2017 Season Predictions

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers win the Superbowl by beating the Raiders 27-17

Jamaal Williams is our leading rusher with 1048 yards.

Bennett leads packers with 14 TDs

Haha leads Pack with 8 ints

Packer defense ranks #6 in points allowed

Packer offense is #1 in points scored

Packers DMVP not named Daniels: Haha

Packers OMVP not named Rodgers: Bennett

Surprise players: Ryan and Kendricks.

NFL:

NYJ are going for a franchise QB and will talk the season
Dallas and Atlanta will miss the playoffs
Tampa and Chargers will surprise people.
OROY: Mccaffrey
DROY: Garrett
NFL MVP: Rodgers
Danielle Hunter leads the NFL in sacks with 20
Adrianne Peterson rushes for under 320 yds and retires at the end of the season.
Both Dak Prescott's and Sam Bradfords passer rating drops 10 pts from last year
Seattle will start out great and then falter

Some are bold some not. What do you got?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
A lot of these are lofty thoughts, but hey, they're bold predictions, right?

Rodgers will flirt with, or eclipse 50 TD passes.

Nelson, Adams, and Bennett all will have 10+ TD receptions.

Montgomery will have 1,500 all purpose yards.

Clay will have 10+ sacks.

Surprise player: Quinten Rollins

Rookie standout: Kevin King

Trevor Davis will return 2 punts for TD's

Coach of the year: Mike Mularkey

NFL MVP: Aaron Rodgers

SB MVP: Aaron Rodgers

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
King will be rookie of the year.
Agree with your assessment of Jamaal!
Jordy will have a break out year with the assistance of bennet in the lineup.
our OLB will be feared.
our ILB will be feared because of our OLB
our CBs will not be feared but will be kinda feared.
jones and haha will have fun
packers will add another ring.
My boy Francois will get his ring. finally!
Bennet will take francois' ring and sell it on ebay and donate the the money to his children's book business.

cowboys will miss the playoffs.
saints will surprise many this year but will lose in the playoffs
atlanta will still have the SB hangover all year

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just to expand this a bit more. From another forum I post in....

Post your prediction.

[15 pts for each of below]

MVP: Aaron Rodgers
OPOTY:
DPOTY:
OROY:

DROY:
CPOTY:
COTY:
Mike McCarthy

[10 pts for each of below]

NFC North: Packers
NFC East: Cowboys
NFC South: Falcons
NFC West: Seahawks
Wild card I: Giants
Wild card II: Bucaneers

AFC North: Steelers
AFC East: Patriots
AFC South: Titans
AFC West: Chargers
Wild card I: Raiders
Wild card II: Bengals

[20 pts for each of below]

NFC Championship game: Packers over Seahawks
AFC Championship game: Patriots over Steelers

[25 pts for below]

Super Bowl LII: Packers over Patriots

Sky King

Reaction score
  1. Within one minute after the opening kickoff of the season opener someone on this forum will wail that the entire season is lost
  2. Skip Bayless will make a fool of himself more times in 2017 than the total number of career TDs Rodgers has thrown to date
  3. Investigators searching for a humble Patriots fan will come up empty
  4. Fans that have painted "Go Pack" on their bare Milwaukee goiters (to get on TV) will think viewers are laughing with them
  5. The talking heads of halftime will engage in hyperbole weekly as they extol virtually nothing worth hearing
  6. Beer and pizza commercials will cause you to head for the kitchen but insurance commercials featuring Flo will cancel that out
  7. The London Jaguars will play a home game overseas (Jacksonville) yet it will not be a sellout
  8. Plans to build another new stadium in Atlanta will be announced during the 2017 regular season game against the Packers
  9. Jay Cutler will throw more interceptions than the number of times Skip Bayless makes a fool of himself over the 2017 season
  10. The Bears will still suck

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
11. there will be a seahawks fan prancing around in red boots knocking cheeseheads off packer fans. then the pack fans will catch the mother feather and give him a good ole wisconsin country bumpkin **** beating!

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers wins his 3rd regular season MVP and his 2nd Super Bowl MVP

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Rodgers new proclaimed identity will lead him to be more focused, and throw 47-4 on the year.
2. The Pack will still struggle to find a consistent running game leaving Rodgers to throw 45 times a game.
3. The Pats will not win the SB, not even the AFC Championship.
4. The AFC will see 3 new playoff teams.
5. The NFC will see 2 new playoff teams.
6. Kevin King will have the most INT of our CB's
7. Clay will retire at the end of this year.
8. I am not predicting a record for the Pack nor talk about what will happen during the postseason in fear of the jinx theory.

9. Oh almost forgot the Jets will win 1 game and still leave the Lions as the only win less team

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bold prediction: Damarious Randall has a stud like season.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm having a little trouble getting together my hot takes. I think the season will be great, but I think it will mostly be the usual suspects.

I'll go with a 7 sack season for Dean Lowry and 1,600 total yards from scrimmage for Ty Montgomery.

Reaction score
I'm doubling down. The utter failure to get in decent O Line depth, the total unreliability of our RB group, and the lackluster infusion of pass rushing talent (we're all excited that TT has done something in FA, but let's call a horse a horse) lead me to think we have a much better chance of missing the playoffs than winning the Superbowl. For the first year since 2009, I actually think that this team is not capable of taking it all.

I've got us heading into our bye week at 3-4 (4-3 best case scenario), and limping into the playoffs with either a wildcard or a weak division win at 9-7 (10-6 best case scenario). I think our defense finishes bottom 10, probably around 25th ranked. I think our offense finishes top 10 but not top 5, probably 6th ranked. Rodgers is discussed as an MVP candidate, but does not win it. Four players from the team are selected for the ProBowl; Burnett, Daniels, Bahktiari, and Nelson.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'm doubling down. The utter failure to get in decent O Line depth, the total unreliability of our RB group, and the lackluster infusion of pass rushing talent (we're all excited that TT has done something in FA, but let's call a horse a horse) lead me to think we have a much better chance of missing the playoffs than winning the Superbowl. For the first year since 2009, I actually think that this team is not capable of taking it all.

I've got us heading into our bye week at 3-4 (4-3 best case scenario), and limping into the playoffs with either a wildcard or a weak division win at 9-7 (10-6 best case scenario). I think our defense finishes bottom 10, probably around 25th ranked. I think our offense finishes top 10 but not top 5, probably 6th ranked. Rodgers is discussed as an MVP candidate, but does not win it. Four players from the team are selected for the ProBowl; Burnett, Daniels, Bahktiari, and Nelson.
The running game will be better. Jordy has another year under his belt after returning from the injury in '15. Adams will only be better. The TE position is more stable than I can remember it being. Your concerns about the o-line are understandable, but this offense is better across the board from last year's unit. Rodgers isn't going to be in the same funk he was in to start last season

Defensively, we have absolutely no where to go but up after the additions that were made, and the apparent progression of some young guys currently on the roster. I'm not delusional enough to believe this is a top 10 defense, but I am expecting middle of the pack which will be enough to get timely stops and win games.

Bottom line for me: Rodgers said relax in 2014, and the team took off. Rodgers said run the table in 2016, and the team ran the table. Rodgers said the focus is on capturing home field advantage.....you see where I'm going.

When all else fails, trust in 12.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm having trouble reconciling
Rodgers is discussed as an MVP candidate, but does not win it.
with
Four players from the team are selected for the ProBowl; Burnett, Daniels, Bahktiari, and Nelson.
How does a loser in the MVP discussion not be good enough for the pro-bowl? I don't think he goes anyway but still...

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Packers:
1. Packers will lead the league in interceptions and safety group will be considered top 5 in the NFL
2. Packers total points per game >30
3. Aaron Rodgers has another undeafeated December, only goes on to the Super Bowl this year.
4. Ty Montgomery rushes for >1,000 yards and >1,500 all purpose yards
5. Mike Daniels walks away with >8 sacks on the season

NFL:
1. Browns make playoffs with wild card spot
2. LA Rams and NY Jets tie the league for worst records at 2-14
3. Tampa Bay gives Atlanta a run for their money and take the NFC South, but Atlanta beats them in the Divisional playoff game
4. Steelers knock off the Patriots at home in January
5. Packers beat Atlanta on the road for an NFC rematch
6. Packers (42) ; Steelers (31) Super Bowl Rematch
OROFY: Kareem Hunt
DROFY: TJ Watt
NFL MVP: Aaron Rodgers
Super Bowl MVP: Ty Montgomery
COTY: Mikeyy Mike

Reaction score
How does a loser in the MVP discussion not be good enough for the pro-bowl? I don't think he goes anyway but still...
Glad I'm not the only one who picked up on that. :laugh:
Because pro-bowl nods are notoriously winning-team-centric, and I think there will be a few QBs from winning-er teams in the NFC who get the nod over Aaron.

Similar to last year? When Rodgers was in consideration for the MVP but didn't get first nod for the pro bowl?

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers wins his 3rd regular season MVP and his 2nd Super Bowl MVP

I don't care about Rodgers winning the regular season MVP by any means.

I have been accused of taking a way too negative approach towards the Packers chances entering a season on several occasions but you're taking it to a whole different level. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind the team is one of only a handful favorites to win the Super Bowl.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I don't care about Rodgers winning the regular season MVP by any means.
Winning 3 league MVP's is an accomplishment that I would like for him to have. He will be remembered mostly for the Super Bowls, but part of what makes Peyton special is the 5 MVP's. Three would be pretty sweet for ARod.

Plus, an MVP award for Rodgers means he's at the top of his game, which bodes remarkably well for the Packers chances at another ring, assuming that the defense is doing its part.

D

Deleted member 6794

Winning 3 league MVP's is an accomplishment that I would like for him to have. He will be remembered mostly for the Super Bowls, but part of what makes Peyton special is the 5 MVP's. Three would be pretty sweet for ARod.

Plus, an MVP award for Rodgers means he's at the top of his game, which bodes remarkably well for the Packers chances at another ring, assuming that the defense is doing its part.

Rodgers winning another regular season MVP award doesn't guarantee the Packers taking home another Lombardi Trophy though which is all I care about though.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Rodgers winning another regular season MVP award doesn't guarantee the Packers taking home another Lombardi Trophy though which is all I care about though.
Understood, but it's okay to want both even though you might not care about it. ;)

Lombardi's are the main goal, no question.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
3. Tampa Bay gives Atlanta a run for their money and take the NFC South, but Atlanta beats them in the Divisional playoff game
5. Packers beat Atlanta on the road for an NFC rematch
Packers are the #6 seed? The only way this scenario plays out.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Clay will take himself out healthy in a must win defensive scenario
2. Defensive backfield will be riddled w inconsistency
3. Offensive line will be shaky
4. Adams becomes the number one threat on offense
5. If Rodgers gets injured this team will win no more than 6 games
6. With Rodgers in the line up the team goes 10-6
7. Free agent help aids holes on the team
8. Still looking for a punter
9. Oakland wins super bowl

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
10-6
Gotta hope they gel and get hot for the tourney like they did 7 LONG years ago...
I think Mathews is done, certainly a shell of his former self (for some reason)
I think the defensive backfield will be much improved despite a lackluster pass rush
If Rodgers gets hurt early we go 6-10 ( 4-12 if he gets hurt tomorrow) and we get a great draft slot

Members online

Latest posts