2020 Watchlist

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
***** Fischer would be the piece the Packers desperately need. Or would dline be?

The Northwestern LB? I have seen him play against the Badgers and while his stats are impressive, he kind of reminds me of guys like Scooby Wright and Tyler Matakevich. Players who put up great stats in college, but lack the athletic ability for the next level. Will be interesting to watch what he does this year for the Mildcats and if he declares, where he goes in the draft. Plus, I think he is more of a MLB in an 4-3.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Felipe Franks is an awful QB.

He's physically talented, but he's not good enough to be even an average NFL QB.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're 2-0, and if we go 3-0 and continue our winning ways the top WRs in the 1st Round will surely be gone. I think Gute might go BPA thinking he can find a quality OL in the 2nd or 3rd Round again. Time to complete the defense!

Isaiah Simmons - LB/S - Clemson

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Listed at 6'3, 225 and I believe he'll weigh in at the combine at roughly 235-238. He's not a project in the way Burks is, he's ready to start RIGHT NOW. In the event that Martinez walks in FA, he fills a big hole in the defense. If Martinez can stay, we have a guaranteed Top 10 defense next year. He shut down Miles Boykin in the CFB Playoff playing in the slot last year and has plenty of tape covering other WRs and TEs too.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're 2-0, and if we go 3-0 and continue our winning ways the top WRs in the 1st Round will surely be gone. I think Gute might go BPA thinking he can find a quality OL in the 2nd or 3rd Round again. Time to complete the defense!

Isaiah Simmons - LB/S - Clemson

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Listed at 6'3, 225 and I believe he'll weigh in at the combine at roughly 235-238. He's not a project in the way Burks is, he's ready to start RIGHT NOW. In the event that Martinez walks in FA, he fills a big hole in the defense. If Martinez can stay, we have a guaranteed Top 10 defense next year. He shut down Miles Boykin in the CFB Playoff playing in the slot last year and has plenty of tape covering other WRs and TEs too.

I know it's the draft, and completely unpredictable, but I can't imagine Simmons will be there when we pick.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got him as a Top 15-20 pick. It really all depends if Dylan Moses from Alabama remains the 1st LB off the board. I had him Top 5, now I have him Top 10-15ish. If we make the playoffs forget it. But if we're picking under 20 it's definitely a possibility.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got him as a Top 15-20 pick. It really all depends if Dylan Moses from Alabama remains the 1st LB off the board. I had him Top 5, now I have him Top 10-15ish. If we make the playoffs forget it. But if we're picking under 20 it's definitely a possibility.

I'm personally hoping the injury drops Moses into the 20's, even though I know it's unlikely.

Him, Lavishka Shenault, Jalen Raegor, Tee Higgins, and those WR's are all very intriguing to me. This is a really good WR class.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Evan Weaver is a roaming high motor LB I'd love to pair with Martinez. Jacob Phillips I feel could also serve us well, but I foresee him possibly climbing higher and higher.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers continue their winning ways....I'm throwing my hands up on predictions right now. A lot of mock drafts have us 30th. I'm scouting gems at this point and I'm a few weeks shy of predicting Gute either trades out of the 1st Round or packages picks to move up.

How's everyone's scouting process so far? Any insights?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers continue their winning ways....I'm throwing my hands up on predictions right now. A lot of mock drafts have us 30th. I'm scouting gems at this point and I'm a few weeks shy of predicting Gute either trades out of the 1st Round or packages picks to move up.

How's everyone's scouting process so far? Any insights?

IF we move back I sense a OL biggun might be our first pick...IF we move up I sense ILB stud will be target (only a couple game changers IMO at this point). I still however think Evan Weaver is a guy as I shared before at ILB that I think more and more attention will need to be given to.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All that said Isiah Simmons is a true stud ready to walk in and take over....but we will need to trade up for that to happen.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Troy Dye, and ***** Fisher are both LB's that would seem to be fits, that could be had on day 2/3. Might not be there on day 3. I like Troy Dye a lot.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never.

I already have my 2021 Watch list: Trevor Lawrence.

For 2020, I would put Badger RB Jonathan Taylor near the top of the list. He faces the challenge of running behind a relatively new OL, as well as taking hand offs from a less familiar QB, but I think he will be up to the task. As long as he reduces fumbles and has a similar year to his first 2, look for him to be in the conversation for Round 1 of the 2020 Draft.

2017: 299 carries, 1977 yds., 6.6/carry 13 TD's 6 fumbles
2018: 307 carries, 2194 yds., 7.1 ave. 16 TD's 4 fumbles

I'm fully prepared for being called a Badger Homer, as well as people mentioning Ron Dayne and Monty Ball. :D

Looking at those stats he fumbles quite a bit

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordyn Brooks is a really good ILB. Kind of came out of nowhere, and nobody thinks of Texas Tech as having a good defensive player.

I'd take him over Kenneth Murray, personally.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been watching Jordyn Brooks since Week 2-3. I want to him in in a bowl game this year and see what he can do with that. His grade is ascending though I agree.

You know who's descending? Dylan Moses. A draft where we could have Moses 3rd Round and Brooks 4th Round would be alright with me.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been watching Jordyn Brooks since Week 2-3. I want to him in in a bowl game this year and see what he can do with that. His grade is ascending though I agree.

You know who's descending? Dylan Moses. A draft where we could have Moses 3rd Round and Brooks 4th Round would be alright with me.

There is no world where Dylan Moses is going 3rd round.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Highly unlikely, yes. But if he can't do anything at the Combine....which I'm hearing some rumors, it might gains some traction. For sight unseen, I wouldn't mind Moses in the 3rd. He's only a RS JR, he may decide not to declare at all.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Highly unlikely, yes. But if he can't do anything at the Combine....which I'm hearing some rumors, it might gains some traction. For sight unseen, I wouldn't mind Moses in the 3rd. He's only a RS JR, he may decide not to declare at all.

Moses is going 2nd round at worst.

I'd take him in the 1st without a second thought.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kinda feel that way to an extent, but I think the better idea is to roll the dice and perhaps trade up for him in the 2nd to lessen the hit if he doesn't pan out til his 2nd year. As much as I love Savage, those two 4ths still sting.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moses is going 2nd round at worst.

I'd take him in the 1st without a second thought.
Be nice to see how he comes back from the ACL first.

He may return to school and reinstate his draft stock. Or . . . Go into the NFL now and not risk another injury.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I would love to see the packers leave the first rounder for a Dline/ILB and use their second on a guy like Jalen Reagor. Slot receiver the packers desperately need that has punt return ability.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Reagor is interesting. He's pretty electric with the ball in his hands and he has speed to burn. I haven't been able to get much on him from this season. I don't like the simplicity of the offense he's coming out of.

It's also ridiculously early to debate draft position, so suffice it to say that right now most seem to think he's a top 40 guy, as opposed to someone you could land in the late second round.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
His games against Michigan State and Ohio State exposed a lot about him. His OL produces a lot of yards for him.

LOL....had to laugh. I suppose next you are going to say he is just another over-rated Badger running back? One that just passed Hershel Walker's long standing record for yards gained by a 3rd year college back.

So tell me, what are all of these things that the MSU and OSU games exposed about him?

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL....had to laugh. I suppose next you are going to say he is just another over-rated Badger running back? One that just passed Hershel Walker's long standing record for yards gained by a 3rd year college back.

So tell me, what are all of these things that the MSU and OSU games exposed about him?

I think he's a fine back.

He's not the top back in this class by any means.

Has good size, good speed. OL creates a lot of yards for him. Seems to be pretty straight line, some wiggle but not a lot. Fumbles waaaaay too much, and that's a big concern.

I think he's better than Melvin Gordon! As far as overrated, that just depends on where people have him rated. If they think he's the #1 back, then I think they're overrating him. If they don't think he's a top 6 back in the draft, I think they're underrating him.

Latest posts