2022 NFL Live Draft thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
So, I get this sentiment, but I think there's more to consider here. Georgia's defense was elite at creating pressure up the middle and getting right in the quarterback's face.
Good points and I see a few more like them. I was just talking out loud. Individually, I really like who the Packers drafted and if they play in Green Bay, like they played in Georgia, we are in for some great defense in 2022. I can't think of a position I don't like right now on that side of the ball. The rest of the draft just needs to address depth on defense, 2-3 WR's, OL depth and a potentially a TE. With what happened last night and I think will happen again today, in regards to WR, Gute may just have to acquire another starting caliber WR via a trade or FA signing.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had the same thought and have always felt the same way about many Alabama players. Looking at the situation realistically, I would guess that one of the two will eventually become an important cog in the defense 5 years from now and the other will not meet expectations. Kind of like Gary and Savage.
The flip side could be that they were so good as a team; maybe (like Gary), they were not able to shine individually as they might have done on a lesser D. Time will tell. We'll probably know sooner than later.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard Aaron say they were really high on Wyatt and thought they might even be able to move Kenny outside. I assume he means in the 3 down lineman packages or is there a chance Clark sees some snaps as an edge rusher?

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frankly, disappointing draft round 1; seems to be "hoping" for development instead of this year going after "help". As for WR, they were taken out of that immediately and likely did not want to expend capital to move up; now what, they have about 6 -8 teams ahead of them in round 2 that need WR help. If they wait they likely will be out of the running for anyone with decent potential. Rodgers saying today he was "surprised" by the Adams trade, what is going on with this team... thought that ship had sailed and was out of sight. Who will Rogers throw to this year, a group that consists of 2nd and 3rd tier receivers, TE's with big ? and 2 backs on the roster who both have had injuries this past year. Not pleased with the drafting so far and frankly don't expect much today or tomorrow that will help this offense which is in desperate need for WR, OL and TE. Wonder if they could trade Rodgers for 4-5 2nd round picks??????

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard Aaron say they were really high on Wyatt and thought they might even be able to move Kenny outside. I assume he means in the 3 down lineman packages or is there a chance Clark sees some snaps as an edge rusher?
Wyatt gives the D a lot of flexibility with he & Clark spending time outside rushing. We now have a great rotation of Wyatt, Clark, Slaton, Reed & Lowry which gives Barry the ability to create mismatches everywhere. Don't know what percentage of snaps there were only 2 linemen but Clark isn't mandatory, anymore, and can get rest & be fresh late in games.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Wyatt gives the D a lot of flexibility with he & Clark spending time outside rushing. We now have a great rotation of Wyatt, Clark, Slaton, Reed & Lowry which gives Barry the ability to create mismatches everywhere.
I can't remember a front 7 looking this formidable for the Packers, at least on paper. I also think that this is going to just make our secondary better that it already was.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Frankly, disappointing draft round 1; seems to be "hoping" for development instead of this year going after "help". As for WR, they were taken out of that immediately and likely did not want to expend capital to move up; now what, they have about 6 -8 teams ahead of them in round 2 that need WR help. If they wait they likely will be out of the running for anyone with decent potential. Rodgers saying today he was "surprised" by the Adams trade, what is going on with this team... thought that ship had sailed and was out of sight. Who will Rogers throw to this year, a group that consists of 2nd and 3rd tier receivers, TE's with big ? and 2 backs on the roster who both have had injuries this past year. Not pleased with the drafting so far and frankly don't expect much today or tomorrow that will help this offense which is in desperate need for WR, OL and TE. Wonder if they could trade Rodgers for 4-5 2nd round picks??????
I posted thread woth Rodgers comments and he was on Pats show discussing that

He did say.. He believe Adams was going to stay but understands its a business

Sure its a surprise, but your statement came across like rodgers is ticket off over it..and maybe he is?

But his statements dont reflect that

Last edited:

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I thought the Packers might have packaged #22 and #59 to trade into the 15 to 17 spot to grade a WR (Dotson or Burks).

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I thought the Packers might have packaged #22 and #59 to trade into the 15 to 17 spot to grade a WR (Dotson or Burks).

I would have been so ticked if they traded up for Dotson. I do not get it with that guy. There aren't a lot of prospects that I just straight up did not want, but he was one of them.

On Burks, there was all sorts of stuff out there about him-- didn't know the playbook at Arkansas, would take the plays off if he wasn't getting the ball, let his weight get out of control, didn't train for the combine...

They brought him in for a visit, as they do with most prospects they like on tape but who have other questions around him. For all we know, they weren't comfortable with it.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I'm way more interested in the WR talent that is there in the 2nd round than what what drafted in the 1st round. Wasn't particularly excited about Dotson, London, Burks. Doubted Olave, Williams or Wilson were going to be around at 22 anyways. Wouldn't shock me at all if 3/4 years later, the production of the 2nd round WRs > 1st.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree with 90% of his posts, but guys like him are what make it fun sometimes. Unless I missed something way out of line from him I agree with Ogsponge.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree with 90% of his posts, but guys like him are what make it fun sometimes. Unless I missed something way out of line from him I agree with Ogsponge.
This was the post that was the final straw but he's been fairly incendiary with many of his posts... LTF's "content moderation" was appropriate, IMHO.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
Something to consider.

Moves like we made yesterday are multi-layered. We now have at least 1 of Barnes or Walker playing ST.
So there’s a trickle effect and it juices the ST unit.

We all know we lost that Divisional because of ST and we’d be remiss not to mention a selected player who dramatically improves 2 position groups simultaneously. Defense/ST

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Development instead of help? We have upgraded our starting ILB beside Campbell and Wyatt is immediate replacement for inside pressure Keke was supposed to be and many know Wyatt is better than Keke was even as rookie

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something to consider.

Moves like we made yesterday are multi-layered. We now have at least 1 of Barnes or Walker playing ST.
So there’s a trickle effect and it juices or ST unit.

We all know we lost that Divisional because of ST and we’d be remiss not to select a player who dramatically improves 2 position groups simultaneously. Defense/ST
It was a large reason but not the only reason, I agree though the trickle is real.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My prediction for today.

We will trade up to grab 1 of the remaining prospects at WR , then we will wait and grab another if 1 falls down to us if not we will take a OL man and then to compensate grab 1 of the top TEnds earlier then projected to compensate for lack of a good second WR.

Then we take 1-2 more WRs in later rounds.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many of the 1st round trades followed pretty closely to the Draft Pick Value chart, usually with a 2-25pt premium paid by the team moving up. The Minnesota/Detroit trade, however, was VERY lopsided in Detroit's favor, so they "won" big-time.

Minnesota gave up: #12 (1200 pts) & #46 (440 pts) = 1,640 pts.
Detroit gave up: #32 (590 pts), #34 (560 pts), and #66 (260 pts) = 1,410 pts.

Detroit basically "stole" a high 3rd rounder in this trade (230 pts.)!!!

I'm thinking Gute should offer up (2) of our 4ths (76 pts) for their #77 (205 pts) & see if they bite? ;)

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers doing Packer things. They watched everyone trade wrs and trade up for WRs who needed wrs and they just sat there and watched. I have low expectations for this team when it comes to drafts. They never fail to disappoint. Ever. Can’t wait to see the defense ball out again just for the offense to stink in a playoff loss yet again. Smh
Packer things?? Taking an off ball linebacker is about as far from that normal “Packer things” you can get.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im so sorry I am not hip to the slang of people these days.
I mean it is a quote from 1977. Just not sure you were aware he was actually trying to diffuse the situation with a Star Wars quote. He wasn’t actually challenging your authority as you seem to have taken it.

Anyway, moderation is a sucky hobby, you do what you have to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts