2021 Intriguing Draft Prospects

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm.. it seems like the Packers tend to select prospects ages 20-22 for their first and second-round picks.. (time to update my Amish Draft!)

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay.. Okay.. I see you, JOK.. Watched the Clemson game and the Florida State game. This guy can RUN and COVER. Violent tackler when untouched, flying missile. Not sure why I said 3-5th round... Definitely 1 round potential. I must've been drunk :roflmao: Going in a 3-4 mike/will linebacker would be doing him a disservice though. 4-3 Will is probably his best fit.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay.. Okay.. I see you, JOK.. Watched the Clemson game and the Florida State game. This guy can RUN and COVER. Violent tackler when untouched, flying missile. Not sure why I said 3-5th round... Definitely 1 round potential. I must've been drunk :roflmao: Going in a 3-4 mike/will linebacker would be doing him a disservice though. 4-3 Will is probably his best fit.

Lifelong ND fan and I am not fan of JOK in the 1st. He isn't built at all like a LB and cannot win when blockers get hands on him...he also just is too big for a traditional safety position. Yes he is 100% a great tackler when he gets clean, can cover and excels in reading but his lack of size and strength worries me at the next level if a team wants to use him at a traditional ILB role.

Would I be mad if JOK fell to us...no...would have concerns which IMO are valid...yup.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, he’s really good when untouched. Which, to quote Ben Fennell, tells me absolutely nothing.

The thing that worries me is that most player types like him have not done well. Even Isaiah Simmons, who is a lot better than JOK, struggled finding a fit.

JOK is going to need the exact right fit, and even then, idk. I think he’s a safety.

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slipping, shedding and taking on blocks are currently his weakness.. As a linebacker you're going to have to take on blocks in the NFL not matter what. This is one of my biggest gripe about these safety linebacker hybrid types.. Majority of them avoid contact. It really is a mentality and attitude to want to, IMO.

You both made 100% valid concerns (same concerns I have).. if teams play JOK in tradition ILB.. theyre definitely doing him a disservice. It was really fun watching JOK nonetheless (as was Isaiah Simmons).

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Elephant in the room is Micah Parson's off-field issues. I wouldn't be surprise if Parson falls into late first..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts