2012 Pro Football Focus Packer numbers

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone want to know the numbers on any player or position or any general question about the grading of the team just ask.

Ok so ill start with comparison team rankings. The 9ers are listed as the #1 offense and #1 defense. Packers ranked 13th on offense and 16th on defense.

On offense for the year we had 13 players grade out in the red (bad) on offense. Of those players, 7 saw a moderate to large amount of snaps. Those players are Finley, Bulaga, Alex Green, Newhouse, Saturday, Barclay, and Crabtree.

Aaron Rodgers is credited with 10 sacks, Lang and Newhouse are credited with 9 each. From there it falls off to different players. As far as hits go, Newhouse was credited with 37! and Bulaga with 20. Newhouse also led the team in penalties.

On defense of our 10 listed LBers, only 2 were graded out in the green (good). D line showed some struggles as well. Of our pass rush the only 3 that graded out in the Green was Matthews, Neal, and Raji. Burnett led the team in tackles but also in missed tackles.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
21. Green Bay Packers (11)
PB – 11th, RB – 27th, PEN – 21st
Stud: There’s no denying that Josh Sitton (+20.7) had long been one of the best guards in the league. This year was no different than others in that regard.
Dud: Replacing Scott Wells with Jeff Saturday (-5.5) was supposed to ensure minimal dropoff. While technically Saturday was his old self, excelling in pass protection, he just couldn’t get the job done in the run game and was subsequently benched.
Summary: Despite the 51 sacks Aaron Rodgers took, this line more than did their part in protection. When you have a QB who holds on to the ball, sometimes things can look worse than they are. There’s no such excuses in the running game though. They were just weak up front.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm curious as to why Tom Clements was considered for head coaching jobs around the league.

The 13th ranked overall offense is pretty unacceptable given the talent level of the offense, IMO. We had never been out of the top 10 since 2005.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm curious as to why Tom Clements was considered for head coaching jobs around the league.

The 13th ranked overall offense is pretty unacceptable given the talent level of the offense, IMO. We had never been out of the top 10 since 2005.

Not to find excuses, but you have to believe the injuries that riddled our offense - from offensive line, to the revolving door at RB, and missing Jennings, Jordy, Cobb, and JMike for various portions of the season - played a part in the offensive production dropping. With that being said, I still felt like the offense was far too inconsistent even with these injuries.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
wow....so what I have been saying about newhouse is correct and I wasnt just seeing things in my old age.....yet I get slammed by folks on here for saying he is aweak link and not worth a crap? Strange huh? Eyes can lie, but mine didn't and neither do his poor stats. I would give his dumb *** the axe.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit that before the season, I was a big Newhouse fan and expected him to take a step forward. You'll notice that my voice was mostly absent from the mid- and post-season debates. He definitely regressed.

The Packers will have to make some big decisions at LT and offensive line coach. They may decide to keep both Newhouse and Campen in place, but it does seem that something should change. Either the HC/GM needs to make a personnel move or the position coach needs to go. Newhouse doesn't appear to be taking a step forward

Members online

Latest posts