2014 Draft Position - #21 A look Ahead - Who do we draft?

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay has the 21st Pick in each of the 7 Rounds of the 2014 Draft. Let us know who you would want TT & MM to draft and why!

TT Previous 1st Round Picks include: vs Previous #21 1st Round Picks

2013 - #26 - Datone Jones - DE (?) vs 2013 - Tyler Eifert - TE - Cincinnati
2012 - #28 - Nick Perry -LB (?) vs 2012 - Chandler Jones - DE - NE
2011 - #32 - Derrick Sherrod - OT (?) vs 2011 - Phil Taylor - DT - Cleveland
2010 - #23 - Brian Bulaga - OT (Blue Chip) vs 2010 - Jermaine Gresham - TE - Cincinnati
2009 - # 9 - B.J. Raji - DT (?) vs 2009 - Alex Mack - C - Cleveland
2009 - #26 - Clay Mathews -LB (Blue Chip)
2008 - #30 - Traded to Jets (D. Keller) - GB (Jordy Nelson) (Blue Chip) vs 2008 - Sam Baker - OT - Atlanta
2007 - #16 - Justin Harrell (Major Bust) vs 2007 - Reggie Nelson - DB - Jacksonville
2006 - # 5 - A.J. Hawk - LB (Solid) vs 2006 - Laurence Maroney - RB - NE
2005 - #24 - Aaron Rodgers (Blue Chip) vs 2005 - Matt Jones - WR -Jacksonville

Last edited:
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

IMO the #1 Draft Pick should be the best CB or Safety available.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Safety Kenny Ladler, Vanderbilt or Calvin Pryor, Louisville

LADLER
Vanderbilt S Kenny Ladler was named first team All-SEC by the Associated Press after having a hand in 10 turnovers five interceptions and five forced fumbles.

PRYOR

TCHickman24

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Safety Kenny Ladler, Vanderbilt or Calvin Pryor, Louisville

LADLER
Vanderbilt S Kenny Ladler was named first team All-SEC by the Associated Press after having a hand in 10 turnovers five interceptions and five forced fumbles.

PRYOR

I don't think any of those guys are 1st Rd picks

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO the #1 Draft Pick should be the best CB or Safety available.

That's a recipe for drafting a bust. Draft best value available, the best player who happens to fit a position of need. Drafting purely for need is how you grab Terrell Buckley over Troy Vincent or AJ Hawk over Vernon Davis.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Just because we need a safety doesn't mean we reach for one. The safety position is very weak this year. But if I had to pick (no particular order)

CJ Mosley
Stephon Tuitt
Darqueze Dennard
Kony Ealy
Ealy is just Daniels. Though him already being hurt speeds up the process of putting him on IR. If Dennard falls I'm sending fruit baskets to every team in front of us.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I wonder too.... but I am told by someone smart that Pryor will fly up the boards before the Draft..... we'll see.
Depends on how he interviews, being smart at a football position always gives you a big jump. 40 and Allstar Game are checkpoints.

TCHickman24

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fairly certain we won't draft a OT with the 21st, but one guy that I can't stop watching tape on is Greg Robinson from Auburn. This kid eats!

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CJ Mosley has never impressed me, to me he looks like AJ Hawk with less ability. Doesn't excel at getting off blocks, lacks speed and didn't impress me in coverage. Great College ball player, don't like him as a pro prospect.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Hard to say. There are a lot issues, thus a lot of directions we could go. S, LB, DL and OT are all positions I think could be addressed with a 1st round pick

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just because we need a safety doesn't mean we reach for one. The safety position is very weak this year. But if I had to pick (no particular order)

CJ Mosley
Stephon Tuitt
Darqueze Dennard
Kony Ealy

No need to reach. Just trade down and then pick one.

TCHickman24

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CJ Mosley has never impressed me, to me he looks like AJ Hawk with less ability. Doesn't excel at getting off blocks, lacks speed and didn't impress me in coverage. Great College ball player, don't like him as a pro prospect.

Are we talking about the same player? Mosley, to me, is very instinctive and has a ton of athleticism.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In order of preference:

Clinton-Dix
Mosley
Amaro
Trade down

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are we talking about the same player? Mosley, to me, is very instinctive and has a ton of athleticism.

He is extremely instinctive I'll give him that, but when Ive watched him I wasn't blown away by his range.

raj34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CJ Mosley would be my first choice. I think his junior tape was better than his senior tape, but he's the closest thing to Navarro Bowman I've seen in the draft.

I like Vic Beasley too. Tremendous quickness and some diverse pass rush moves. Unlike Perry, there's zero question in my mind he has the lateral agility and athleticism to successfully play 3-4 OLB.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the draft you really have to wait for the all-star practices, games, and the combine. Lots of projected first rounders will drop like stones and lots of kids will fly up the boards. Right now players from big programs tend to be over valued and overhyped.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My money says Ted will take a tight end with his 1st pick if Finley can't come back.
I wouldn't doubt if his 1st pick is not in the 1st round.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should get a comp pick for Greg Jennings. Was there anyone else that left that we should get a pick for that I'm not thinking of? Walden?

Walden started 15 games this year and got a decent contract. I'm not sure what the formula is but it would be funny if we got a 4th for Walden, considering we would have been fortunate to get a conditional 7th for him as a trade chip.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Funny, I see Hawk with excellent instincts, much better coverage, and more fluid athleticism (Hawk is, when it boils down, a straight line guy). You're right that neither can fight off a block though.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny, I see Hawk with excellent instincts, much better coverage, and more fluid athleticism (Hawk is, when it boils down, a straight line guy). You're right that neither can fight off a block though.

Keep in mind what AJ Hawk looked like coming out of College, and consider the relative speed of the game. A lot of fast Collegiate players, even SEC players, would look like they had cement blocks on their feet in the NFL.