3 Packer games you can change outcome of

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Failmerry game. We win that we have home field in the playoffs instead of having to play the NFCCG in Seattle, which is obviously another game we'd all like to change the outcome of.
Wrong season. Fail Mary was in 2012.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won’t count the obvious Super Bowl loss

After that

2014 She-hawks fiasco... haunting... and I believe/agree it has gutted this team for a few years...

4th and 26 vs Philly... similarly shameful

NFCCG vs the Giants .... Favre’s last throw in Green Bay

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won’t count the obvious Super Bowl loss

After that

2014 She-hawks fiasco... haunting... and I believe/agree it has gutted this team for a few years...

4th and 26 vs Philly... similarly shameful

NFCCG vs the Giants .... Favre’s last throw in Green Bay
Funny thing is had we won all those games we would've ended up facing NE. NE and GB could've been a serious rivalry considering all the times they would've met in the SB.

I'm still of the mindset had we won 2014 and 2016 NFC Championship games we would've beaten NE.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2007 NFCCG didn't Longwell actually miss the potential game winner ?

4th & 26 vs the Eagles

2014 NFCCG

I won't put the Super bowl as even though Brett had a decent game, the Broncos were the better team that day. It wasn't really as close as the score would show

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't put the Super bowl as even though Brett had a decent game, the Broncos were the better team that day. It wasn't really as close as the score would show
I agree the Broncos were the better team that day. But my impression was that it was a good game. I'm not sure why you say it wasn't as close as the score showed, I recall it as being a close game. I thought the teams looked very evenly matched. But we didn't have the answer to Terrell Davis, and that was the main difference.

Each team had 14 first downs. We basically had double their yards passing, and they had double our yards rushing. We had 350 yards to their 302. Each QB threw an INT. We had two fumbles to their one.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only time the game became lobsided was when the DL wore out late in the game. It was a close game all the way thru. i was in LaX too and I wasn't drinking cheap beer at the time either.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only time the game became lobsided was when the DL wore out late in the game. It was a close game all the way thru. i was in LaX too and I wasn't drinking cheap beer at the time either.
Agreed... frankly I’m a little surprised at the revisionist history I’ve seen about that game. Green Bay was, in fact, the overwhelming favorite going into that game. Mike Holmgren has even given interviews where he has taken responsibility for that loss. A lot of things went into it, but they just weren’t ready to deal with Terrel Davis on that day. But to claim that the Broncos were so much better just isn’t true.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I agree the Broncos were the better team that day. But my impression was that it was a good game. I'm not sure why you say it wasn't as close as the score showed, I recall it as being a close game. I thought the teams looked very evenly matched. But we didn't have the answer to Terrell Davis, and that was the main difference.

Each team had 14 first downs. We basically had double their yards passing, and they had double our yards rushing. We had 350 yards to their 302. Each QB threw an INT. We had two fumbles to their one.

And the thing about Davis in that game, that impresses the daylights out of me, was that he was playing the game with a migraine. Can you imagine banging helmets with people while dealing with a migraine. The guy was a beast that game.

D

Deleted member 6794

2007 NFCCG didn't Longwell actually miss the potential game winner?

No, actually Crosby was already the Packers kicker at that point. Lawrence Tynes missed a game winning 36-yard field goal for the Giants at the end of regulation in that game.

Members online

Latest posts