2022 Training Camp Thread

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was high on Randy Ramsey, OLB, recovering from his '21-season-ending ankle injury and becoming a force as #3 or #4 OLB... STILL has ankle problems a year later so today he was released. :( Still 4 more cuts to make before 3PM Tuesday 8/16.
I liked him also as a ST player. Ankle must still be an issue.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that a “fast starter” in Practices gives a good indicator that his dial is pointing hard North. We know from even being casual fans that there are many new additions at any particular position that don’t show up this early.
For me personally, it speaks to him having a medium high floor. Where his ceiling eventually tops is anyones guess. We have to keep in mind that even great players like Aaron Rodgers or Davante Adams started relatively slow in comparison with their ceiling. So really universally we’re in wait and see mode with every Rookie, anytime, anywhere.
That's true. But the "wait and see" mode is limited. At best, the rookies get one month to show their potential. And even then, some wrong guys will be kept and some wrong guys will be cut. That's why it's important for Watson to get in high gear and fast. Bottom line, he can't afford bad routes or dropped passes. Rodgers simply won't throw to him and then all he does is take a roster spot. Talk about pressure.

Reaction score
Kingsley Enagbare. He’s a guy I’m watching very carefully. He’s had a good camp thus far, sack and 20% pressure rate @SF last Friday.

Now he’s doing it again to the Saints in scrimmage. In his 2nd tour of duty, He Went up against #19 overall Rookie Trevor Penning (one of my personal favorites) and looked the part, he gave Penning fits most of the day, including a would be sack and several hurried.

Kingsley “of the Hill” Enagbare is going to be one to keep a close eye on. The magic of Packers #55 continues on.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kingsley Enagbare. He’s a guy I’m watching very carefully. He’s had a good camp thus far, sack and 20% pressure rate @SF last Friday.

Now he’s doing it again to the Saints in scrimmage. In his 2nd tour of duty, He Went up against #19 overall Rookie Trevor Penning (one of my personal favorites) and looked the part, he gave Penning fits most of the day, including a would be sack and several hurried.

Kingsley “of the Hill” Enagbare is going to be one to keep a close eye on. The magic of Packers #55 continues on.
That's good to know, thanks. Wasn't Kingsley Keke also a DL? He was cut late last year for reasons never made public. Out with one King, in with a new King. That DL is shaping up well, isn't it.

What kind of camp is Wyatt having? I haven't been following camp to the PS much.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m still blown away Kingsley fell that far…. Some reminded me I originally in like my first mock had him as one to consider end of round one I liked his tape so much but as I studied others I fell on a solid Day 2 grade….still fell further

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m still blown away Kingsley fell that far…. Some reminded me I originally in like my first mock had him as one to consider end of round one I liked his tape so much but as I studied others I fell on a solid Day 2 grade….still fell further
Hopefully that means he's a bargain. Need those too.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully that means he's a bargain. Need those too.

He never put up a ton of big hit stats, 3.5 then 6 then 4.5 sacks for his last three years at college.

I just love how disruptive he always seemed to be despite not closing the deal with a sack as much as I’m sure he’d have liked…but still see and offenses no doubt felt his presence constantly.

It will be interesting if by week 1 he has leap frogged into the #3 spot

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He never put up a ton of big hit stats, 3.5 then 6 then 4.5 sacks for his last three years at college.

I just love how disruptive he always seemed to be despite not closing the deal with a sack as much as I’m sure he’d have liked…but still see and offenses no doubt felt his presence constantly.

It will be interesting if by week 1 he has leap frogged into the #3 spot
I think sacks are a little overrated. Not in how they affect a game, that's extremely important. But if a DL is consistently disrupting running and passing lanes, getting TFLs, and getting close to the QB, well that can change the outcome of a play as well. There's just no good objective way to measure "pressures" - or at least none I've seen.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think sacks are a little overrated. Not in how they affect a game, that's extremely important. But if a DL is consistently disrupting running and passing lanes, getting TFLs, and getting close to the QB, well that can change the outcome of a play as well. There's just no good objective way to measure "pressures" - or at least none I've seen.

Just for the record, Enagbare is an outside linebacker.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Came across a podcast that mentioned Jaire has taken it upon himself to always line up vs Doubs or Watson in the 1v1 drills. Challenging the rookies to beat him. They haven't done so yet (but Olave did last week during the joint practices.)

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let’s see how Watson plays out but boy I sure liked Olave going into the draft.
Agreed. OSU doesn't produce many great pro QBs, but they have their share of good to great WRs. I was hoping Olave would fall to the Packers but that was a dream. Bummer.

Reaction score
Agreed. OSU doesn't produce many great pro QBs, but they have their share of good to great WRs. I was hoping Olave would fall to the Packers but that was a dream. Bummer.
Almost every interactive mock had Olave going in the 10-20 range overall. Every now and again we’d see him get to our #22 but it was a dream scenario. I don’t think those Mocks accounted for the increase in demand at WR. I think at #22 he would be a Packer though, he would be a tough WR pass up on.

I’m really hoping Walker can translate to the NFL year 1 as many upper echelon off-ball types do translate early. If he does, this may be one of the best pair of ILB’s we’ve witnessed in GB.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Almost every interactive mock had Olave going in the 10-20 range overall. Every now and again we’d see him get to our #22 but it was a dream scenario. I don’t think those Mocks accounted for the increase in demand at WR. I think at #22 he would be a Packer though, he would be a tough WR pass up on.

I’m really hoping Walker can translate to the NFL year 1 as many upper echelon off-ball types do translate early. If he does, this may be one of the best pair of ILB’s we’ve witnessed in GB.
Agreed and it's about time. Campbell was the first "modern" ILB the Packers have ever had. Now with two, well hopefully Walker produces, it's gonna be hard for opponents to move the ball. It was/is the key to Tampa's defense. Devin White and another guy whose name escapes me.

Reaction score
Agreed and it's about time. Campbell was the first "modern" ILB the Packers have ever had. Now with two, well hopefully Walker produces, it's gonna be hard for opponents to move the ball. It was/is the key to Tampa's defense. Devin White and another guy whose name escapes me.
That’s exactly what our D looks like right now. Maybe not necessarily the best in the league, but I think we’ll be stingy.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Levonte David, Barrett, and Vea are the main components in that defense. White is really fast and was drafted really high but he’s not nearly as good as he gets credit for. With Walker and Campbell in the middle it’s going to come down to whether the packers can find anyone to help Clark on the dline against the run. I don’t think the packers have anything to worry about against the pass with the secondary they have and Gary rushing the QB (outside of Gary though I’m not sure where a consistent pass rusher will come from).

Edit: Winfield Jr is also an impact player for the Bucs D.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Levonte David, Barrett, and Vea are the main components in that defense. White is really fast and was drafted really high but he’s not nearly as good as he gets credit for. With Walker and Campbell in the middle it’s going to come down to whether the packers can find anyone to help Clark on the dline against the run. I don’t think the packers have anything to worry about against the pass with the secondary they have and Gary rushing the QB (outside of Gary though I’m not sure where a consistent pass rusher will come from).

Edit: Winfield Jr is also an impact player for the Bucs D.
Thanks Sunshine. I remember now, year after year, how the Bucs built that team mostly through the draft. In the end, the only missing piece was Brady. They are a formidable team. Sports Illustrated predicts the Pack will play the Bucs again in the NFCCG. They have the Bucs going to the SB and losing to the Bills. I like the scenario where the Pack beats the Bucs and advance to the SB and beat the Bills. I like that outcome way better.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don’t think the packers have anything to worry about against the pass with the secondary they have and Gary rushing the QB (outside of Gary though I’m not sure where a consistent pass rusher will come from).

You don't think Preston will contribute as a pass rusher consistently?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good question. I don't have the stats but I thought Smith played well last year, and I expect him to keep it up. I think Gary ascends to the Packers' premier rusher and expect a 10 plus sack season, and many, many pressures.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not in any way that would support an elite pass defense if Gary isn't in. Preston is a great OLB and a good pass rusher but Gary is an elite pass rusher. You can have great corners but if you can't put pressure consistently on the QB then guys are gonna get open.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not in any way that would support an elite pass defense if Gary isn't in. Preston is a great OLB and a good pass rusher but Gary is an elite pass rusher. You can have great corners but if you can't put pressure consistently on the QB then guys are gonna get open.
Good point. Smith is made better by the presence of Gary. Just as he was made better by the presence of Z. Smith is still a good rusher in his own right, just not at the elite level.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not suggesting Preston is as good a pass rusher as Gary but I expect him to consistently provide pressure as the #2 outside linebacker.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts