4-5 wr set's

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy has to be drooling drawing up offensive sets for this years game plan. I expect to see alot of 4-5 wr sets including Jenning,Jones,Nelson,Cobb,Finley,Driver. With james starks speed out of the backfield he could even play a role in passing game. If injuries happen to our wr core, there are 2 good wrs on the practice squad that I heard of and we might even keep one of them on our final roster. If we can maintain an average running game, our offense will be better then last year. 3 yards a pop would make me happy. Our offense will be tested though in the first couple weeks of the season playing some tough pyhsical teams.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are in a unique position to redefine offensive sets for the next several years by running these 4 and 5 wide formations more than anyone has done previously. From a football purist standpoint it rubs me the wrong way a little, but it's hard to argue with a sport's evolution and this certainly falls into the category. Only defensive changes to the game will limit this offense as currently configured and outfitted with personnel.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well seeing as 3 yds a pop leads to 9 yds and a 3 and out every drive I'd tend to disagree. Especially since last year the packers averaged 6.6 yds per play. As far as 4 and 5 wr sets, the packers have been stacked like this for the last 2 or 3 years, and while we already use those sets a decent amount, I wouldn't expect the offense to change that much this year honestly. I mean if it aint broke dont fix it you know? If the offensive line can really obtain some cohesion and keep the pressure off Rodgers those sorts of offensive formations become more of an advantage and could really be used with more success.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Use your strengths...thats exactly what a 4-5 WR set does. we have the deepest roster in the NFL, and it WORKS. We need to fill the Packers Hall of Fame with more Lombardi trophies.

OP
OP
JTheGreat

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our 4-5 wr wideout sets will be better this year, with Jordy playing at a high level and Cobb being in his 2nd year with a full offseason could make this offense even more explosive than last year, which is crazy to even think about because of the year the offense had in the 2011 regualar season. Also I believe Finley will be a top 5 te this year. Maybe not in the stat column, but even just being on the field he is a weapon. He will be one of the biggest redzone threats in the NFL this season.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If injuries happen to our wr core, there are 2 good wrs on the practice squad that I heard of and we might even keep one of them on our final roster.

Unless neither of them make any kind of improvement during training camp this season, or one of them is heads and shoulders above the other, I think we'll keep both of them on our final roster. We paid them good money to stay on our practice squad last season for a reason, so I think we'll keep them this season.

When you consider we've had seasons with 5 TE's and 3 FB's, having 7 WR's on the active roster isn't beyond the realm of possibility.

Members online

Latest posts