2021 opponents

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When was the last time we played SF at Lambeau? This is getting as tiresome as all those years going to Dallas in the 90s.
This will be our 3rd ******* year we're playing these guys. The last home game against these guys was McCarthy's final season as head coach in which we barely managed to beat them as Jimmy G was out due to injury.

Im getting tired of playing 49ers yet again...

Why couldent we get The Bucs again in Tampa so maybe I could had attended it...
You have no idea how badly I want to beat down this team. If we do by some chance meet them again I welcome it. We owe these ****ers as far as I'm concerned.

I'd like to see if Rodgers can beat TB, or if they're his new kryptonite. As for the Bears, I hope they do well enough to make the NFCCG, might be the only way we can make the Super Bowl!
Dude I get Rodgers has had his struggles in the NFCCG but you're not implying that he is to blame for our lack of success are you? I definitely put a good amount of blame for Rodgers for this year definitely, but the previous ones not so much. Typically it was just bad luck or we were simply outclassed.

Speaking of which, tbh none of these teams scare me, but at this point I'm just gonna straight up and say Idc what our record is this season, just so long as we make the playoffs. Idc if Rodgers has a stellar season like last season. Idc if he has a mediocre one. I will judge this team solely based on what happens in the playoffs.

D

Deleted member 6794

Dude I get Rodgers has had his struggles in the NFCCG but you're not implying that he is to blame for our lack of success are you? I definitely put a good amount of blame for Rodgers for this year definitely, but the previous ones not so much.

Rodgers was pressured on 30% of his dropbacks against the Bucs and had to get rid of the ball faster than on average this season but yet played a pretty good game.

In my opinion he doesn't deserves a significant share of blame for this year's NFCCG loss.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was pressured on 30% of his dropbacks against the Bucs and had to get rid of the ball faster than on average this season but yet played a pretty good game.

In my opinion he doesn't deserves a significant share of blame for this year's NFCCG loss.
In my humble opinion, coaching should be blamed for the loss in the loss in the NFCCG.
That was the most cowardly bit of coaching I've seen since the Dan Devine years.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
You know, it seems to me that after the Pack's loss in the NFC Championship Game two years ago, we were told there was NO WAY the Pack would win the NFC North (or finish 13-3 again, more like 9-7/10-6) this most recent season because the Pack were now going to play a schedule consisting of division winners ... blah blah blah ... and 'lo and behold, the "usuals" were wrong again. I get that it's all fun and games and stuff ... but, I just do not pay a whole lot of attention to wild-*** speculation about an upcoming season.

I didn't think they'd finish 13-3 again because they essentially brought back the same defense (read D.C.). I think that is a scenario that will play out again - but in a more painful manner due to who they brought in to replace him. I'll put new batteries in my crystal ball come late July.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude I get Rodgers has had his struggles in the NFCCG but you're not implying that he is to blame for our lack of success are you? I definitely put a good amount of blame for Rodgers for this year definitely, but the previous ones not so much. Typically it was just bad luck or we were simply outclassed.

He deserves a fair amount of blame, yes.

He deserves a lot of blame for 2014, where he could only lead 2 field goal drives off of 5 Seattle turnovers. He also deserves some blame in 2016 and 2019, when he was shut out in the first half of both games.

I also put half the blame on him for the Bucs loss. Supposedly one of the all-time greats, and this is what he does:
  • First half: 1st and goal from the TB 6 - throws 3 incompletions.
  • Second half: 1st and goal from the TB 8 - throws 3 incompletions.
  • Not to mention two 3-and-outs after Jaire's picks, where he dropped back on all 6 plays.

D

Deleted member 6794

He deserves a lot of blame for 2014, where he could only lead 2 field goal drives off of 5 Seattle turnovers. He also deserves some blame in 2016 and 2019, when he was shut out in the first half of both games.

The Seahawks defense in 2014 was an elite unit. It's mind-boggling to solely put the blame on Rodgers for not scoring in the first half against both the Falcons and Niners.

I also put half the blame on him for the Bucs loss. Supposedly one of the all-time greats, and this is what he does:
  • First half: 1st and goal from the TB 6 - throws 3 incompletions.
  • Second half: 1st and goal from the TB 8 - throws 3 incompletions.
  • Not to mention two 3-and-outs after Jaire's picks, where he dropped back on all 6 plays.

Once again, it wasn't solely Rodgers' fault those plays didn't work out. Overall he played a pretty good game against an elite defense. How did Mahomes fare against them in the Super Bowl???

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Seahawks defense in 2014 was an elite unit.

And Rodgers is supposedly an all-time elite QB. I expect better than 1 TD drive versus 5 FG drives.

It's mind-boggling to solely put the blame on Rodgers for not scoring in the first half against both the Falcons and Niners.

How is "some blame" the same as "solely"?

Once again, it wasn't solely Rodgers' fault those plays didn't work out.

Once again, how is "half the blame" the same as "solely"? But when you have 6 tries on two 1st-and-goal opportunities and fail to complete any of them, he deserves a lot of blame for that.

Overall he played a pretty good game against an elite defense. How did Mahomes fare against them in the Super Bowl???

Mahomes was pressured much more often than Rodgers.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Rodgers is supposedly an all-time elite QB. I expect better than 1 TD drive versus 5 FG drives.
Tbf in the 2014 game both Cobb and Nelson drop would be TDs. Plus he was playing on a bum leg. I share your thoughts regarding this year's NFC Championship.

The other two not so much. The one against Atlanta it spiraled out of control ever since that fumble by Ripkowski and the missed FG by Crosby. It was a snowball effect.

San Fran granted Rodgers didn't play well after the first drive, but SF ran almost 300 yards down our throats.

D

Deleted member 6794

How is "some blame" the same as "solely"?

Once again, how is "half the blame" the same as "solely"? But when you have 6 tries on two 1st-and-goal opportunities and fail to complete any of them, he deserves a lot of blame for that.

You mentioned that Rodgers (not the Packers) was shut out in the first half of the 2016 and '19 NFCCG.

While I agree that he deserves some blame for not being able to score on any of those goal-to-go situations but others didn't make play on those either.

Mahomes was pressured much more often than Rodgers.

True, Rodgers performed at a much higher level than Mahomes as well.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It took Rodgers about a year to go off in LaFleur's system, probably gonna take a bit to grow in McVay's.

It probably will, but Stafford will have a more established, deeper receiving corp, as well as the best oline and defense he's ever had. I wouldn't doubt that Stafford could very well be poised for a career year.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is different being an entire team with a new coach/system and an established team/coach where everyone knows the drill, the offense, etc and you're just making a player change. When everyone else around you knows the system it's 10 other variables that are controlled as opposed to everything being new for all 11 on the field and the guy making the calls on the sideline.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I'm in the mood for a guessing game about how we will do this season. Got a long way to go and a draft yet to be done, but I think I'll shoot for it.

So with this year's schedule I'm thinking something like this:
So home games besides our divisional opponents are vs the Browns, Steelers, Rams, Seahawks, and Washington
Road games at the Bengals, Ravens, 49ers, Cardinals and Saints

Right now the only divisional opponent that worries me is the Vikes because their offense did pretty good last year despite losing Stefon Diggs, and Jefferson will be a receiver to be reckoned with this year. Bears aren't likely getting any better though and Detroit once again screwed up in their head coach hiring process, and swapping out Stafford for Goff will not help them.

The one thing I hope the NFL does this time is schedule our game vs Pittsburgh week 1 to force them to play against Aaron Rodgers. Just ridiculous that they gotten lucky to only have to face Matt Flynn and Brett Hundley the last two times they played us.

But anyway, assuming Rodgers is healthy I see us going something like 11-5 or 12-4.

The Ravens, 49ers and Cardinals are the only opponents that got me real concerned mostly because I think the 49ers will be a lot healthier this year, the stadium in Phoenix has been bad luck for us, and it's always rough it seems like whenever our defense has to face pure running QBs.

Bengals could be a trap game, but Zac Taylor has thus far been a disaster.

Saints .... well there won't be any Drew Brees any more. They're probably going to try and make a play for an already known QB via trade or FA, but if that doesn't happen and the status quo remains going with either Hill or Winston, their days of dominance are over.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I expect the 2nd half of the season to be better than the first half due to new defensive coordinator and changes on the offensive line. There is no way I’m expecting an identical offensive efficiency performance like last year. IMO that was a remarkable outlier on the chart.

D

Deleted member 6794

I expect the 2nd half of the season to be better than the first half due to new defensive coordinator and changes on the offensive line. There is no way I’m expecting an identical offensive efficiency performance like last year. IMO that was a remarkable outlier on the chart.

The Packers need to address the offensive line but other than that there's no reason to believe the offense will regress in 2021.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think it will regress either with the way the receiver play improved, finding our TE, and with the resigning of Aaron Jones and hopefully giving Dillon a lot more playing time.

But I don't expect to eclipse the 13-3 mark a third year in a row though as this, to my recollection has never been done in NFL history.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts