-line has turned the corner and is ready to produce the next Packer 1200 yard runner? Keep in mind that Lacy didn't run exclusively behind the 2nd team line on Friday night. Absent visual evidence that all is well ... I guess I'll just have to be absurd. Understand that I'm not saying all those things can't or won't happen. I'm just saying that there is no visual evidence yet....there's been a whole bunch of "coulda, woulda and shouldas" out there, but nothing to hang your hat on.

No he didn't always run behind the 2nd stringers, but he never had Rodgers out there either.

Packers OL sucks, straight up. All we can hope is that they'll suck a little bit less this year, and if they do, that might be enough to give us a running game with Lacy back there plus whichever one of those other 3 guys decides to step up.

Even with Ced Benson doing his best last year, Packer running game was a joke. Only Harris at the very end gave it some life.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not only was he behind our backups against their starters, but Harrell was the QB. Since he was no real passing threat, they were able to stack 8 and 9 guys in the box.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

A lot of people put down Figure skaters, but I can tell you, it's not an easy sport. When you fall, and you will always fall, there is no give in the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts