49ers -- NFCCG (who'da thunk these 2 teams in August)

OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s gotten a bit out of control with 9ers fans here. Perfectly fine having a few fans of the opposing team here, but if the majority of posts are coming from them, it’s getting a bit ridiculous. Especially with side discussions about who is on what 9ers forum. When you want to talk to each other, this is not really the place to do so.

I’d appreciate a 2 weeks no-posting rule for new members. This way we’d still have fans of other teams such as Raptorman, but not half of the 9ers forum coming here and spam the forum.

Joined 2012

Sky King

Reaction score
It’s gotten a bit out of control with 9ers fans here. Perfectly fine having a few fans of the opposing team here, but if the majority of posts are coming from them, it’s getting a bit ridiculous. Especially with side discussions about who is on what 9ers forum. When you want to talk to each other, this is not really the place to do so.

I’d appreciate a 2 weeks no-posting rule for new members. This way we’d still have fans of other teams such as Raptorman, but not half of the 9ers forum coming here and spam the forum.
Censorship? No thanks.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL.

Nah, not at all. Just sayin I came to talk football. If nobody is interested I can leave. It's your site. I'm just a guest.
Not everyone wants to hear anything contrary to their beliefs. Most here are a little better than that. I read just a few posts and I dont see any issue with your tone or content. Hang around.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Good to get the oppositions view.

Yeah I get it but all you'll find, by and large, are homers or kids talkin' sh*t. I gave that up years ago - after trashin' Rome's old forum. :devilish: Guilty as charged but now I'm a docile old fart (DOF) :D

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I get it but all you'll find, by and large, are homers or kids talkin' sh*t. I gave that up years ago - after trashin' Rome's old forum. :devilish: Guilty as charged but now I'm a docile old fart (DOF) :D
DOF, I think that should be your screen name here.

By the way, you tend towards ***** matter with your references. Not complaining or encouraging. Just noticing.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're fine, if you spent any time here since 2012 you'd know I just don't like twitter :) If i wanted to go read what was on twitter, I'd join and go read it. So I saw a chance to take a "thick skin" comment roll with it, take my shot at twitter and sit back and feel good about myself.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DOF, I think that should be your screen name here.

By the way, you tend towards ***** matter with your references. Not complaining or encouraging. Just noticing.
when you're old, it's what you're left with for food choices too, it runs over into everything. Literally and figuratively.

Reaction score
Seahawks could be the worst team in the NFL and 9ers the best.
These were your words, not mine. So if you don’t want someone to misinterpret them you should throw in a disclaimer of some fashion.
Listen, we can talk fantasy scenarios all day long but that the reality is that Seattle isn’t one of the worst teams and it’s unfair to make those assertions in fantasy scenarios unless you denote that you are using hypotheticals make believe. I believe you used them because your trying to discount that GB just handed them their ticket home.
Also you guys beat up the Rams week 4 by 2 TDs.
But notice the Rams came in your house and went toe to toe holding a lead well into the 4th quarter week 16. 31-34
You beat Seattle 26-21 week 17
We beat Seattle 28-23 week 18
That’s a real life comparable that you can’t turn into make believe. It’s also several of the most recent comparisons of teams you played multiple times. As you will with GB. When you go house shopping you get comparable homes on the market that have sold, you don’t make stuff up as you go along to achieve a realistic offer, that would be absolutely ridiculous.
This is a real game, not a make believe video game.
Making stuff up to predict an outcome would just show both the buyer, seller and supporting cast just how out of touch you are with reality.

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These were your words, not mine. So if you don’t want someone to misinterpret them you should throw in a disclaimer of some fashion.
Listen, we can talk fantasy scenarios all day long but that the reality is that Seattle isn’t one of the worst teams and it’s unfair to make those assertions in fantasy scenarios unless you denote that you are using hypotheticals make believe. I believe you used them because your trying to discount that GB just handed them their ticket home.
But notice the Rams came in your house and went toe to toe holding a lead well into the 4th quarter week 16. 31-34
That’s a real life comparable that you can’t turn into make believe. It’s also several of the most recent comparisons of teams you played multiple times. As you will with GB. When you go house shopping you get comparable homes on the market that have sold, you don’t make stuff up as you go along to achieve a realistic offer, that would be ridiculous.
Making stuff up to predict an outcome would just show both the buyer, seller and supporting cast just how out of touch you are with reality. This isn’t Madden
He used the word “could” I really don’t think it was that hard to understand his point... I got it on the first read. Don’t try and over complicate things. He was simply saying that division games are a different animal. That’s something that many of us have said in here many times before.

Seattle49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s a real life comparable that you can’t turn into make believe. It’s also several of the most recent comparisons of teams you played multiple times. As you will with GB. When you go house shopping you get comparable homes on the market that have sold, you don’t make stuff up as you go along to achieve a realistic offer, that would be absolutely ridiculous.
This is a real game, not a make believe video game.
Making stuff up to predict an outcome would just show both the buyer, seller and supporting cast just how out of touch you are with reality.

Apparently my point was over your head. I thought about trying to explain it again, but I'm not the type that needs to keep hitting myself in the head with hammer to figure out it hurts.

Moving on.

Seattle49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He used the word “could” I really don’t think it was that hard to understand his point... I got it on the first read. Don’t try and over complicate things. He was simply saying that division games are a different animal. That’s something that many of us have said in here many times before.

Bingo!

I'm shocked at how hard this is for some to understand.

Reaction score
That wasn’t the point Whitset. I never said I disagreed with division games being tough. That’s a bit rhetorical isn’t it?
He said I was trying just trying to “stir the pot” responding to his make believe assertion of a Seattle could being one of the worst comments. Maybe it’s an age thing, us half plus century guys don’t do as well with make believe.
Keep it real

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow.

So, I came here only to talk football with knowledgeable Packer fans before an NFC Championship matchup. I am not talking smack. I'm here for a real discussion.

Is that asking too much? If you don't want to take part in the discussion, don't. Simple.

If that's too much to ask, its all good. I'm a guest on this forum and I'll bounce. Peace.
You're good in my book Marvin, none of you Niner fans have really been obnoxious, and you guys certainly have helped liven the place a bit as we await our two teams showdown on Sunday. Disregard them man, you're good.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That wasn’t the point Whitset. I never said I disagreed with division games being tough. That’s a bit rhetorical isn’t it?
He said I was trying just trying to “stir the pot” responding to his make believe assertion of a Seattle could being one of the worst comments. Maybe it’s an age thing, us half plus century guys don’t do as well with make believe.
Keep it real
Well Maybe I need another 5 months to understand then lol... won’t turn 50 til May. But, I really don’t think it was me that missed the point lol.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say this as a Niner fan...

...I am very happy its Green Bay the Niners are playing. I'm also happy its KC and Tennessee in the AFC.

Now before someone rips my head off, its got zilch to do with who I think would be an easier match-up. Its is NOT because I assume the Niners win.

Its this:

If the Niners do not win a title this year, I have no hate for the teams that are left. My nightmare was playing and losing to the Seahawks. I'd never hear the end of it. LOL.

I've been a Rodgers fan since he was at Cal. I wanted to throw something at my TV when they took Alex. I have no hate for the Packers, even though they have been a playoff rival for many years. If Niners can't win it, I'm OK with the Pack going.

In the AFC, I hate the Patriots and I can't stand the Ravens, particularly now that the have SFs old OC under Harbaugh and the league is acting like we've never seen this offense before when the Niners had it in 2012 with Colin Kaepernick. It ain't new. Its nice, but it has no legs. It won't last. Lamar>Kap obviously, but the offense is flash in the pan. One hit and you lose both your QB and your leading rusher. No thank you.

I hate the Patriots for all the expected reasons.

Packers? Can't hate. Chiefs and Titans? Two franchises without a ring.

Seattle49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep it real

Your first reply to my post:

"So what you are saying is the worst team in the NFLnearly beat you twice this season? That statement doesn’t give me a very big vote of confidence coming from a 49er fan. I’m not sure if you meant it that way, but you just insulted your own team."

Clearly you didn't get it from the beginning, and based on your response I said it seemed like you could just be stirring the pot.

It seems like you're the only one that doesn't understand what I meant by my comment. Its really simple.

Division games are always tougher.

To use your analogy. It would be like taking the selling prices of 4 house on the same block and thinking the same size house would sell for the same in a completely different state.

Again moving on.

By the way I'm 57

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is the first time I've seen you make a post this week and you're complaining about their being too many Niner fans on the week when our team plays? I get the side topics but it's not like they are hurting anyone, and they only made a few posts in regards to that. Frankly I found it amusing and it certainly makes things interesting. I'm not advocating that they continue to do so, but considering we have strayed off topic several times on different boards let's not be buttholes to them. From my experience with them they've been gracious to us and have MOSTLY talked about the match up. Sure they may have strayed away a bit but not to the point where it's of major issue.

These guys are good in my book. I don't imagine they'll be around after this Sunday, so let's be a gracious host to them.

Reaction score
Well Maybe I need another 5 months to understand then lol... won’t turn 50 til May. But, I really don’t think it was me that missed the point lol.
Ohhhh. Now I see what’s going on here. I scrolled through the other posters comments and I get his defensiveness now and your being an apologist fir me ;). I respect that Whitset. I didn’t realize another poster was uneasy. I didn’t realize I jumped in the middle of a bar fight. Lol

As far as me. I never said he wasn’t welcomed here. If you Truly knew me you’ve never make that conclusion.

9ers fans are absolutely welcome. I welcome the smack talk. But I generally don’t go light on you just because someone’s a visitor :roflmao:

I apologize Niners fans. Carry on

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is just me, but I've really enjoyed having multiple Niner fans here this week. Granted this place is active and whatnot, but it is refreshing to interact with fans from opposing fan bases. Lately I've been going over to The Saints forum. Granted they are a bit testy and highly sensitive, especially if your opinion doesn't match theirs, but they're not that bad.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is just me, but I've really enjoyed having multiple Niner fans here this week. Granted this place is active and whatnot, but it is refreshing to interact with fans from opposing fan bases. Lately I've been going over to The Saints forum. Granted they are a bit testy and highly sensitive, especially if your opinion doesn't match theirs, but they're not that bad.

I spend alot of time on opposing teams forums. That's exactly why I do it...to see it from another perspective. Sure, there are homer fans on every site. You can't imagine the number of times I read something long the lines of "we'll your team might be playing well, but they've never seen something like us". This was especially prevalent early on. It taught me never to use that phrase myself. LOL.

I can only imagine how testy Saints fans are. That's rough.