2021 Season - 1st Quarter Assessment

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Hope he is back next year and grievances with upper echelons will work out for the better of the team.
I don't know if this season will cure what ails Rodgers when it comes to the Packer organization. Given his personality, I think if there is an out, he will take it. Of course, I doubted him coming back this year, but always quantified it with the idea that his competitive nature and the Packers unwillingness to trade him, might get him back.

The Cobb move alone probably isn't enough to make Rodgers believe that the change he desires in the Packer organization has taken place, but maybe there is more going on behind the scenes that bridges the gap.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is looking more and more that next year will be all in or fold. They will not spend the money on Adams unless Rodgers is back. Why put yourself further in cap hell during a re-build. There is no way Rodgers comes back unless they show him respect by re-signing Adams. If either one of them are gone I consider it a re-build. Going to take some creativity to be able to keep both.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
2022 will not be about winning, it will be about growing pains and planning for 2023 push.
You are more optimistic than I am. If Rodgers and Adams leave, I think it will be at least 2, if not more, years before the Packers find themselves at or near the top again.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are more optimistic than I am. If Rodgers and Adams leave, I think it will be at least 2, if not more, years before the Packers find themselves at or near the top again.

I think you read more into what I said then meant. I'm not saying 2023 we'd be on the top, but 2023 would if I was the organization where I set a goal to compete for division realistically if Love is going to be a good QB. That might mean only 9 or 10 wins and some ugly...who knows. Miracles happen, perhaps Rodgers takes less and stays...doubtful but not impossible.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think you read more into what I said then meant. I'm not saying 2023 we'd be on the top, but 2023 would if I was the organization where I set a goal to compete for division realistically if Love is going to be a good QB. That might mean only 9 or 10 wins and some ugly...who knows. Miracles happen, perhaps Rodgers takes less and stays...doubtful but not impossible.
I wasn't implying that they will be 0-16 bad, but I do think without Rodgers and Adams, they would struggle to make the playoffs for several years. The good news, if Rodgers isn't in Green Bay, we will have received some decent trade value for him and can use those picks to possibly improve faster. The bad news, we won't get anything but a potential 2023 end of the 3rd round compensatory pick if Dante doesn't resign.

Reaction score
I think we came out stale. Then we’ve had some relatively easier teams to start. Just how I see it and that’s ok I’m not complaining.
I don’t see a real serious opponent/threat until Arizona. We could easily 6-1 or 5-2 and gradually getting healthy and I think you’ll see us get back to 2020 form gradually. I see us with time on our side.

On a optimistic view moving forward.

-We get back Elgton this week
-We get back MVS next week against What the Football team and start dabbling with Jaylon also in Lambeau.
-We get back Bakhtiari @Arizona
-We get back Jaire either Nov 7 or 14th
-We get 2 thumbs up for Z on Christmas Eve. However we hold him out because we’ve got the Division lock and we go with a prudent measure and save him for Playoffs.

With Gods grace we’ll have a group of Clark, Z, Preston, Gary, Jaylon, Campbell, Amos, Stokes, J’aire and Savage Postseason starting at Lambeau
In the meantime, the only real threat in our Division we face this weekend. Chicago has the #1 pass rush and if we win this game, we are 2.5 games ahead of the next closest team. I don’t see any other division team going on a 6-8 game Win terror and that’s what they’d need to catch or pass us. The playoffs start @Chicago as long as injuries going forward remain normal range.

A win @Chicago would be enormous from a playoff seeding, probability perspective.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

It is looking more and more that next year will be all in or fold. They will not spend the money on Adams unless Rodgers is back. Why put yourself further in cap hell during a re-build. There is no way Rodgers comes back unless they show him respect by re-signing Adams. If either one of them are gone I consider it a re-build. Going to take some creativity to be able to keep both.

The Packers should be all-in this season as the cap situation most likely will make it impossible next year.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I think we came out stale. Then we’ve had some relatively easier teams to start. Just how I see it and that’s ok I’m not complaining.
I don’t see a real serious opponent/threat until Arizona. We could easily 6-1 or 5-2 and gradually getting healthy and I think you’ll see us get back to 2020 form gradually. I see us with time on our side.

On a optimistic view moving forward.

-We get back Elgton this week
-We get back MVS next week against What the Football team and start dabbling with Jaylon also in Lambeau.
-We get back Bakhtiari @Arizona
-We get back Jaire either Nov 7 or 14th
-We get 2 thumbs up for Z on Christmas Eve. However we hold him out because we’ve got the Division lock and we go with a prudent measure and save him for Playoffs.

With Gods grace we’ll have a group of Clark, Z, Preston, Gary, Jaylon, Campbell, Amos, Stokes, J’aire and Savage Postseason starting at Lambeau
In the meantime, the only real threat in our Division we face this weekend. Chicago has the #1 pass rush and if we win this game, we are 2.5 games ahead of the next closest team. I don’t see any other division team going on a 6-8 game Win terror and that’s what they’d need to catch or pass us. The playoffs start @Chicago as long as injuries going forward remain normal range.

A win @Chicago would be enormous from a playoff seeding, probability perspective.
This is definitely the optimistic, best case scenario. I'm hoping you're right about getting Jaire and Z back, but I have my doubts.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This is definitely the optimistic, best case scenario. I'm hoping you're right about getting Jaire and Z back, but I have my doubts.
The Packers have been pretty quiet on both players prognosis, but given that the playoffs don't start for another 3 months, I'm hoping its reasonable to expect both players back sometime between now and then.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Packers have been pretty quiet on both players prognosis, but given that the playoffs don't start for another 3 months, I'm hoping its reasonable to expect both players back sometime between now and then.
With some of the returns the Packers have gotten since week 1, I'm starting to feel really good about what a fully healthy squad can accomplish. Jaire and Stokes on the outside, King on the inside (if we must), Amos and Savage on the backend, Z/Preston/Gary pressuring, and Campbell/Jaylon anchoring the middle, Clark solid as a rock on the interior. Hopefully the injury Gods are good to us.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
With some of the returns the Packers have gotten since week 1, I'm starting to feel really good about what a fully healthy squad can accomplish. Jaire and Stokes on the outside, King on the inside (if we must), Amos and Savage on the backend, Z/Preston/Gary pressuring, and Campbell/Jaylon anchoring the middle, Clark solid as a rock on the interior. Hopefully the injury Gods are good to us.
I hope I am wrong, but I don't think we have seen the last of injuries to starters. Seems like we are losing 1 or more per game. The last 2 seasons for the Packers were somewhat of an anomaly when it comes to how healthy the Packers stayed. From 2009 through 2020, the Packers were the ninth-most injured team based on total games missed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts