2022 NFL Live Draft thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Search out rodgers comments
He explains it

Why do people put any faith into what players, coaches, or front office people say in public? As for Rodgers comments? I'm supposed to believe he did in-depth scouting on receiver prospects during the offseason? Sorry, he's the best QB ever but I'm not sold on his draft acumen.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many of the 1st round trades followed pretty closely to the Draft Pick Value chart, usually with a 2-25pt premium paid by the team moving up. The Minnesota/Detroit trade, however, was VERY lopsided in Detroit's favor, so they "won" big-time.

Minnesota gave up: #12 (1200 pts) & #46 (440 pts) = 1,640 pts.
Detroit gave up: #32 (590 pts), #34 (560 pts), and #66 (260 pts) = 1,410 pts.

Detroit basically "stole" a high 3rd rounder in this trade (230 pts.)!!!

I'm thinking Gute should offer up (2) of our 4ths (76 pts) for their #77 (205 pts) & see if they bite? ;)
I still don't understand how they got away with that... they're a division rival and they let the Lions absolutely fleece them. If I was a conspiracy theorist, I'd be screaming collusion.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I mean it is a quote from 1977. Just not sure you were aware he was actually trying to diffuse the situation with a Star Wars quote. He wasn’t actually challenging your authority as you seem to have taken it.

Anyway, moderation is a sucky hobby, you do what you have to do.
So now a 44-year-old quote... I'm supposed to realize it was to defuse a situation

Got it

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Why do people put any faith into what players, coaches, or front office people say in public? As for Rodgers comments? I'm supposed to believe he did in-depth scouting on receiver prospects during the offseason? Sorry, he's the best QB ever but I'm not sold on his draft acumen.
He explained why they went with the linebacker and why they passed on my receivers is what I was getting at

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I still don't understand how they got away with that... they're a division rival and they let the Lions absolutely fleece them. If I was a conspiracy theorist, I'd be screaming collusion.
That made my night. I really thought they announced the terms incorrectly, because it just didn't make any sense. I can maybe see that type of move in the 5th round, to get an extra pick in the 6th or 7th round. But #12 in the first round? I am pretty sure that people living in La Crosse could hear Viking fans screaming and breaking stuff all night.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Don't think Aaron said he was scouting. I just took from the comments it was more like "Ok Aaron, we want a WR. These are the 6 we are interested in for the 1st round". They might have even added what they could do for trade ups and who they would trade up for. With that knowledge then Aaron would know why no WR was drafted and not wondering what is going on.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't think Aaron said he was scouting. I just took from the comments it was more like "Ok Aaron, we want a WR. These are the 6 we are interested in for the 1st round". They might have even added what they could do for trade ups and who they would trade up for. With that knowledge then Aaron would know why no WR was drafted and not wondering what is going on.
I agree. I've always said, players play, coaches coach, scouts and GM's build the roster. I don't think Rodgers belongs in any draft room. I do however think he deserves the conversation with the GM and coaches. Heck I think any players should be able to walk in and have a conversation, but I do believe Rodgers intent was always to remain a packer and is going to be here till the end. If he wants to be let in on a little strategy, i'm ok with it. The front office seems ok with it.

and I think they've maintained that line between player and front office. Nothing Rodgers said makes me think he was in on the decision making process, they just trust him enough to not leak stuff and said, this is what we're looking at. Rodgers understands the game and the business and that the highest rated guys were gone at one position doesn't mean you take a lower rated guy because you ahve a chance when there are other highly rated guys to put on your team. I think we got 2 good players, and I think Rodgers knows the FO is behind him and doing what's best for the team and he's telling all of you to trust them too.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Really seems like you are overreacting to him coming back at you with a funny Star Wars reference
I would think that something like this belongs in a sidebar conversation directly with the person?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I disagree with 90% of his posts, but guys like him are what make it fun sometimes. Unless I missed something way out of line from him I agree with Ogsponge.
I would think that something like this belongs in a sidebar conversation directly with the person?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Many of the 1st round trades followed pretty closely to the Draft Pick Value chart, usually with a 2-25pt premium paid by the team moving up. The Minnesota/Detroit trade, however, was VERY lopsided in Detroit's favor, so they "won" big-time.

Minnesota gave up: #12 (1200 pts) & #46 (440 pts) = 1,640 pts.
Detroit gave up: #32 (590 pts), #34 (560 pts), and #66 (260 pts) = 1,410 pts.

Detroit basically "stole" a high 3rd rounder in this trade (230 pts.)!!!

I'm thinking Gute should offer up (2) of our 4ths (76 pts) for their #77 (205 pts) & see if they bite? ;)
Shame on Minnesota. Getting fleeced by Detroit. It never ceases to amaze me how Minnesota can melt down in a draft.

Reaction score
In a quick (not a perfect science) scan of the teams picking in round 2 I have just 11 with WR as top 2-3 need. 7 of those possible before our 53 selection another 4 possible before our 59 sel. Obviously it won’t be 100% hit With other positional needs and a team could leapfrog us again

In my estimation, We need to be watching
Giants (36)
Bears (39)
Colts (42)
Browns (44)
KC (50)
Eagles (51)
Steelers (52)
Plus someone possibly trading up.

Then again watching
Patriots (54)
Cardinals (55)
Cowboys (56)
Bills (57)

Two options to trade up:
1. trade our #59 into that 47 (WFT) 49 (Saints) range IF we want 2 of the better remaining TE or WR options. Both of those teams already picked at WR

2. Trade 53 into that top 40 range (most aggressive)

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a quick (not a perfect science) scan of the teams picking in round 2 I have just 11 with WR as top 2-3 need. 7 of those possible before our 53 selection another 4 possible before our 59 sel. Obviously it won’t be 100% hit With other positional needs and a team could leapfrog us again

Giants (36)
Bears (39)
Colts (42)
Browns (44)
KC (50)
Eagles (51)
Steelers (52)

Then again watching
Patriots (54)
Cardinals (55)
Cowboys (56)
Bills (57)

Two options to trade up:
1. trade our #59 into that 47 (WFT) 49 (Saints) range.
Was thinking similarly...I believe Bears have #48, as well. If Pickens lasts to 47 try trading up w/ Washington. Have a feeling Bears may go WR with 48. :(

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you all think about Watson? Is he going to be of average or are people just over excited about his RAS?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He explained why they went with the linebacker and why they passed on my receivers is what I was getting at

Yes, my point was that nobody should put any faith into Rodger's ability to scout rookie prospects and he was either just supporting Gute (a good thing) or he actually spoke with Gute and they had a conversation about having to pass on receivers (a better thing). Either way, I just have my doubts that Rodgers was ever going to say anything inflammatory after what happened last season.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then why give Rodgers that contract?
Isn't Metchie in the same boat as Jamison Williams? Hurt his knee late in the season? Haven't heard anything about his recovery..I'm fine with picking him..as long as they can grab another guy too.

Reaction score
What do you all think about Watson? Is he going to be of average or are people just over excited about his RAS?
I really like him I think he’s a top 40 guy

I’ve got a suspicion that Gute moves up slightly where it’s not as painful collateral wise. I’d feel really good with Watson or Pickens.

Scenario 1 (aggressive)
package 92/53 to get in that Jets(38)-Seattle(40)range

Scenario 2 (mild)
Package #132/53 +7th? to move up to WFT(47) to leapfrog the Bears plus several WR needies (if our guy is there).

Or… Stand Pat

Last edited:
Reaction score
Was thinking similarly...I believe Bears have #48, as well. If Pickens lasts to 47 try trading up w/ Washington. Have a feeling Bears may go WR with 48. :(
Exactly. That’s why I was saying watch that first Bears selection! Everyone’s trying to beat up on us in GB, we should just use 92 packaged and just stick it to them!!
I apologize. I’ve been a bit emotional ecer since last night :coffee:

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So now a 44-year-old quote... I'm supposed to realize it was to defuse a situation

Got it
No one said you were suppose to know the quote. That is why we are pointing it out to you, in case you didn't know the quote.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Giants (36)
Bears (39)
Colts (42)
Browns (44)
KC (50)
Eagles (51)
Steelers (52)

Then again watching
Patriots (54)
Cardinals (55)
Cowboys (56)
Bills (57)

Two options to trade up:
1. trade our #59 into that 47 (WFT) 49 (Saints) range IF we want 2 of the better remaining TE or WR options. Both of those teams already picked at WR

2. Trade 53 into that top 40 range (most aggressive)
For me it is MN-CHI-SEA-IND-CLV-BLT-KC-PIT 2ND PICK N.E.-DAL-ATL
Giants recently spent big on Golladay and have Shepard. Eagles just got AJ Brown. Carrds just got Hollywood Brown. IMO

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i HOPE we stand pat and follow his board. BPA. IMO. IN a perfet world they get a WR at 53, E at 59 and OL at 92. Have fun guys I will be at the neighborhood watering hole and not on my computer tonight. I live in Chicago and love giving Bear fans crap.

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best draft ever for Pack, don't need a WR, let's see if we can get one of those QB's in the 2nd and maybe another D player then in the 3rd or 4th or even 7th maybe a WR..... Soooooooooo excited...........LOL

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
My second favorite WR in the draft for the Packers. I liked Olave best, but Christian Watson is going to be a stud for the Packers. LFG!!!!!

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This draft is already a big hit. All icing on the cake from here on out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online